SYN_Vander

"Kaiserschlacht" - Flying Circus Mini campaign

Hi guys,

I have uploaded the campaign with the skins to Content Downloader (You can find it in the third party tools).
Let me know the author list for the skin pack so I will add the credits in the download description.

Thanks for yet another scripted campaign. I am sure I will enjoy playing it :)

• Like 1

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I have IL2 BOS downloaded from Steam and Flying Circus downloaded from the website.  Would my main folder be the steam IL2 folder or the 1C folder under program files?

I can only launch Flying Circus from the Il2 launcher that was downloaded when I bought it, it doesn't show up when I launch from Steam, if that matters.

Edited by robeweise

38 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Hi guys,

I have uploaded the campaign with the skins to Content Downloader (You can find it in the third party tools).
Let me know the author list for the skin pack so I will add the credits in the download description.

Thanks for yet another scripted campaign. I am sure I will enjoy playing it :)

Thanks. There is a readme file in the skins zip file with full credits.

27 minutes ago, robeweise said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I have IL2 BOS downloaded from Steam and Flying Circus downloaded from the website.  Would my main folder be the steam IL2 folder or the 1C folder under program files?

I can only launch Flying Circus from the Il2 launcher that was downloaded when I bought it, it doesn't show up when I launch from Steam, if that matters.

I’m assuming it is in Steam/steamapps/common/<IL 2 directory> or something???

I'll try putting everything in the Steam folder and see if it shows up.  Thanks for doing this!

Thank You a lot,

I'll try it Tomorrow! It will be Great Christmas truce for both side ! ;)

😍

xmastruce.jpg?resize=865,452&quality=65

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and very good New Year 2020 to everyone also!

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for this gift !

I just finished the first 2 kaizerschlacht missions and wow 

This is how FC must be immersive and full of actions.

And in VR FC is just in cre di ble !

Merry christmas to all of you !

• Like 1

Thank you guys for making this! Just started it tonight. A wonderful Christmas gift!! 😊 Once again a big thanks to everyone involved.

3rd mission, Camel attack on enemy aerodrome, my Camels flight did not droped the bombs nor did strafed hostile targets on the aerodrome, they were just circling under heavy AA. I was hit and landed, they just went back with bombs.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

Thank you very much for these campaigns! Finally, something to play with in FC (considering lack of career and people on the servers).

Just one request: please think about setting all or most AI to Ace level - even with recent changes they are still too easy to bring down. It kinda ruins the immersion, when player shoots down six airplanes in the very first mission (others survive just because player's ammo runs out).

19 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

3rd mission, Camel attack on enemy aerodrome, my Camels flight did not droped the bombs nor did strafed hostile targets on the aerodrome, they were just circling under heavy AA. I was hit and landed, they just went back with bombs.

Thanks. Must have set the waypoint too low or something. Could you order the AI to attack ground targets?

12 hours ago, Dornil said:

Thank you very much for these campaigns! Finally, something to play with in FC (considering lack of career and people on the servers).

Just one request: please think about setting all or most AI to Ace level - even with recent changes they are still too easy to bring down. It kinda ruins the immersion, when player shoots down six airplanes in the very first mission (others survive just because player's ammo runs out).

I agree with AI being too easy. They are more entertaining now, but not very good. I avoided AI on "low" as they were too dumb to even run their (rotary) engine :).

Now it's a mix of regular, high and some ace. I can change everything to ace, but what if the next AI update suddenly makes all ace AI super sharp shooters? I guess best to go for a mix of high and ace for now.

Mix of high and ace should do OK, but regular should definitely go away. IMHO, of course.

Thank you so much for this campaign and so easy to install for me WW1  seems to be neglected by 777 compaired to WW2.

First thing I’ll do wen I get home will be to install your mini-campaign.Many thanks!

Thank’s @Vander for your 2 mini Campaign 😎

happy New year 2020 and more Campaign for IL2 Flying Circus 

aplushhhsss

Thank’s @Vander for your 2 mini Campaign!

Happy New year 2020 and many more Campaigns for IL2 Flying Circus

Just one minor comment, might be better to add 2K skins for the next Campaign or mini-Campaign.
After reviewing and viewing 2K skins versus 4K skins, it seem's that the only thing visible between them are the file size!
If you want, I can replace them with 2K size and do a new skin package for those that are ok with 2K skins.

Thanks again for a great job!

Cheers,
Gen

Thanks for your efforts and the call-out SYN_Vander, but my contribution was negligible.  S!

This is brilliant!

Thank you so much!  Happy New Year!

Finished both sides of the mini campaign and I was enthralled with the whole thing.  This was top notch stuff and really sets up a nice feel for Flying Circus.  I have been a long standing RoF offline player and I'm now finding it rather difficult to go back to it after experiencing these missions.  Hoping for more in the future!!

Glad you enjoyed it Donik.

I’ve looked at the mission editor. Simple missions are quite straight forward but campaigns like this are on another level. Vander and Haash’s missions are excellent and they deserve all the thanks they get.

Rise of Flight used to be my favourite, but like you, after flying Flying Circus I find it hard to go back. Let’s hope the devs continue to support it, giving the mission makers more planes, maps and seasons to work with.

Thanks again for yours and others feedback.

• Like 1

I flew the first mission and ... you got yourself a fan!!! 😋

(but my arm hurts from pushing the stick forward in the Fokker DR1 to keep level flight ....) 🙃

We really need the curves for every plane like in ROF.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

Thanks so very much for making these!!! If you need voiceover work i would be happy to help. Also you need a tip jar. I would donate to your projects. :)

Just finished this one, most enjoyable indeed. It took me three goes to get through Mission 5 but I got a couple of kills there when I did.

Thanks very much for all the hard work - appreciated. :salute:

:drinks:

This mini campaign is the absolute dogs bollocks........... its brilliant!

Tried the English side and didn't fair too well, trying to do it all myself kept getting me shot down! So I switched to the German side am doing much better with 15 kills and 4 missions in! 

It's really great!

Loving it! 

Posted (edited)

Just took a break from my FW190-A3 BoS carrer, which is going fine, and decided to purchase FC vol 1... To support the devs...  Just for that reason... Cause essentially, I'm a SP player and I knew the SP content was just not there, except for this campaign. Kudos to you, @SYN_Vander,  I' m really enjoying this so far. You did one hell of a good job !!

Edited by Beurling
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
On 12/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, YoYo said:

Ok, the set of Jasta 4 for "Kaiserschlacht" - Flying Circus Mini campaign is ready (3 different skins).

Here is the preview.

@SYN_Vander I'll send You a link im PM. 

lZXj3tVh.jpg

rF1B88Lm.jpg KbiyDt2m.jpg

UZGMWpdm.jpg SqdF4xBm.jpg

phJZoO1h.jpg

GlAGJyEm.jpg SCmyIIJm.jpg

z8C8BdJm.jpg 5TLUGO1m.jpg

2BHYV4wh.jpg

dHVSQF0m.jpg tL6UjE8m.jpg

Q1OqdVum.jpg 0CIg9Ihm.jpg

Regards! :salute:

Wonderful!
YoYo could You release it?

Edited by Hunter_Joker

On 3/10/2020 at 4:16 PM, Hunter_Joker said:

Wonderful!
YoYo could You release it?

It is part of this campaign (skin's part), just download it. :)

• Like 1

Half-way through. On the 2nd mission, we were supposed to be covering a group of three volunteers, while they destroy an observation baloon. We got into a dogfight over the NML on our way there. The fight took about 5 minutes, while the Pfalzes continued on their way. Then my Dr1s re-grouped and headed after the trio. We found them close to the baloon, but only saw them flying around it in wide circles at about 1000m, the baloon dragged down to about 500m. After 5 more minutes or so, they decided to RTB, without even trying to attack it. So I dove in and destroyed the bloody baloon myself. When we were approaching the baloon, I saw flak and AA shooting at the Pfalzes, but suddenly it stopped, while they were still circling. When I dove in, there was no gunfire to fend me off at all.

Otherwise it's very good, the sunrise in 3rd mission was epic. 🙂

If try to play the campaign with the language selector with my native language (Spanish) I cannot see any text in the briefing and the name of the missions are wrong. If I change the language to English everything is ok. Can you fix this issue?

I don't expect you translate the briefing but something must be wrong in the spanish files.

Anyway, thanks for this campaign!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Roberbond said:

If try to play the campaign with the language selector with my native language (Spanish) I cannot see any text in the briefing and the name of the missions are wrong. If I change the language to English everything is ok. Can you fix this issue?

I don't expect you translate the briefing but something must be wrong in the spanish files.

You can fix this yourself. Just copy and paste the content of the english localisation files into the spanish ones. You can find them in your mission folder, where you installed the campaign. The localisation files have the same name as the missions and every language has its own ending. SPA = spanish ENG= english. Use notepad to copy and paste the content. Don't forget to save your changes.

You can even translate the briefings and upload them here for other spanish members.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Roberbond said:

Hi, thanks for reporting. Indeed all other language files except English are incorrect. We'll add it to our bug list and fix this (meaning all other languages will also see English description, but at least better than nothing).

On 3/13/2020 at 11:13 AM, J2_Jakob said:

Half-way through. On the 2nd mission, we were supposed to be covering a group of three volunteers, while they destroy an observation baloon. We got into a dogfight over the NML on our way there. The fight took about 5 minutes, while the Pfalzes continued on their way. Then my Dr1s re-grouped and headed after the trio. We found them close to the baloon, but only saw them flying around it in wide circles at about 1000m, the baloon dragged down to about 500m. After 5 more minutes or so, they decided to RTB, without even trying to attack it. So I dove in and destroyed the bloody baloon myself. When we were approaching the baloon, I saw flak and AA shooting at the Pfalzes, but suddenly it stopped, while they were still circling. When I dove in, there was no gunfire to fend me off at all.

Otherwise it's very good, the sunrise in 3rd mission was epic. 🙂

Thanks. I'll check, but this could be a generic IL2 issue. Is it perhaps possible that the Pfalz's destroyed the machine guns?

Edited by SYN_Vander

22 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Is it perhaps possible that the Pfalz's destroyed the machine guns?

No. They didn't dive all the way to the deck to do so. They stayed at ~1000 meters. I was watching them circle in this altitude while the AA/AAA was shooting at them. When my flight got closer, the AA/AAA stopped (was not shooting at my flight and was not shooting at Pfalzes either), Pfalzes still circled for a while and then flew straight East. As if 1000m was their hard deck. I was diving very steeply on the baloon, saw all the gun placements right below me, no gunfire.

Any way to make these Co-op?   I have all the PWCG things,  but would like this Coop if poosible.   Total lack of good coop stuff out there.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:52 AM, DD_Mobius_One said:

Any way to make these Co-op?   I have all the PWCG things,  but would like this Coop if poosible.   Total lack of good coop stuff out there.

Yes, that would be quite simple to do. Open the mission in the editor and then look for groups that are called "Blue flight" and "Red flight". Select the planes in these groups, then open Advanced Properties and tick "Cooperative start". Then make sure you save the mission with mission type " Cooperative" in the correct folder: "... \data\multiplayer\cooperative\

Be aware the mission description is only for one side (either allied or axis) so you may only want to change those planes to cooperative starts.