Jump to content
namhee2

I get Morse sign !!!!

Recommended Posts

Found on Wikipedia:

 

November 26, 1941 (Wednesday)

 

-  Chūichi Nagumo's aircraft carrier strike force headed for Pearl Harbor with the understanding that should "negotiations with the United States reach a successful conclusion, the task force will immediately put about and return to the homeland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sure it's not this one... 1944 – World War II: Germany begins V-1 and V-2 attacks on Antwerp, Belgium?

But if you must have Hawaii how about this... 1778 – In the Hawaiian Islands, Captain James Cook becomes the first European to visit Maui?

 

This one sticks in my mind as I saw it fly by... 2003 – The Concorde makes its final flight, over Bristol, England.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing devil's advocate - there is a North African connection to that date (first U.S. vs German tank battle(Tunisia))...and also Winter War connection (false flag) as well... 🤣

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, No.322_Red_Cat said:

You sure it's not this one... 1944 – World War II: Germany begins V-1 and V-2 attacks on Antwerp, Belgium?

But if you must have Hawaii how about this... 1778 – In the Hawaiian Islands, Captain James Cook becomes the first European to visit Maui?

 

This one sticks in my mind as I saw it fly by... 2003 – The Concorde makes its final flight, over Bristol, England.

 

November 26, 1942 – Casablanca premieres in New York City.

409px-CasablancaPoster-Gold.jpg

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Siegfried said:

I have that too. It's a virus?

It says "HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED"

There is a new half life coming out, though not 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My $s on the PTO

I dont know why - its silly if u consider my logic they used morse everywhere - but the morse 'feels' PTO

Theyve expressed this desire to do it

we've been expecting a big release

this is such a unique way to do it - I dont think this method would be used to say, announce Berlin.  A whole new side of the war? I think so.

Of all the dates that could be connected, a tank battle has so little with an air release its pointless, the V1s and V2s in Antwerp..  I dont see, we're already flying over Antwerp daily!

the PTO though... Id wager money on it.. (hint ;) )

ONE other possibility -  they may announce 4 engined bombers, a 4 engined bomber release, or something game changing like that

maybe the new release is Il2-RTO "Experience the sheer tension and terror as you sit at your post, radioing in all clear messages every fifteen minutes, waiting and watching, to speedily radio in any contrails you see!"  "The drama of the invisible war of radio waves brought to your home!" "Electrifying!"

I also see the morse code message playing on every new page quicky becoming the most maddening thing in the world.  1C was wise to wait until the night before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 26th 1941 the Japanese navy left port bound for Peral Harbor. Just saying, don't know if it means anything.

Edited by Ghost666
Left out a word
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason did say a dogs age ago that the whole reason for the BoBP expansion was to buy them more time for a Pacific expansion.

 

So if you wanted to go off of the original "plan", the Pacific could be next. But plans change so...

Edited by Motherbrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlitzPig_EL said:

kbPIod.jpg

 

I'll take that Wildcat, thanks.

Pah. Heresy.

I never even knew you did I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

 

November 26, 1942 – Casablanca premieres in New York City.

409px-CasablancaPoster-Gold.jpg

 

Taking Ingrid Bergman on a night flight from Casablanca to Lisbon in a Lockheed Electra is a game I would sure play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would really dig it. Especislly if they made a point of developing working flyable 4 engines as a major series development.

I just dont think N Africa is likely *at all*

Im not hoping it doesnt happen, just dont see it 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i  think its a more modern thing as the black friday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, raaaid said:

i  think its a more modern thing as the black friday

This is the most unique idea Ive heard.

Tell me more. How modern do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I just dont think N Africa is likely *at all* Im not hoping it doesnt happen, just dont see it 😕

 

The developers of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover have dibs on Battle of Britain and North Africa theaters as far as I'm aware so those two are off the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah confirmed.

 

”FLASH ALL PILOTS STAND BY FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 26 NOVEMBER”

 

Interesting to note here - warships sent messages back and forth via Morse code through the use of signal lamps during the war as well. Not that I’m adding any fuel to the fire here for the PTO...cough...cough...

Edited by BornToBattle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BornToBattle said:

Yeah confirmed.

 

”FLASH ALL PILOTS STAND BY FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 26 NOVEMBER”

 

Interesting to note here - warships sent messages back and forth via Morse code through the use of signal lamps during the war as well. Not that I’m adding any fuel to the fire here for the PTO...cough...cough...

Yeah. Im sure its pto

7 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

 

The developers of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover have dibs on Battle of Britain and North Africa theaters as far as I'm aware so those two are off the table.

That settles that. Thise arent happening. I dont know much about whose controlling CLoD but theyre not impressing me. Dishesrtening. Thanks though thats important. This also makes france very unlikely. (1940)

Way I see it it could be

Fc 2 (unlikely imo bc the advertising scheme)

Berlin (possible.. Collectors planes support it.. I dont see it though)

Italy (dont see it. Id like it. Indeed I secretly hope they either make 4 engines and do western europe right or go away)

Korea dont see it. Sorry fans but I hope not. If the KPAF hadnt died so quick Id like it. But Id want to fight in my F82 and not water mule.columns.

PTO my bet

Bagration i guess theoretically as possible as Berlin. Ironicslly it with Berlin would make a lot of sense. I dont think they are going ti do another east front title though

Sooo my guess pto

And booo make 4 engine planes. Lets stop leaving half the airplanes around out of the story. Hell half the airplanes in game wouldnt even exist without the 4 envines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stummyhurt said:

it would be pretty cool to be a lonely zero 30,000 ft above japan fighting b 29's 

ki61.jpg

 

That's a Ki-61Hien. 😉 But yes I agree. That would be cool.

Edited by Motherbrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7FA03376-05DD-4FEE-9AB4-B5F39811EE0C.jpeg
 

Yeah, watch it be “We have to decided to relinquish all rights over to Hasbro games.”

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

 

The developers of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover have dibs on Battle of Britain and North Africa theaters as far as I'm aware so those two are off the table.

I still think it's silly that a mod team of an almost decade old game, that has been working on North Africa for how long, with almost nothing to show for it at the moment, has "dibs"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Guinea theater would be sweet. Bismarck Sea anyone ? 

B3D57814-5D4B-4E3E-B116-399B17F7E6C1.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine tea time in Moscow. If Jason intends to make the announcement like before then maybe around midday PST?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motherbrain said:

 

The developers of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover have dibs on Battle of Britain and North Africa theaters as far as I'm aware so those two are off the table.

Well not the Mediterranean? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

Well not the Mediterranean? 

 

No I don't think so. I cant remember off the top of my head if 777 studios actually has an official deal with Team Fusion, but what I've heard is there is a mutual understanding that Team Fusion is working on a North Africa mod for Cliffs of Dover Blitz so... We just assume 777 aren't going to do one as well.

 

As for Il-2 Great Battles, I think a Mediterranean expansion is one of the more likely things they might do. Since (so I am told), getting data on Italian planes would be relatively easy. Especially compared to Japanese planes. So it might happen some day.

 

mc200_painting_3.thumb.jpg.aa40460fc30e011e4f437f46e935f118.jpg

 

@SOLIDKREATE Made my heart skip a beat for a second. Curse you. That looks great. 😄

 

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool way to generate some excitement for an upcoming announcement. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motherbrain said:

 

No I don't think so. I cant remember off the top of my head if 777 studios actually has an official deal with Team Fusion, but what I've heard is there is a mutual understanding that Team Fusion is working on a North Africa mod for Cliffs of Dover Blitz so... We just assume 777 aren't going to do one as well.

 

As for Il-2 Great Battles, I think a Mediterranean expansion is one of the more likely things they might do. Since (so I am told), getting data on Italian planes would be relatively easy. Especially compared to Japanese planes. So it might happen some day.

 

mc200_painting_3.thumb.jpg.aa40460fc30e011e4f437f46e935f118.jpg

 

@SOLIDKREATE Made my heart skip a beat for a second. Curse you. That looks great. 😄

 

 

1CGS has an agreement with Team Fusion.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Original Design By Me)

 

Let get that Pacific Hype going!

 

17545468_10206700381067153_486847842152260976_o.jpg.97fae94b745cac984cb57e1d824c9fa8.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenSound said:

I still think it's silly that a mod team of an almost decade old game, that has been working on North Africa for how long, with almost nothing to show for it at the moment, has "dibs"


I’d hardly call this “nothing”.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...