Jason_Williams

Yak-9, 9T and Hurricane Pre-Orders and BOBP and FC News About Steam and more...

Maybe these 3 new collector planes will get a 4k Resolution Cockpit? That would be cool @Jason if your Dev Team would do 4k Cockpits from now on.....also for the upcoming Battle of Normandy planes. Just dreaming hahah…..please make it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

The pics of the Yaks look like the same Yak. I know a couple of pics are labeled as Yak-9T but they still show the radio mast of the Yak-9. I wonder if they will have the 45mm cannon option for the T as well. I have been waiting a long time for the Yak-9s. I am glad they are coming now instead of earlier so they will get the newer high polly models and default 4k texturing. It will be nice to see how a Soviet plane looks with the higher default details level.

NS-45 (НС-45) cannon was in Yak-9K (K=крупнокалиберный=large caliber)

1 minute ago, Brano said:

NS-45 (НС-45) cannon was in Yak-9K (K=крупнокалиберный=large caliber)

But were there any other differences? We have planes already that turn from one model into another depending on what modifications are selected.

• Upvote 1

From outside, only significant feature was muzzle brake of the cannon. Internally,there were some changes in number of fuel tanks, ammo counter for cannon, separate electric triggers for cannon and UBS on stick, manual water radiator control instead of electrical, manual fixation of tail wheel instead of automatic one connected with pedals, armored glass in windshield and also behind pilot seat and others.

Edit: ...and it was 1944 plane, first series for army use was built between April-June 1944 (53 pcs)

Edited by Brano
info
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Brano said:

only significant feature was muzzle brake of the cannon

Most significant is the cockpit moved 0.4 m (1 ft 3 in) back.

Cockpit was moved by 40cm already on Yak-9T.

3 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Maybe these 3 new collector planes will get a 4k Resolution Cockpit? That would be cool @Jason if your Dev Team would do 4k Cockpits from now on.....also for the upcoming Battle of Normandy planes. Just dreaming hahah…..please make it.

I have released all the textures of the cockpits so users can experiment with 4K cockpits more easily. It's a lot of work to take advantage of that extra canvas and we are always short on time. 

Jason

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Thanks Jason for answering. You and your Team are working hard and improving the Great Battle series really very much and try to make the best possible, I and many others appreciate very much and are thankful.

• Upvote 1

Just purchased the Yak 9. Yak 9T later on, maybe. An expanded Pokhorovka Map to 200x200Km with north sector included would have had me settled on buying it. Or some map where it was historically used...

3 minutes ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Just purchased the Yak 9. Yak 9T later on, maybe. An expanded Pokhorovka Map to 200x200Km with north sector included would have had me settled on buying it. Or some map where it was historically used...

You can use it on Kuban map, it (Yak-9T) was used historicly there, but just after the period they are depicting in their BoK career from what i can understand. 

Reeeeeaaaaallllllyyy looking forward to the Hurricane, I was under the impression it was just gonna be a Russian lend lease one but (not to get my hopes to high) I'll be happy with anything thats given if you pick ideas from the shop description like the disclaimer says....because I'd really like a Hurricane with 2 40mm crumpet launchers XD

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Southernbear said:

I was under the impression it was just gonna be a Russian lend lease one

It will be a Mk IIb... lend lease, be sure. 

Is it though?...because they make no mention of ShvaK 20mms and rather they talk about all the british mods, 12x 303., 4 x 20mm Hispano, 2x 250 or 40mm ect

On 11/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Pilots,

The Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane are now available for Pre-Order. Also, we have information about BOBP and FC on Steam and other news about our products in our webstore.

Jason

Its great to see those planes getting a chance to get into the game.

But seen from a mission maker and a multi-engine standpoint, it saddens me that that these get priority over a flyable allied transport plane, like the Lisunov Li-2.

Or a an axis counterpart to the Po-2, like the Fieseler Storch.

The game already have plenty of combat aircraft's and especially single-engine fighters.

• Upvote 3

We do need another transport so that both sides have the options for those kind of missions and campaigns.

However, you can never have enough combat aircraft, c'mon!

• Upvote 1

Most people seem to fly fighters or attack.  I have sometimes had bugs on the bomber side of PWCG forever and I wonder how the hell did nobody notice this?  If I screw up fighters or attack  I get told about it pretty quickly :) .

To flesh out the plane set  I think AI only bombers are fine, as long as there are some fully realized planes for bomber pilots on each side to actually fly.  Getting at least one late war western allied bomber in the as flyable is important, as is the C47.  But after that AI only is much better than nothing.  IMHO same could be applied to two seaters in FC. 

Biggest issue there is the current 1C sales model, which acts as an anchor on that sort of development.  I would happily pay for a map and some AI only planes, but many here would not share that opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see a lot of comments along the lines of 'why are getting this instead of that', and in cases where the developers have to choose, that might be relevant... but this here seems like a case of 'why not have both?'. I don't see  the development of the Hurricane plus 2 yaks really diverting from the other development possibilities. The yaks are going to take at least a good headstart from the existing models and accumulated knowledge of the FMs, and the Hurricane should be even easier to develop since is a veteran of flight sims, an airplane about which a lot is known already.

I am not exactly saying I  think it is 'easy' to create those 3 planes, but for sure they require only the fraction of the effort and time to develop than, say, the B26 alone. So i don't see them as veering off course, more like taking a little more time to develop more content with a reduced effort, before taking a deep breath and diving into the next project. So in that sense I think they are very welcome. 

• Upvote 2

Modelling an aircraft with only a small cockpit for one person is always going to be a faster and most cost efficient process than modelling several stations, some quite large with space for multiple people, for a less popular type of aircraft. Fighters are a safe bet and at the very least the Yak-9T and Hurricane will double up as nimble strike aircraft

I suspect the Ju-52 didn't do very well and kinda put them off from making more large aircraft as collectors

Most of my gaming time used to be with US board war games. And some of the same problems are affecting that hobby as combat flight sims: non-growing (or even shrinking) buyer base for a field of companies that had expanded broadly in the 1990s-2000s. What's been happening in that hobby is rising prices, products no longer sold in brick and mortar stores or major on-line retailers (which leads to an ever shrinking fan base), pre-ordering systems that sometimes fail to deliver or fail to deliver in a reasonable time, and product that isn't fully developed before release (well, that was a problem previously, too).

One surety: if they had the assets to develop what the customers want to pay for, they would develop the product and sell it. Lack of product for sale isn't a plot to keep you out of your favorite plane, it is a lack of resources to develop your favorite plane right now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Most people seem to fly fighters or attack.  I have sometimes had bugs on the bomber side of PWCG forever and I wonder how the hell did nobody notice this?  If I screw up fighters or attack  I get told about it pretty quickly :) .

To flesh out the plane set  I think AI only bombers are fine, as long as there are some fully realized planes for bomber pilots on each side to actually fly.  Getting at least one late war western allied bomber in the as flyable is important, as is the C47.  But after that AI only is much better than nothing.  IMHO same could be applied to two seaters in FC. 

Biggest issue there is the current 1C sales model, which acts as an anchor on that sort of development.  I would happily pay for a map and some AI only planes, but many here would not share that opinion.

I'd support that sales model, never enough maps and other immersion goodies!

However not having one flyable medium bomber per side is big drawback imo, medium bombers masks lack of heavies and provide somewhat general feel of ww2 and "great battles".

C47 surely would be nice but not before B25/26 which i'm sure would be top seller, and more successful in sales than many fighters.

That cockpit and having a  copilot would be something different than we have now and immersion ecstasy.

My imagionary friend would become virtual🤪😜

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Southernbear said:

Is it though?...because they make no mention of ShvaK 20mms and rather they talk about all the british mods, 12x 303., 4 x 20mm Hispano, 2x 250 or 40mm ect

One of early pictures show it with vvs guns, so it will be full of differant modifications i expect for west and east fronts use. When they ae doing it why not do all at once, iia iib iic iid, hurribomber version of them and vvs mods

d7e0b8b60a1d89bea435ce547b7c2e0d22d6370d

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, von_Michelstamm said:

do I have to purchase these planes in order to fly against them in QMB?

No, you can shot them down for free!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

On 12/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, Flynco said:

Yak 9 first series is very ugly, make please version U or yak 3

battle of berlin i hope! along with G-10 

Question about the Hurricane... I pre-ordered, but the IL2 Hurricane order is lacking in details. can someone on the development team tell me if it's coming with all 3 variants? 12 mgs? 4 20mm cannons? 2 40mm cannons? Or are we only getting one variant? Thanks.

Just now, onlyforbrian said:

Question about the Hurricane... I pre-ordered, but the IL2 Hurricane order is lacking in details. can someone on the development team tell me if it's coming with all 3 variants? 12 mgs? 4 20mm cannons? 2 40mm cannons? Or are we only getting one variant? I know the description said the Hurricane was built in 3 variants, but it didn't say if we're getting all 3 variants.Thanks.

10 hours ago, onlyforbrian said:

Question about the Hurricane... I pre-ordered, but the IL2 Hurricane order is lacking in details. can someone on the development team tell me if it's coming with all 3 variants? 12 mgs? 4 20mm cannons? 2 40mm cannons? Or are we only getting one variant? Thanks.

We'll get some of them in TFS 5.0 "Tobruk"... so I'm actually most interested in the VVS variants (including lightened fighters with only 2xUB or 4xUB in the wings... and the overloaded Sturmovik with 2xShVAK, 2xUB, 4x0.303, RS-82 and bombs)!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, Avimimus said:

We'll get some of them in TFS 5.0 "Tobruk"... so I'm actually most interested in the VVS variants (including lightened fighters with only 2xUB or 4xUB in the wings... and the overloaded Sturmovik with 2xShVAK, 2xUB, 4x0.303, RS-82 and bombs)!

cool, thanks

Q. Jason what order will the planes for BON be released?

A. This is the proposed order in the schedule, but I warn you that it will likely change, some may finish early and some may take longer then planned. Also, dates will shift so I'm not going to assign any dates to them. They will be released as soon as they are ready.

Yak-9/ 9T

P-47D-22

Hurricane Mk. IIb/c/d

C-47 (AI)

Fw-190 A-6

Spitfire Mk. XIV

Typhoon Mk.Ib

P-51B/C

Bf-190 G-6 (Late)

Ju-88 C-6a

B-26 (AI)

Mosquito FB Mk.VI

Me-410

Ar-234

V-1

I guess that this answers the questions on what variants we are getting for the Hurricane. Plus that Russian variant as seen in the screenshots.

Was hoping for the C personally so thumbs up.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1

Correct me If Im wrong but Yak9 is faster and considerably less maneuverable than Yak1b? At least accroding to the specs and from the mouth of soviet ace Pokryshkin.

Also Yak9 had 1x 12,7mm UBS MG instead of 2x 7,62mm ShKAS MG's. Cannon on both was 1x 20mm ShVAK.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

??? First iterations of Yak9 were faster at 4k but slower on the deck . Had a tighter turn and climbed a bit better than the yak 1b, though marginally. He might have been refering to another yak 9 variant. 

All in all there isn't ba lot of difference between them and also I thought the armament was the same.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

??? First iterations of Yak9 were faster at 4k but slower on the deck . Had a tighter turn and climbed a bit better than the yak 1b, though marginally. He might have been refering to another yak 9 variant. 

All in all there isn't ba lot of difference between them and also I thought the armament was the same.

Thats what i see also, i got yak-9t when they anounced them, will wait to see what comes with Yak-9 to see if its worth having as i already have Yak-1B.

CloD has had the Hurri for a long time with a very nicely done cockpit , but I am looking forward to viewing GB's innards with VR-should be very nifty indeed!

aagiphy.gif

Ballpark idea of when the Hurricane will be released? 

Edited by Blitzen
added info

I just preordered Yak9T as my way of saying thanks for fixing stutters. Im now able to play the game again. 👍