Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
56RAF_Talisman

Teaming up - Entente

Recommended Posts

Hello Folks,

 

I am posting to see if there is any chance of teaming up with some MP Flying Circus Entente pilots who either don't belong to a squad or might belong to a squad, but the other members are not interested in Flying Circus.

 

My situation is that I belong to an active squad flying IL-2 GB WWII at least twice a week as a group, but my squad mates are not interested in regular WWI FC flying.

 

Therefore, I am wondering if there are any FC pilots out there who might be interested in regularly meeting up on MP to fly FC as a casual group of flyers, without forming ourselves into a formal squadron.

 

I would like to be able to fly Entente aircraft with any like minded folks, ideally in line with the European time zone GMT/UTC, and am available during the evenings on Sat, Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri.  If anyone is interested, then perhaps we could organise ourselves as a casual group and agree to fly at least one evening a week and perhaps take part in any campaigns together; we could communicate through this thread and/or PM on this forum.  When flying, I am sure we could find a TS3 sever somewhere to meet up, perhaps the official BoS server?  

 

This is just a thought I have had to try and get some WWI flying in and perhaps get more of us flying together on group sorties to support FC.  If anyone else would like to make any suggestions in this regard I would be very interested indeed.  This might be a way of getting folks together who don't want to join a squad and it might enhance the FC community.   However, no problems if no one is interested, as this might not be a viable idea anyway.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GCF has made general - purpose Discord server for FC channel. J5 TS server also has more than enough capacity and likely could be used by guests on their server, the way NW TS is used by Entente pilots in RoG. Just agree on voice server and ask FC server operator to add information to mission description to let non aligned pilots find you.

 

Oh, and if you ever sees us J2s flying on same side you do, check our channel  RoF 1917 TS; the more voices the merrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would definitely be interested, I’m very much on the play when I can side of the spectrum but am trying to hit at least an hour or so on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Am UTC-0 and normally play from 2030-2200ish. I agree with the above that finding common voice comms would be a good start. I have the J5 TS setup but there is also a Discord server for Flugpark now which seems to be the most populated server normally. From a casual perspective just getting more people on voice would be a boon to self-organising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be interested, flew WW11 with a online community for a while. Just had a year out due to ageing parents needing all of my time.

 

Bought FC last year and only had limited time online but enjoying flying using VR. Some casual time with like minded pilots could be just what I am looking for until I am able to commit more time.

 

Let me know if you take this forward, I live in the UK and a retired coffin dodger so available most days.

Jailor.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to get a RFC_56 up and running back in the RoF days with Winged Warrior and a few others but it fizzled.

 

I think once the numbers come up and more people start playing I'll take another crack. In the meantime you're welcome to fly with me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO J5 should advertise their TS as to-go place as part of mission briefing. Or even overlay text when you spawn in a plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

IMO J5 should advertise their TS as to-go place

 

Would being listed on the server listing page (teamspeak) and parser info tab (discord) be sufficient? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FokkerFodder and I are meeting up on the official BoS ts3 server this evening 20.00 hrs GMT, so if anyone would like to join us please drop in.

 

Thursday at 20.00 GMT on the official BoS ts3 server is likely to be the best trial option for teaming up on a weekly basis for now.

 

P.S.

 

Thursday Fly-in will be on J5 Flugpark this week.

So we will most likely be flying this server.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, US213_Talbot said:

About 2000/2100 eastern time is when the North American Thursday night thing kicks off, jfyi. 

 

I think that is 02.00. hrs early Friday morning for me, LOL. 

 

Now I understand why I see so few folks flying on a Thursday evening over here.

 

Will give it a go at 20.00. hrs my local time anyway.

 

56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking perhaps there needs to be a euro night scheduled. 4pm thursday EAST USA is easier to make than 0200 for Europe. Maybe eventually we could get two "windows" of operations down the road?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

I was thinking perhaps there needs to be a euro night scheduled. 4pm thursday EAST USA is easier to make than 0200 for Europe. Maybe eventually we could get two "windows" of operations down the road?

 

Excellent idea. I've never actually had an opportunity to fly the Thursday Night Fly-in, as it's too late.

 

 

13 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

 

Would being listed on the server listing page (teamspeak) and parser info tab (discord) be sufficient? 😀

 

Nöpe. 24pt bold letters visible all the time throughout the mission please. 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great turn out tonight and a lot of fun flying wing with Talisman! One hun each and a near miss with Mr Jakob and the Drookmeister. Damn those DviiFs and their high alt performance!

 

I'm still keen to create no56 RFC as a spin off of 56sqn. Would love to pull Winged Warrior back out of retirement.

 

Next Thursday again chaps?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

I was thinking perhaps there needs to be a euro night scheduled. 4pm thursday EAST USA is easier to make than 0200 for Europe. Maybe eventually we could get two "windows" of operations down the road?


You and your ungodly French incendiary death machine stay off my lawn during Euro evening hours so I can bomb my little tanks in peace, dang it!

 

But yes, okay, fine! Next week it is.

 

Oh and happy Thanksgiving, ya bloody yanks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

I was thinking perhaps there needs to be a euro night scheduled. 4pm thursday EAST USA is easier to make than 0200 for Europe. Maybe eventually we could get two "windows" of operations down the road?

 

Think you're on to something there.

 

GMT 8pm-12

Eastern 8pm-12

 

That should only have a 1hr gap in-between. The transition period could be populated by early US starters, more Eastern Europeans, vampiric euros, and us asia-pac/ antipodeans skipping breakfast on a Friday morning.

 

Next Thursday?

 

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

 

Think you're on to something there.

 

GMT 8pm-12

Eastern 8pm-12

 

That should only have a 1hr gap in-between. The transition period could be populated by early US starters, more Eastern Europeans, vampiric euros, and us asia-pac/ antipodeans skipping breakfast on a Friday morning.

 

Next Thursday?

 

Out of upvotes for today. But I think this is a Great Idea! 😃👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been logging on anyway on Thursday on the assumption I’d catch the early wave so formalising it sounds great. Yesterday when I connected at 2030UTC there were already 20 people on Flugpark so convincing more to come along would be great.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, No56_Waggaz said:

Great turn out tonight and a lot of fun flying wing with Talisman! One hun each and a near miss with Mr Jakob and the Drookmeister. Damn those DviiFs and their high alt performance!

 

I'm still keen to create no56 RFC as a spin off of 56sqn. Would love to pull Winged Warrior back out of retirement.

 

Next Thursday again chaps?

 

You bet 👍 next Thursday.

 

Nice flying with you Waggaz.  

 

Lets go for a 56 RFC outfit folks, even if it's on a casual get together basis to start with.  So far there are two of us, me and Waggaz, so is anyone else willing to give it a try and meet up on a Thursday 20.00. hrs for a run out in the old square face (but beautiful) SE5a.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your spirit! Let’s do it. I’ll start tagging up. Next Thursday it is again. Great fun. 

 

Any other Entente flyers want to join?

 

Talisman - I wonder if the 56 sqd would allow us to be affiliated somehow?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Hello Folks,

 

I am posting to see if there is any chance of teaming up with some MP Flying Circus Entente pilots who either don't belong to a squad or might belong to a squad, but the other members are not interested in Flying Circus.

 

My situation is that I belong to an active squad flying IL-2 GB WWII at least twice a week as a group, but my squad mates are not interested in regular WWI FC flying.

 

Therefore, I am wondering if there are any FC pilots out there who might be interested in regularly meeting up on MP to fly FC as a casual group of flyers, without forming ourselves into a formal squadron

 

I would like to be able to fly Entente aircraft with any like minded folks, ideally in line with the European time zone GMT/UTC, and am available during the evenings on Sat, Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri.  If anyone is interested, then perhaps we could organise ourselves as a casual group and agree to fly at least one evening a week and perhaps take part in any campaigns together; we could communicate through this thread and/or PM on this forum.  When flying, I am sure we could find a TS3 sever somewhere to meet up, perhaps the official BoS server?  

 

This is just a thought I have had to try and get some WWI flying in and perhaps get more of us flying together on group sorties to support FC.  If anyone else would like to make any suggestions in this regard I would be very interested indeed.  This might be a way of getting folks together who don't want to join a squad and it might enhance the FC community.   However, no problems if no one is interested, as this might not be a viable idea anyway.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

Hi there is a discord channel called The Irregulars, i run the FC side, there are no squadrons, no  formal rules, no time tables, just come and go as you like. It has text channel to arrange fights or flights by just giving a shout out when interested in flying. Has 3 FC voice channels, one general , one axis, one allied. All are free to use this room.  

https://discord.gg/W9RV46p

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be punching holes in the virtual sky this evening for the Thursday night fly-in, European time zone :)

 

Meeting up with Waggaz on the official BoS ts3 server.

 

Happy for folks to join us if you can.

 

56RAF_Talisman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, No56_Waggaz said:

Sorry to miss you all! Family issues. This weekend?

 

I will try to make this evening.

 

56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm Alex ("Badger"), CO of No 56 (V) Sqn in Rise of Flight. In a previous thread on this topic, US93_Larner mentioned that I had been trying to develop this squadron up some months ago.

I haven't had success with this in the past couple of years. Real life has taken me away from RoF for months at a time. But I'm still hoping to accomplish this (now in FC). Now that my wife and I have settled down after moving from California to Iowa, I can devote some free/hobby time on a regular basis to IL-2/FC starting in January.

 

You can read more about the group that I have been trying to form on this website: www.56sqn.com. I will be updating the website soon with a revised vision for the group. Basically, it will be much more casual than intended before (no ranks, etc.), allow voice comms during combat, and only meet once a week (Thursday evenings) for otherwise busy folks.

For those that have begun to form a new 56 Squadron for FC, would you consider joining my existing No 56 (V) Sqn instead? I don't think my squadron conflicts with "56RAF" since I have only focused exclusively on WW1 flying and they seem to be mostly WW2 players.

 

If you instead want to continue with forming your own 56 Squadron as-is, that's cool with me too. If this is the case (and since at this point I've been away from the community for several months), though I would prefer not to do this, I would bow out and rebrand my squadron (no use having *three* different versions of No 56 Sqn).

 

Just let me know either way :)

S!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, 56Sqn_Badger85 said:

Hi, I'm Alex ("Badger"), CO of No 56 (V) Sqn in Rise of Flight. In a previous thread on this topic, US93_Larner mentioned that I had been trying to develop this squadron up some months ago.

I haven't had success with this in the past couple of years. Real life has taken me away from RoF for months at a time. But I'm still hoping to accomplish this (now in FC). Now that my wife and I have settled down after moving from California to Iowa, I can devote some free/hobby time on a regular basis to IL-2/FC starting in January.

 

You can read more about the group that I have been trying to form on this website: www.56sqn.com. I will be updating the website soon with a revised vision for the group. Basically, it will be much more casual than intended before (no ranks, etc.), allow voice comms during combat, and only meet once a week (Thursday evenings) for otherwise busy folks.

For those that have begun to form a new 56 Squadron for FC, would you consider joining my existing No 56 (V) Sqn instead? I don't think my squadron conflicts with "56RAF" since I have only focused exclusively on WW1 flying and they seem to be mostly WW2 players.

 

If you instead want to continue with forming your own 56 Squadron as-is, that's cool with me too. If this is the case (and since at this point I've been away from the community for several months), though I would prefer not to do this, I would bow out and rebrand my squadron (no use having *three* different versions of No 56 Sqn).

 

Just let me know either way :)

S!

 

Good luck Badger, I hope you manage to get a 56 Sqn outfit up and running for WW1 FC.  None of my squad (56RAF) seem to want to join me on FC, as they are well and truly wedded to their WW2 aircraft and Waggaz and I have had no success in attracting anyone from the wider community to join us to even informally get a regular SE5a outfit going.

 

I would like to guest fly with you if you do get a squad up and running, but as I live in Europe it is unlikely that my time zone flying will match yours in the good old USA.

 

Go for it Badger, we need a SE5a squad.  All the best to you.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

P.S.  Just viewed you web site.  Very good.  I like your WURD concept :)

I only use TS and won't entertain Discord, so me being on TS as well as the EU time zone means even less chance of a guest flight with you.  Never mind, I am a bit over the hill anyway, LOL.

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

 

Waggaz and I have had no success in attracting anyone from the wider community to join us to even informally get a regular SE5a outfit going.

FWIW I'll try to join you two on TS as I tend to bumble around in an SE5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, =CfC=FatherTed said:

FWIW I'll try to join you two on TS as I tend to bumble around in an SE5

 

Nice one Father Ted :)

 

We usually fly Thursday night for the 'drop in event' and sit on the BoS official TS3 server in the English speaking channel.

 

Hope to punch holes in the virtual sky with you in the New Year.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Badger! I'd be happy to team up and fly officially under your banner. I generally just team up with whichever pilots are flying Entente, but I've had some recent success teaming up with Talisman, Larner, and Redman.

 

Do you want to send me a direct message about the squad? I usually fly Thursday nights, but I'm in the UK along with Talisman so trying to align with you American folk could be tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made myself available on the J5 server last night (29/12/19) trying both Discord and TS but not a peep !!!!

 

Maybe you’re all trying to tell me something 😁. (I’m actually quite quiet and reserved, I’m told I do glower a lot though, I just say it’s deep thought, relative, which is why my brow is always so deeply farrowed, but then you can’t see that on a radio link so you wouldn’t have anything to worry about)

 

I don’t know how much of a force multiplier voice comes is but, Entente was seriously outgunned last night if it does ( I know it does, I just don’t know by how much). Both TS and Discord each had half a dozen members flying on the side of Central but, none from the Allies, apart from me, and tbh I can talk to myself as much as I want, whenever I want (apart from when my wife slaps me and tells me to stop mumbling to myself, OBVIOUSLY) without having to go onto Discord or TS.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Discord last night also Hagar. I was on my own to start with also. But GCF then came on, later departed onto another Discord in order to have Uriah wing up also (must have been before you jumped on).

 

Having comms last night with one or two others was great. I think it’s a great multiplier. Anytime I jump onto the server I will be hanging on the Discord.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Made myself available on the J5 server last night (29/12/19) trying both Discord and TS but not a peep !!!!

 

Maybe you’re all trying to tell me something 😁. (I’m actually quite quiet and reserved, I’m told I do glower a lot though, I just say it’s deep thought, relative, which is why my brow is always so deeply farrowed, but then you can’t see that on a radio link so you wouldn’t have anything to worry about)

 

I don’t know how much of a force multiplier voice comes is but, Entente was seriously outgunned last night if it does ( I know it does, I just don’t know by how much). Both TS and Discord each had half a dozen members flying on the side of Central but, none from the Allies, apart from me, and tbh I can talk to myself as much as I want, whenever I want (apart from when my wife slaps me and tells me to stop mumbling to myself, OBVIOUSLY) without having to go onto Discord or TS.

 

Sorry old chap, but as per above, we have been getting together on a Thursday around 20.00 hrs GMT on the BoS official TS3 server for the drop-in event, not Sunday evenings (I for one can't make a Sunday I am afraid).

Would you be available this Thursday 2nd January?

It would be great to get a SE5a gang up and running :)

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

P.S.  I don't touch Discord.  TS only.

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Entente (Allies) really need to get their sh*t together.  Central (Huns and stuff) are well represented, and will stuff the opposition with team co-ordination.  Entente, will be stomped all over, as appears to be happening, unless they start teaming up and speaking to one another. It might not be 100% kosher, voice comm's, but you can't stand in the way of progress.

Even though I'm not the most talkative of chaps I've still tried hanging out on the Discord channel, looked at the TS channel as well, to try and encourage others.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Entente (Allies) really need to get their sh*t together.  Central (Huns and stuff) are well represented, and will stuff the opposition with team co-ordination.  Entente, will be stomped all over, as appears to be happening, unless they start teaming up and speaking to one another. It might not be 100% kosher, voice comm's, but you can't stand in the way of progress.

Even though I'm not the most talkative of chaps I've still tried hanging out on the Discord channel, looked at the TS channel as well, to try and encourage others.


It's something of a long-standing problem that the Jastas outnumber the Entente Squadrons pretty badly! Just prior to FC's release I think US103 was the only Entente unit. Luckily No. 20 formed and we have SYN back, who typically fly Entente as far as I remember, but there are definitely enough solo camel pilots out there to form at least one RFC / RAF squadron! 

I've been wanting to see some more historical Entente squadrons for ages now ;)

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...