Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

2 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

I'll probably wait until its finished, and see if/what they announce then before I decide to get it or not.

If its not the Pacific or the Mediterranean, then I'm officially going from supportive to outright boycotting. 

Yeah Mother, I would of liked to of seen an Italian campaign - without stepping on the toes of TF Dev team. Maybe it might be time to consider a PTO.

4 hours ago, busdriver said:

I previously posted I'd buy 24 Mosquito FB. Mk VI as gifts. I'll have to amend that since they're not Collector airplanes. I'll be gifting at least 8 Premium BON editions over Christmas. If you want to receive one, get familiar with Leonid & Friends on YouTube. 

Alright man, I checked it out; and while they are pretty cool; I'm confused.  Is this your band?

9 hours ago, unreasonable said:

I am very happy about this choice!  Not only does it fill out the western plane set, in particular the RAF planes, but the map could be usable for WW1 scenarios as well. (With a NML version). It covers much of the old RoF maps' area.

If there was a Spit Mk2 you could have the germans going in the other direction too.... Stand in BoB

9 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

Alright man, I checked it out; and while they are pretty cool; I'm confused.  Is this your band?

I've gifted a couple of things over the last few holiday seasons, usually with some contest...for example posting a picture of my favorite actress...or a YT music or comedy video I would like. My gift...my rules.

• Upvote 1

I admit to falling for some of the hyp around the prospect of some Naval Operations...Oh, well.

This will be nice too. 😉

Thanks

Edited by SYN_Mugue

When is the timeline of the Battle of Normandy (I know D-Day was 6/6/1944).

But does it start in March 1944 or earlier?

(Now I can do a complete tour as a 365th Hell Hawk pilot)

Congratulations to Jason, the Developer team, and all at 1C for announcing their next installment.  With the addition of 3 entirely new flyable aircraft in the form of the Mossie, Me410 and Ar234, and the balance being comprised of new variants of existing airframes and engine tech already in the sim (more 109s and 190s, another Ju88, a Typhoon to temper the Tempest, razorbacked USAAF aircraft) this will be a logical, carefully-paced extension of the series which should be easily attainable by your team's existing skill set.  It also seems as if it should be a safe investment as a pre-order for those who may be interested in funding this sort of endeavor.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

Pre-ordered everything. Had a couple of extra bucks lying around. So, I got an extra copy of Normandy and an old extra copy of Kuban I'd forgotten about for a give-a-way, plus a few collector planes gathering dust in my license keys. The Benevolent Society will be doing a give-a-way closer to the holidays as is BusDriver. Stay tuned.......

Now I need someone to program some funky deet deet da deet deet code as a primer!

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Now I need someone to program some funky deet deet da deet deet code as a primer!

You could always beatbox it for us.

• Haha 1

That’s it, I am out of here. Enough is enough. I have complained before about too many decisions to make on what to fly or drive on what map.

Nothing but headaches and stress up until now and you have just added more maps and flyables. 

Please accept my resignation and give me all my money back.

A Nonny Mouse.

Apart from the above bloody terrific choice you Lubberly Devs You..

9 hours ago, -IRRE-Genius said:

Ar 234 ? Whith so few in operation (2 during normandy operation) ???

"The last Luftwaffe inventory, on April 10, 1945, had 38 operational personnel: 12 bombers, 24 reconnaissance planes and 2 night fighters." (Wikipedia).

Hope now battle of france (Curtiss Hawk, Ms-410 - 109-E) and battle of brittain 😃 😜 

Bye

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of your quote, but according to Wikipedia, the operational strength of the the Luftwaffe on April 9, 1945 was 3,331 aircraft in total. That said, I agree that the Ar 234 is a really odd choice since barely over 200 were produced--and who knows how many of those were actually in operation. Bf 109 G-6 AS/ASM would be nice though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

These are the aircraft I'm most excited about honestly, they are completely different from the P-51 and P-47 we currently have. Different model, different performance and characteristics, different cockpit interiors, etc. They are a welcome addition and I can't wait to fly them.

Hope that P 47 comes without fragile wings a better DM and more durable engine.

• Upvote 4

I love everything IL-2 does. And own it all (except for Tanks, which may come as a Christmas gift). Anyway.... I'll be that guy who says I'm not phased until I'm flying a Wildcat over Guadalcanal. Or a Hellcat over Leyte Gulf. Or a Corsair over Okinawa. Yes, I have standards. Yes, I've grown extremely weary of all this German/Russian stuff. I'm an American, and I want to fight "Our War". :) Give me that and I'll shut the hell up.

6 minutes ago, KroatJG52 said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of your quote, but according to Wikipedia, the operational strength of the the Luftwaffe on April 9, 1945 was 3,331 aircraft in total. That said, I agree that the Ar 234 is a really odd choice since barely over 200 were produced--and who knows how many of those were actually in operation. Bf 109 G-6 AS/ASM would be nice though.

It is an interesting AC, it can't be exploited in the way the 262 can be on pure dogfight servers and it is a test bed for future jet tech and high(er) mach development in the game engine. It acutally makes a lot of sense from several perspectives. I do see your point as well, however. It should be fun to fly but I will ultimatley leave it in the hangar as I fly this sim for my piston power addiction. From a Dev perspective it has merit and still fits in the philosophy of "it was in theater (or adjacent) so let's include this interesting AC."

I'm hoping the Mossie will come in a pure bomber/recon version as that is my favorite of the type. The attack guys, however, should love her in the FB role.

1 hour ago, FurphyForum said:

Do 217 also has plenty to offer,  carrying Hs 293 - now that would be intriguing in the wpns mod to load and remote fly in an A-T-S ordnance. 

And they also fit time and map location for BoN (III.KG100) and attempted attacks on shipping and bridges.

This is all I could think about before Normandy was announced and I was hoping for the Med.

24 minutes ago, SCG_motoadve said:

Hope that P 47 comes without fragile wings a better DM and more durable engine.

You and me both, it's the only major disappointment with the P-47, the other problems with it are minor.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MercCrom175 said:

Like a per cylinder damage model....

That is like asking for a per digit injury model of the pilot's hands for physiology. I don't want my CPU calculating down to that level.

I can dig it and understand why if the main push this time is to overhaul and improve game accessibility, AI, and update the graphics.  This title keeps it simple and stable while the guts get fixed which isn't so simple.   Not likely the Pacific was going to be playable anyway approaching a fully fleshed out naval battle group or air wing with the AI in current form, can't even engage a populated battle group of ground vehicles as it stands now.

If they're willing to give it their best shot in reshaping and upgrading it, I can wait and give a thumbs up for whats in this set. 

52 minutes ago, KroatJG52 said:

Going off topic, I remember a mission in WT where they spammed way more of those things over a 10 minute period lol.

I do wonder if we'll still see the Meteor as a collector plane in future? It excelled at V1 operations and does fit, albeit in small numbers, the BoBP mp towards the end. Also more viable in MP going against 262's (I suspect the 262 has the upper hand).

Thanks to all who have jumped on the Normandy train today. A very busy, big day for the team. Back to the grind tomorrow. Please enjoy all that we already have to offer while we work on Normandy. Continue to spread the word about our IL-2 and keep the faith. Don't forget a big sale is going on!

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

Excited about the update, yes, would have preferred BOB or Midway but its all good.  The scary part is I was confident that they would have made the B-25 flyable as they did the Ju 52...  now we will have three AI medium bombers - ☹️

P.S.   Jason hasn't bought BON yet!!!  Scandal!!! 

Edited by WIS-Redcoat
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Thanks to all who have jumped on the Normandy train today. A very busy, big day for the team. Back to the grind tomorrow. Please enjoy all that we already have to offer while we work on Normandy. Continue to spread the word about our IL-2 and keep the faith. Don't forget a big sale is going on!

Jason

Very much looking forward to the Tiffy and Mossie! Makes me want to break out the Airfix 1/24 kits...Err someday lol.

I was hoping for the Pacific, but i would had been very surprise if they had decided to go PTO right now. They previously did Moscow, Stalingrad and Kuban and only one Western European theater expansion. If they had gone to the Pacific, they would had to do more than one. it would had been weird to go back and forth. People do enjoy career so it makes sense to me to work out a situation where you could conceivably had a full career. 

i do not get why people are complaining about the planes. How many different planes existed (especially with Germany)? You have only the variants for the most part unless you want Recon planes. I think people would still complain like they do with the inclusion of the Ju 52 and the U-2vs. The 4 engine bomber issue has been address many times and I am relatively new to the forum. 

BTW, someone made the comment that Europe would be more profitable than PTO... where did you get this nonsense from? What data are you basing this on? The Pacific is a well- known part of the war. Moreover, there are a lot of active posters who would welcome PTO in pre-release. To claim that it will not be profitable is plain nonsense. 

Personally, PTO is complicated. You are not just modeling planes, but ships. Moreover, you have to model damages to ships as well. It isn't just a building on water. 

Anyway, I am not surprise they went Europe and PTO would had been a shocking surprise. The Plane set is tppical, so I am not getting the complaints there either. The map does seem to open up a backdoor to Battle of Britain (which is very interesting). 

I won't preorder BON until some content come out primarily because I've just spent a lot of money getting what I have now. I am tapped out. I also have full intentions of getting FC and Tank Crew. 

2 hours ago, busdriver said:

I've gifted a couple of things over the last few holiday seasons, usually with some contest...for example posting a picture of my favorite actress...or a YT music or comedy video I would like. My gift...my rules.

You gifted me BOBP last year by contest.....Thank you so much again!

• Thanks 1

They will release the Pacific soon. I mean they do have the "Rising Flag" in the Axis group when you select which side your on...

If they release the Pacific

Midway and Guadacanal should be on the Top List, When they start working on it.

While I'm a huge fan of the IL-2 series and sad the Pacific theater setting wasn't announced after everything that WAS told to us in the past.... what in the actual **** is up with all the unplayable heavier aircraft like the B-26 and C-47? What is up with this trend? First it was the B-25 in Bodenplatte and now the C-47? I can understand the B-26 with the lack of flying ones, but lack of C-47's and B-25's...? Come on. Of all aircraft these two should have been playable!

Edited by MasterShake
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My goodness, what just happened there???

Before I knew it I had bought and paid for another 1C/777 title.  😁

All good, interesting map and some great additions to the aircraft stable on the Western Front side.  At the same time, I hope for continued development of details and AI and some under the hood love with Vulcan and newer render technologies without being tied to any specific companies obsolete GPU tech (cough PhysX, cough RTX cores).

Hopefully scalable as well pending on what CPU/GPU tech one has available, given that we are now entering the chiplet age for both CPU's and not too far down the track, GPU's.

Now where was I,  hmmm Razorbacks 

Griffon Spit, Mozzie, Tiffy, and more.... 👍

For all you "Mossie" lovers out there - here is some news that may come as a surprise to you. Don't hate me, I just the messenger... ;)

• Like 1

This is where my financial support to this series stops. 

I have been an idiot to gift out and buy all these products that I have no interest.  

This series won't go to PTO.  

good luck to the devs. 

• Haha 2

Wow! I'm pretty stoked with the plane set! I've been waiting and hoping for the for the 410 and now we'll have it. And it all fits right in with Bodenplatte and the map opens the door for early war operations. A wise choice devs!

It's really difficult to understand how someone could look at this map and lineup of aircraft and think "That's it, I'm out of here...."

We get some really amazing aircraft and maps that we can use from 1940 to 1944.  This is a GREAT decision!

• Upvote 20

I don't think new rendering tech will include a change in DX any time soon. I think it alludes to better graphics optimization for the moment, though, I do see a need to improve the engine to get more objects rendered and AI scripts handled for the longevity of the project somewhere down the road. I started an Other Topics thread on the subject of DX earlier today.

13 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

No Ju87 D-5  ???

Thats saaaad :umnik2:

agree that the Ju 87 would have been better than a slightly different Me109g-6 variant , as the Germans desperately need better bomber aircraft when competing with A-20s, Mosquitos, and Pe-2s. 

Of course, I’m quite happy there’s going to be updated Ju-88, Me-410, and....... Arado 234! 

Also... Mossie and Typhoon and P-51B/C!! 

What’s not to like, this is awesome!

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1