Sign in to follow this  
Novice-Flyer

Will there be droppable fuel tanks in a coming update?

I’ll just shorten it to a few things.

1. The devs stated that they plan to add them. (Announcement of BoBP, TC, etc.)

2. After the BoB, the Luftwaffe started carrying droppable fuel tanks, probably over Eastern Front as well.

3. The Rhineland map and future Pacific battles would better suit the need for them.

4. They are in almost every other WW2 combat flight sim like IL-2 1946 (Including PF and FB), CFS3, and planned for Team Fusion 5.0

5. Planes carry bombs under the fuselage and wings, so why not add droppable fuel tanks.

I hope that in a coming update, the next one or the one after, that this could be implemented into IL-2 Great Battles.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I think they are supposed to come with a total fuel management rework

That said, the only aircraft that don't easily traverse all the way to the target and back are things like the I-16 which I don't think could carry tanks

6 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

I think they are supposed to come with a total fuel management rework

That said, the only aircraft that don't easily traverse all the way to the target and back are things like the I-16 which I don't think could carry tanks

It could actually :)

i16_29.jpg

Fuel tanks are still coming so far as I know. But they will come alongside an overhaul of the fuel management system.

Just now, ShamrockOneFive said:

i16_29.jpg

Fuel tanks are still coming so far as I know. But they will come alongside an overhaul of the fuel management system.

Well now I feel like a fool. Those would be so incredibly useful for the Moscow campaign

2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

See your own point 1. ? 

This

3 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

How will the fuel management system be overhauled? What else will be different?

6 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

See your own point 1. ? 

😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

We're still waiting for the option to not fire the 7.92mm Mg-17 with the 30mm Mk-103 on the Hs-129 though... I know the devs are well-intentioned... but when (or if) they'll fulfil those intentions is always dependent on resources and other things competing for their intention.

5 hours ago, GreenSound said:

How will the fuel management system be overhauled? What else will be different?

We don't know exactly what they plan but I'm sure it's a deeper system. So selectable fuel switches per aircraft, possibly fuel transfers between tanks, etc. But there are a lot of different areas that interact including the damage model, AI, and of course a long list of aircraft to go through of which many have different systems to take into account.

Knowing the team, they will do it like they did the pilot physiology. Allow the basic version of the system to exist in-sim until they have time to do a much deeper dive into things. When they do... it'll be really excellent. In the meantime, we wait!

2 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

and of course a long list of aircraft to go through of which many have different systems to take into account.

That is not that much of an issue. Half of them are 109s, with just one fuel tank.:biggrin:

On 11/24/2019 at 11:48 PM, cardboard_killer said:

My a/c is always burning before I make it far enough to worry about fuel. :)

This

so far I just have 20% fuel. Never had to worry about a returnflight