GreenSound

Morse Code saying Important Announcement 2nd of December? (Actually 26th of Nov.)

If they cant do the Pacific they need to just flat out say in a pinned, official post " we're never doing it, beacuse data and game engine and market and reasons, we are sorry, this is final" and just end all debate and speculation.

But they havent anounced squat yet and the day is still young. We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, technically:

- A new patch with dive recovery systems & improved AI (the latter is a huge thing - work on issues that go back to RoF)!

- The winter sale now has a couple of new aircraft in the collector plane section ;)

Normandy does good things for me plane-set wise. We could have a P-47 Razorback, Typhoon, Mosquito. On the axis side, the pickings are slimmer but there are some variants of 109 or 190 still available, and some late versions of the Ju-88.

In terms of operations, people have to think beyond D-day. The breakout from the beaches, the battle for Caen, the Falaise pocket...

Heck you could even model 1942 channel battles on the normandy map. Spit Vbs, Hurricane Mk. II and RAF A-20 vs. 109G2, 110G2 and 190A-3.  

• Like 1

there is a new audio after the 2nd morse code its 1944 it seems

3 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

If they cant do the Pacific they need to just flat out say in a pinned, official post " we're never doing it, beacuse data and game engine and market and reasons, we are sorry, this is final" and just end all debate and speculation.

But they havent anounced squat yet and the day is still young. We will just have to wait and see.

This may be a reach, but some of the ship operations for the Normandy invasions could be a bit of a test bed for implementing large fleets in the engine. Or the Battle of Normandy could be the last one we see in this engine, before major improvements can be made to make it able to handle the Pacific. With the map improvements and some plane-set commonality in place from Bodenplatte, they may be able to push out Battle of Normandy with less technical challenges and start tandem work on engine improvements.

Called it, it's Normandy. Little disappointed it wasn't PTO or Med, but it's still interesting enough for me. And I'm honestly still stoked about some of the potential aircraft.

Edited by ShadowStalker887
  • Like 1

Just now, RedKestrel said:

This may be a reach, but some of the ship operations for the Normandy invasions could be a bit of a test bed for implementing large fleets in the engine. Or the Battle of Normandy could be the last one we see in this engine, before major improvements can be made to make it able to handle the Pacific. With the map improvements and some plane-set commonality in place from Bodenplatte, they may be able to push out Battle of Normandy with less technical challenges and start tandem work on engine improvements.

New audio confirms D-day. This probably puts the nail in the coffin for the pacific with this engine

Gonna be good anyway. People want Pacific, me also, but it's hard.

After all the most important thing is quality of the sim.

As long as the devs maintain current level every air campaign they model will be successfull, Pacific, Normandy, Spain, France, Italy, Africa you name it.

Edited by Bies

Was hoping for italy 43-44 if not pto, mostly because of interesting map area, normandy was my 3rd choice so its all ok, now to see what airplanes they plan to have. Its safe option for them to do and probably easy to gather all documantation needed, and on top you can use map with existing planse from other DLCs from 1941-42 probably for all kined of missions.

oh snap: everything you could ask for (exept maybe do-217 squized in somwhere in future :) )

Battle of Normandy Plane-set: 

P-51 B/C
P-47D “Razorback”
Typhoon Mk.Ib
Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI
Spifire Mk.XIV (Collector Plane)
C-47 Dakota (AI)
B-26 Marauder (AI)

Bf-109 G-6 “Late”
Fw-190 A-6
Ju-88 C-6a
Me-410
Ar-234 (Collector Plane)
V-1 Buzz Bomb (AI) 

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 minutes ago, TheWarsimmer said:

New audio confirms D-day. This probably puts the nail in the coffin for the pacific with this engine

not really, maybe they'll just make 3 western Europe releases and then move to a new theater? just like with the eastern front

The morse code is now replaced by a speach.

I think we'll get D-Day, and that's fine for me.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

14 minutes ago, dburne said:

The new code may be just to throw us off a little, who knows lol.

first message didnt say anything about pto, just that anouncment is on 26th, we only tied it to pto because of date(maybe they picked that day by accidante maybe not), other messages say whole story, so its more likely d-day

Edited by 77.CountZero

Let me translate that for you: they are telling us it's not going to be Pearl Harbor or Operation Overlord.

So it must be... :

27 minutes ago, =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98 said:

Normandy also means C-47 ))))

Papua & New Guinea 1942/43 means C-47 - jumping over the Owen Stanley Range while evading nasty Ki-43 or dropping paratroopers over Nadzab. :happy:

-----------------------------------------------------------

11 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

Honestly: It's way too late for something like that. I wouldn't be able to accept it.

4 minutes ago, SAG said:

not really, maybe they'll just make 3 western Europe releases and then move to a new theater? just like with the eastern front

It's possible, but they've said the engine is extremely dated, that they can't model 4 engine planes etc... a new one will be coming. Opening with PTO would be a good way to build excitement. In any case, glad to see them marching along.

Pre-Ordered Normandy!

Yeah I would rather have seen PTO, but I will still support and very much enjoy Normandy I am sure.

I found the message in the book The Forecast for D-Day: And the Weatherman Behind Ike's Greatest Gamble

• Like 1

Just now, TheWarsimmer said:

I think its clear the engine behind the game is getting tapped out with large map sizes and lots of AI. Serious improvements under the hood would be necessary to deal with Carrier battle groups and realistic anti-ship attacks in a carrier battle context, like Midway or the Coral Sea. I think if they had proceeded with a pacific battle with the state of the AI and engine as it is today, it would have been disappointing to many, or simply have too many performance requirements for most players. 

At some point the engine will need updating or just straight up rebuilding. Battle of Normandy looks like they won't need to do nearly as much intensive work to get the planes together as for Bodenplatte - nearly all the planes are variants of what we've seen before. And they have spoken previously on the Bodenplatte map having new tools available to allow faster map builds, which may enable them to put Normandy together faster.

So its possible this will be a shorter development cycle, or coincide with a serious overhaul of the engine to produce something capable of moving past land-based tactical air wars into naval or strategic operations. It certainly looks like there are less hurdles to Normandy than there were for Bodenplatte (jet engines, map size, lots of completely new planes, etc.).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I think its clear the engine behind the game is getting tapped out with large map sizes and lots of AI. Serious improvements under the hood would be necessary to deal with Carrier battle groups and realistic anti-ship attacks in a carrier battle context, like Midway or the Coral Sea. I think if they had proceeded with a pacific battle with the state of the AI and engine as it is today, it would have been disappointing to many, or simply have too many performance requirements for most players. 

At some point the engine will need updating or just straight up rebuilding. Battle of Normandy looks like they won't need to do nearly as much intensive work to get the planes together as for Bodenplatte - nearly all the planes are variants of what we've seen before. And they have spoken previously on the Bodenplatte map having new tools available to allow faster map builds, which may enable them to put Normandy together faster.

So its possible this will be a shorter development cycle, or coincide with a serious overhaul of the engine to produce something capable of moving past land-based tactical air wars into naval or strategic operations. It certainly looks like there are less hurdles to Normandy than there were for Bodenplatte (jet engines, map size, lots of completely new planes, etc.).

I've got to agree with you here. Probably a good choice in the end. When the new engine comes, PTO would be the perfect introduction, and we might even get some 4 engine bombers (b17).

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Morse code. Good job decoding it. I really wanted to see if you guys would detect the change to the weather forecast message.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Morse code. Good job decoding it. I really wanted to see if you guys would detect the change to the weather forecast message.

Jason

:good:

It was very cool and a unique way to build up to the big announcement!

Certainly it kept me tied to my PC.

I must say this Normandy pack made me happy. 
a dream comming through for a ground pounder like me. 
Tiffie, Mossie, ju 88 a6 , ME 410 and the Arado. 
This is for sure a payback for what I did not get in Bobp. 
I guess next pack will bring a Havoc A 20 G and flyable B25. 
I am good, I did not expect PTO, was afraid of Korea. So this is a winner for me

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Absolutely loved it, and to my shame didn't detect the change. :)

9 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

download.jpeg

lol that is bloody hilarious!! The only reason I don't like the TF agreement is:

1. TF are still using the old engine which needs to die. (I read somewhere they've been given the new engine but who knows)

2. this is stopping 1C from actually doing the BoB/BoF and North Africa. 

Actually, imo BoN means curtains for both PTO and Italy since at least two more titles could be made on Normandy map and the rest of the community presses really hard for Eastern Front `45 (my next pick).

But I think the best news there is, is that we got another new title in the works!:drinks:

Edited by Mac_Messer

5 minutes ago, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

lol that is bloody hilarious!! The only reason I don't like the TF agreement is:

1. TF are still using the old engine which needs to die. (I read somewhere they've been given the new engine but who knows)

2. this is stopping 1C from actually doing the BoB/BoF and North Africa. 

As far as I'm aware, if there is any sort of formal agreement between TF and the IL-2 GB developers regarding who can do what and where, it has never been made public. Accordingly I'd take any statement in this regard not coming directly from the developers with a pinch of salt.  Much of what has been said on this seems to be speculation repeated endlessly until it becomes 'fact' for people who want to believe it.

As for TF being given the new engine, I've not heard that before, but it seems exceedingly unlikely, given that the whole point of the TD/1C agreement was to give TD access to CloD source code. 

all I've mentioned above is what I've read on here so yes pinch of salt definitely. However my point still remains - 1C needs to redo the BoB themselves. The last time I flew on the BoB map, the ground textures were horrible so I quit and uninstalled it. What I really wish TF could focus on (this is just my wish) is development of new maps! eg. Crete, Malta, North Africa, etc. We could then use the plane sets to match. 

1 hour ago, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

TF are still using the old engine which needs to die. 

At least it doesn't die when you put more than 20 AI bombers in the air like BoX one :rolleyes: