namhee2

I get Morse sign !!!!

I had a dreadful thought for a second. 

Morse has something to do with the Navy, right? Even if it was used by airforces, it's mainly a thing associated with the navy. 

What, if the announcement is about a ship simulation? Oh noooooo! ;)

Fingers crossed for the pacific! 

• Like 1

If they were to do a navy sim it would most likely be in conjunction with and not to the inclusion of a Pacific campaign. I pretty sure it is a Pacific addition based on the Morse code, but is that what they want us to think. 😏

If they are hinting us towards a Pacific theater with the morse code and it's turning out to be another European theater, I can't imagine the frustration this will cause in vast parts of the community. 

While I'm fine with another western Europe theater, after the hint with the morse code, it has better to be the pacific. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Isn’t morse code a fairly universal thing, though?

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

That announcement was a year and half ago. To my knowledge, there have not been any announcement regarding North Africa. 

There has been plenty of announcements regarding NA and 5.0. They will always be in the Cliffs of Dover section of this forum. 

• Thanks 1

I hope it's Italy First, I want the Pacific too but I'd rather them flesh out the Western front a bit more for a possible TAW that's not exclusively the eastern front.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

it is already the 26th here; what time zone and time of day do they normally make announcements? 

Moscow local time (UTC/GMT +3). I´m pretty sure either 12:00 or 17:00. That is 1 or 6 hours from now.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Wonderful poster!!!!

Yeah it's really cool...

but the camouflage and roundels are from 1944, overall Sea Blue with a star & bar which would then make it an SBD-5. Even the roundel between the title letters SBD & 3 is the earlier than Midway roundel with the "meatball" in it.

So yes the art work is sound, but it's historically way off.

Long while since I looked at it, but iirc some of the roundels used at the battle of Midway were over large for id purposes and known as the "Midway star", white star on a blue circle, no bar & no meatball. And iirc further, this was also done for the battle of the Coral Sea, but these were the "meatball stars". Also the Midway time frame camouflage for the USN was Blue Grey over Light Gull Grey.  No doubt there are plenty of USN WWII experts would will confirm this one way or another :) 

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

5 hours ago, Pict said:

Yeah it's really cool...

but the camouflage and roundels are from 1944, overall Sea Blue with a star & bar which would then make it an SBD-5. Even the roundel between the title letters SBD & 3 is the earlier than Midway roundel with the "meatball" in it.

So yes the art work is sound, but it's historically way off.

Long while since I looked at it, but iirc some of the roundels used at the battle of Midway were over large for id purposes and known as the "Midway star", white star on a blue circle, no bar & no meatball. And iirc further, this was also done for the battle of the Coral Sea, but these were the "meatball stars". Also the Midway time frame camouflage for the USN was Blue Grey over Light Gull Grey.  No doubt there are plenty of USN WWII experts would will confirm this one way or another :) 

LOL you critiquing a spoof. 🤨

• Haha 2

Yeah same here, downloading now.

I think the big announcement is yet to come. Lots of goodness today.

4 minutes ago, dburne said:

Hmm has the code changed now?

FURTHER FORECAST - SHOWERS IN THE NORTH, FAIR WITH BROKEN CLOUD IN THE SOUTH. GALE WARNING IN OPERATION FOR DISTRICTS 7, 8, 13 A, 13 B, 17 AND 18 AT TIME OF ISSUE 0800 SUNDAY

• Thanks 2

I believe its the countdown to Pearl Harbour. Full announcement on the anniversary. Great piece of marketing @JVW!

The plot thickens!
What aircraft were in the skies at D-day that we don't already have?
Ones that spring to mind would be Typhoon, C47 and Lancaster

4 minutes ago, J5_Spyboy said:

I believe its the countdown to Pearl Harbour. Full announcement on the anniversary. Great piece of marketing @JVW!

I don't think could handle going through this that many days LOL.

Honestly I don't even care what we get! Every aircraft and map they make is always outstanding!
This is an excellent way to build hype!
Getting an English channel map would be cool though! I wanna bomb my house :P

1 minute ago, Utopioneer said:

Are you guys sure? I'm getting:

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

They've found the next clue! DRINK THE OVALTINE!!

It's a D-Day. So we are landing, ladies and gentlemen. Maybe not on a carrier deck yet. But still.👍