Sign in to follow this  
56RAF_Talisman

Teaming up - Entente

21 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Entente (Allies) really need to get their sh*t together.  Central (Huns and stuff) are well represented, and will stuff the opposition with team co-ordination.  Entente, will be stomped all over, as appears to be happening, unless they start teaming up and speaking to one another. It might not be 100% kosher, voice comm's, but you can't stand in the way of progress.

Even though I'm not the most talkative of chaps I've still tried hanging out on the Discord channel, looked at the TS channel as well, to try and encourage others.

I was up on Thursday and, as stated in previous posts, sat on the BoS official TS3 channel, but no one came on channel :(

I saw you were flying too, but I fly VR and my chat, along with other on-screen clutter, is turned off.  No one came on channel, so I logged out after an hour or so.

Perhaps the Jast 5 ts3 communications room would be a better option if they are willing to let a few guests in on the Entente side.

Happy landings,

Talisman

16 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

I was up on Thursday and, as stated in previous posts, sat on the BoS official TS3 channel, but no one came on channel :(

I saw you were flying too, but I fly VR and my chat, along with other on-screen clutter, is turned off.  No one came on channel, so I logged out after an hour or so.

Perhaps the Jast 5 ts3 communications room would be a better option if they are willing to let a few guests in on the Entente side.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I fly VR as well, so no onscreen chat.  I did look at the TS channel but, apart from several central players nobody else was around, so I switched to Discord.  It must just have been a matter of timing.  Next Sunday I’ll hang out on the TS channel, I usually start playing about  8 - 8.30 GMT until about 11 pm.

58 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

I fly VR as well, so no onscreen chat.  I did look at the TS channel but, apart from several central players nobody else was around, so I switched to Discord.  It must just have been a matter of timing.  Next Sunday I’ll hang out on the TS channel, I usually start playing about  8 - 8.30 GMT until about 11 pm.

Sorry Hagar, but as I have said in previous posts I can't take part on a Sunday evening.  I will keep trying for the Thursday night drop in though.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 9:06 AM, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Always welcome on our TS or Discord channel Talisman.  There are channels for both Central and Entente pilots.

Edited by J5_Gamecock

16 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

Always welcome on our TS or Discord channel Talisman.  There are channels for both Central and Entente pilots.

Many thanks for your kind reply.  I am most grateful.  I will be up tonight for the Thursday night drop-in event and will be on the Entente channel.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Many thanks for your kind reply.  I am most grateful.  I will be up tonight for the Thursday night drop-in event and will be on the Entente channel.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Unfortunately, I can't usually make the Thursday night events, so I can't guarantee there will be anyone on. You are more than welcome to use it if you want to join up with someone however.

Edited by J5_Gamecock
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the encouraging responses. I just received my new Gladiator joystick today and finally purchased IL-2: FC. I'll spend the next few days getting adjusted to FC (from RoF), and will hopefully see you in the skies this Thursday Night Fly-In.

Talisman, I had been using New Wings TS server in the past, so voice comms should not be a problem.

Waggaz, I look forward to flying with you too -- I'll send you a DM about the squad soon.

Hagar and others, I hope to see you in the virtual skies as well.

S!

• Upvote 1

It's going to take time to get the Entente squads to match the Jastas, they've been together for a long time and most of us are just getting going and have not yet the numbers but we will.

Once we get all the squads set up with team speak or discord as well as training together we'll get there. We the 20th have a dedicated server for training and will add what ever it needs to  accommodate all the squads if you let us know what you need we can see what we can do.  

McGoun added a shooting range for the Bristol that has central planes on the ground and flying, you can also take a central plane and become a target for the sitting bristols, think he's adding the same for the central. I had fun last night flying over them with the halb cl2 and destroying them with the becker's. 

Same - I like the No. 20 practice missions and their TS is a good spot for the Thursday night missions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 56Sqn_Badger85 said:

Thank you all for the encouraging responses. I just received my new Gladiator joystick today and finally purchased IL-2: FC. I'll spend the next few days getting adjusted to FC (from RoF), and will hopefully see you in the skies this Thursday Night Fly-In.

Talisman, I had been using New Wings TS server in the past, so voice comms should not be a problem.

Waggaz, I look forward to flying with you too -- I'll send you a DM about the squad soon.

Hagar and others, I hope to see you in the virtual skies as well.

S!

Thanks Badger, great stuff!  I see you have your own No 56 Sqn radio channel on the New Wings TS3 server :)  I have found and bookmarked this server now. 

SE5a multiple aircraft sorties would be great, I just hope the time difference will allow me to get together with you.  I have flown with Waggaz before and managed to hook up with Hagar on Jast 5 TS3 last Thursday, so hope we can get something regular cooking soon.

Congratulations on your Gladiator joystick.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1