Sign in to follow this  
Frequent_Flyer

Mission Folders Not Showing in Game

Hello All,

Really enjoying the new map, planes etc. However I have an issue regarding folders not showing i game.

Prior to the update I have made sub-folders within the Main mission folder ,within the game folder i.e Luftwaffe- East, VVS  both of these show up " in game " as do all the missions stored there.. However, since the new release  I create a  " new folder ", but it does not show up " in game ". Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Did you make the new sub-folders in Windows Explorer rather than in the editor? You must create the sub-folders from within the editor for them to show up in game.

Correction: It appears that you must create a mission in the new folder for it to show up in-game, but you can create the folder in Windows Explorer.

Edited by JimTM

i most likely did not explain clearly. I make folders in : Windows(c)/Program files(X86)/IL-2 Sturmovic Battle of Moscow/data/missions

For Example I have a folder I made called Luftwaffe in it I store all missions I create in the ME where I fly as a Luftwaffe pilot. It shows up in when I select" Missions " than click on " Luftwaffe " and select  the name of a mission I want to fly.  Now when I make the "new folder" within the above referenced ....data/mission folder  the " new folder does not show up in game ?

32 minutes ago, Frequent_Flyer said:

i most likely did not explain clearly. I make folders in : Windows(c)/Program files(X86)/IL-2 Sturmovic Battle of Moscow/data/missions

For Example I have a folder I made called Luftwaffe in it I store all missions I create in the ME where I fly as a Luftwaffe pilot. It shows up in when I select" Missions " than click on " Luftwaffe " and select  the name of a mission I want to fly.  Now when I make the "new folder" within the above referenced ....data/mission folder  the " new folder does not show up in game ?

I'll assume that you made your folders in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and not in the editor when you saved a mission. Did you create any missions in the "new folder" that you created in Windows Explorer. If not, the folder will not show up.

Edited by JimTM

31 minutes ago, PilsnerPilot said:

I think if there is no mission stored in a folder, that folder is not visible in the game.

Pilsner, You are absolutely correct, thanks for the help. Moved a mission I am working on into the "new Folder" and it did show up in game.

32 minutes ago, JimTM said:

I'll assume that you made your folders in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and not in the editor when you saved a mission. Did you create any missions in the "new folder" that you created in Windows Explorer. If not, the folder will not show up.

Thank You for your follow up Jim. The " new folder " was empty. So it did not show up " in game ".

• Upvote 1