Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
US93_Larner

FC: Suggested Modifications & Planes

Recommended Posts

Evening, all! 

As we know, at the moment FC, in its current state, is (as intended) essentially a port of the Rise of Flight aircraft into the IL2 engine. However, with growing community numbers and interest I've been holding out hope that, at some point in the future, the Devs will turn some of their attention to introducing some new features, unique to FC! It's probably an effort in vain, but you don't know until you try, right?

Therefore, I think it would be very helpful to the Devs (should they decide to look further into FC) to create a unified community list of Aircraft, Modifications, and other features that we all agree upon! So, I've decided to compile a list, which will include the community's suggestions, as well as the number of upvotes received per suggestion, in the hopes of giving the Devs a list they can quickly and easily reference. As I've said before, I believe that the Devs and the Community must work together to make FC the successor we all want for Rise of Flight! I'll also try to include whatever data I can find about the suggestions made to further aid the developers, which will be included in spoilers directly below the listed suggestion. 

 

I'll start off by adding my own suggestions, as well as some of the other more popular community suggestions that I've noticed. I hope to hear all of yours! (Except you, Klug). 

 

P.S - if a plane / mod you were going to suggest is already on the list, put it in your comment anyway! That way we can get an idea of how many people would be interested.

 

(Note: Assuming other RoF aircraft will be included in later volumes of FC, I will not include planes that appear in RoF from the list of suggested aircraft)

Aircraft:

-Sopwith 7F.1 Snipe (4 Votes)

-Fokker D.VI (3 Votes)

-Siemens-Schuckert D.IV (3 Votes)

- Rumpler C.VII (or C.IV) (2 Votes)

- Pfalz D.XII (with 200hp Mercedes Engine) (3 Votes)

- Hannover Cl.IIIa (3 Votes)

- B.E.2e (2 Votes)

- Albatros C (2 Votes)

-Rumpler (Maybach 285hp) (1 Vote)

-Pfalz D.XIIf (Current RoF Pfalz XII) (1 Vote)

-LVG C.V / C.VI (2 Votes)

- SPAD XII (1 Vote)

-Early 2-seaters (Caudron, Farman, Voisin) (2 Votes)

-Short Type 184 + Working Torpedo (1 Vote)

-Salmson 2A2 (1 Vote)

 

 

Aircraft Modifications:

- Historically Modelled Heinecke Parachute (For all German Aircraft(1 Vote)

Spoiler

The Heinecke was the historical parachute used by German airmen in the Great War. Although it was known for having a poor success rate by modern standards, the Heinecke was known to have saved the lives of several German pilots - one of the most noticeable being Ernst Udet. 

 

The Heinecke was attached to the aircraft via a string which would act as a ripcord - one the pilot had jumped clear enough from the aircraft, the parachute would deploy itself. 

cs0fhIb.jpg

 

Weapon Modifications:

-2x 7mm Marlin M.Gs (for SPAD 13.C1(1 Vote)

Spoiler

NEmLYck.png

Y6aaLqm.png

 

Sources: 
1. Handbook of Aircraft Armament, Bureau of Aircraft Production, Air Service, U.S. Army,  August 1918.

 

 

Engine Modifications:

-180/200 HP Mercedes D.IIIaü (for Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII(6 Votes)

-110hp Le Rhone (For Sopwith Camel(4 Votes)

-220 HP Hispano-Suiza HS 8Bd / 8Be (for SPAD 13.C1(4 Votes)

 

 

 

Miscellaneous / Other Suggestions:

 

- career mode for the Arras sector (2 Votes)

- More unique Artillery Spotting / Reconnaissance gameplay features (2 Votes)

- more official default squadron skins for the FC planes (1 Vote)

- Spring/Winter/Summer variations for the Arras map (1 Vote)

- Points System for completed tasks (Recons, Arty, etc) (1 Vote)

 

 

 

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:

220 HP Hispano-Suiza HS 8Bd (for SPAD 13.C1)

This is the one we have in game.

However, the one you probably are referring to is the 235 HP SPAD 13.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

This is the one we have in game.

However, the one you probably are referring to is the 235 HP SPAD 13.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute: 

 

As far as I know, we have the Hispano-Suiza HS 8Ba, rated for 200hp but listed by Devs in RoF figures as 220hp, not the later 8Bwhich was higher compression and rated for 220hp but could achieve 235!  Correction: I believe the 8Be was the one that could achieve 235hp, but was rated for 220! 

Edited by US93_Larner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the 8Ba is listed in the book Hispano Suiza in Aeronautics as being rated 200hp at 2000rpm and having a max of 215hp at 2100rpm.  

The Hispano Suiza 8Be variants have nominally 223hp at 2000rpm and a max of 238hp at 2240rpm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent initiative!

 

For late war you can add the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV as well as the Fokker D.VI to the list of aircraft. Both were in (very) early development (plans) back when I was a RoF beta tester, but somehow never materialised.

 

In terms of engine variants, the Pfalz D.IIIa would also have had the 200hp by summer 1918, and the hopefully upcoming Pfalz D.XII should come with the 200hp Mercedes standard, and the 235hp BMW as an “f” variant.

 

A Sopwith Camel powered with the 110hp Le Rhone would also be welcome. It would perform identically to the current RoF Camel. That is: give it a top speed of 165km/h, same as the present Fokker Dr.I and Nieuport 17. Unless FM reviews happen for all 110hp Le Rhone / Oberursel machines which show us otherwise, though I believe that the present figures for the Nieuport 17 are correct. Another possible engine variant for the Camel would be the 120hp Le Rhone, currently found on the Hanriot HD.1. The Belgians would have used it and the 130hp Clerget interchangeably.

 

 

EDIT: Pfalz D.XIIf is with lowercase f.

 

EDIT 2: Note that the 110hp Oberursel Ur.II on the Fokker Dr.I and Fokker E.V/D.VIII likely produced closer to 120hp.

 

EDIT 3: Let's also not go down the Voltol-road and just consider factory figures for every engine.

Edited by J5_Hellbender
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aircrafts:

 

It would be great to have more port-overs from RoF in the game, like PD12, DH4, HP, Gotha, FD8. The Entente needs some regular bomber, just like the CP

------------------------

- LVG C.V/VI

- Hannover Cl.IIIa

- Rumpler C.VII (or C.IV)

- Snipe

- SSW D.IV

(some new possible planes for the 1918, of course only if there is will and money to create something new from scratch)

 

Maps

 

- Spring/Winter/Summer variations for the Arras map

- Maybe some front variation for the Arras sector?

 

Misc:

- career mode for the Arras sector

- more official default squadron skins for the FC planes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

Excellent initiative!

 

For late war you can add the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV as well as the Fokker D.VI to the list of aircraft. Both were in (very) early development (plans) back when I was a RoF beta tester, but somehow never materialised.

 

In terms of engine variants, the Pfalz D.IIIa would also have had the 200hp by summer 1918, and the hopefully upcoming Pfalz D.XII should come with the 200hp Mercedes standard, and the 235hp BMW as an “f” variant.

 

A Sopwith Camel powered with the 110hp Le Rhone would also be welcome. It would perform identically to the current RoF Camel. That is: give it a top speed of 165km/h, same as the present Fokker Dr.I and Nieuport 17. Unless FM reviews happen for all 110hp Le Rhone / Oberursel machines. Another possible engine variant for the Camel would be the 120hp Le Rhone, currently found on the Hanriot HD.1. The Belgians would have used it and the 130hp Clerget interchangeably.

 

 

EDIT: Pfalz D.XIIf is with lowercase f.

 

EDIT 2: Note that the 110hp Oberursel Ur.II on the Fokker Dr.I and Fokker E.V/D.VIII likely produced closer to 120hp.

 

EDIT 3: Let's also not go down the Voltol-road and just consider factory figures for every engine.

 

Ahhh.. what a wonderful addition that would make! (not sure how to model the fact that the engine broke often)...

 

Siemens-Schuckert D.III by GT Game de.vision

 

1 minute ago, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

Aircrafts:

 

It would be great to have more port-overs from RoF in the game, like PD12, DH4, HP, Gotha, FD8. The Entente needs some regular bomber, just like the CP

------------------------

- LVG C.V/VI

- Hannover Cl.IIIa

- Rumpler C.VII (or C.IV)

- Snipe

- SSW D.IV

(some new possible planes for the 1918, of course only if there is will and money to create something new from scratch)

 

Maps

 

- Spring/Winter/Summer variations for the Arras map

- Maybe some front variation for the Arras sector?

 

Misc:

- career mode for the Arras sector

- more official default squadron skins for the FC planes

 

Yes, there are many interesting German two-seaters that are more than welcome. The Rumpler being one of my favourites (for late war). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, US93_Larner said:

 

As far as I know, we have the Hispano-Suiza HS 8Ba, rated for 200hp but listed by Devs in RoF figures as 220hp, not the later 8Bwhich was higher compression and rated for 220hp but could achieve 235!  Correction: I believe the 8Be was the one that could achieve 235hp, but was rated for 220!

Ah, I see.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, US93_Larner said:


Therefore, I think it would be very helpful to the Devs (should they decide to look further into FC) to create a unified community list of Aircraft, Modifications, and other features that we all agree upon!

 

Translation:  Here's this week's wishlist.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collector planes : Snipe and a German plane not in RoF.

Currently the Dolph is the next best flexible option to the Camel. 

 

The Snipe alone would sell FC1 to many who haven't bitten yet. 

 

Would be a smart move from the devs. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, I think Snipe would be a big 'draw'...new collector planes would be great for old RoFers or other guys with a WW1 interest to tip them over to the FC side...

 

My only problem with the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV (apart from the fact that I'm an Entente pilot ;) ) is that it was produced in such few numbers. There have been one or two murmurings about how few D.VII Fs were built (about 750, apparently), and if it should be in-game for that reason....by comparison, only just over 100 SS D.IV's were built... 

That being said, the Snipe was produced in quite low numbers as well. 300-400ish, if memory serves...and even less Fok. D.VIs were built!! 

 

....but, the argument against that is the previously mentioned Pfalz D.XIIf, which appears in RoF (although it's referred to as just the 'Pfalz D.XII', of which only about 90 were built according to the records. 

I, for one, would love to see a really extensive plane list - but I'd prefer to have the most 'common' birds first and foremost! (And, of course, I'm aware that that's wishful thinking ;) ) 

Edited by US93_Larner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:

My only problem with the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV (apart from the fact that I'm an Entente pilot ;) ) is that it was produced in such few numbers. There have been one or two murmurings about how few D.VII Fs were built (about 750, apparently), and if it should be in-game for that reason....

 

When all is said and done, if we could have 1 thing and 1 thing only from that wIshLiSt, for me it would be the Fokker D.VII 200hp. The 1918 planeset does not make sense without it and we'll forever be stuck begging Central scout flyers to pick something that isn't a D.VIIF while still requiring to have the F available at all times to counter the Camel. The Fokker D.VII defined the final 6 months of the air war all by itself, and we just don't have its most common variant available right now.

 

All the rest are nice to haves but nowhere near as essential, including the 235hp SPAD (sorry 3rd USAS), the 200hp Albatros (sorry J5) and the Snipe/Siemens (sorry everyone else).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely feel a 1918 SPAD is essential...maybe not 235hp but defo a later Hispano model when talking 1918 scenarios! SPAD is in the same boat as regular D.VII at the moment...stuck on an early version when it should really be a later one! 

Edited by US93_Larner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J5_Hellbender said:

All the rest are nice to haves but nowhere near as essential, including the 235hp SPAD (sorry 3rd USAS), the 200hp Albatros (sorry J5) and the Snipe/Siemens (sorry everyone else).

A 8Ba engined SPAD XIII simply isn't a good representative of a USAS SPAD XIII simply due to the fact that likely all of the 893 SPAD XIII's ordered by the United States had the more powerful 8Be or 8BeC engines.  I would say that both the 200hp DVII and a 235hp SPAD are equally important in a more fleshed out 1918 scenario if we get one.

Edited by US93_Furlow
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything which can help with the DviiF vs Camel balance at the moment. I suppose the server admins could address by taking out those two planes (leaving a very good match up which worked well in RoF if I recall), but it's not the best solution. 200hp Fokker and 110hp Camel would be a great start.

 

Also, did anything come of the thread around the DviiF vs Spad dive? I've just read the Osprey book about the two planes which has quote from both German and American pilots both cursing and praising the Spad's ability to easily outdive the Fokker. I'm not having much luck employing that tactic in FC which makes the Spad a bit of a sitting duck now (again, pushing me back into the Camel).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the S.13 I could reach around 350 kph in a dive, while Fokker D.VII could reach around 320 kph (those numbers are from the RoF). Also, the S.7 was equally fast in a dive like the S.13.
Need to test it in the FC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The #1 modification should be engine mods, same as what we have with many WW2 aircraft. It would stop endless complaints about performance:

 

-110 HP Le Rhone for the Camel

-200 HP overcompressed Mercedes DIII engine for Fokker DVII and Albatros DVa

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FokkerFodder said:

Did anything come of the thread around the DviiF vs Spad dive? I've just read the Osprey book about the two planes which has quote from both German and American pilots both cursing and praising the Spad's ability to easily outdive the Fokker. I'm not having much luck employing that tactic in FC which makes the Spad a bit of a sitting duck now (again, pushing me back into the Camel).


Nothing yet. We have a chap in our unit who intends to make a more detailed post - which will include those quotes you mention! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a good idea to bring a Rumpler with a Maybach 285hp (perhaps a two variant engine). And the true D7 vanilla with its most popular engine. Some engine variants for the Albatros / Pfalz / Spad as well. That sort of thing.

 

To bring a Snipe or a SSW D.IV will only increase the problems we have with the current Camel / D7F duo. Before that, I think it would be good to enrich what we have with engine variants and bring some high performance recon planes for the German. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-200 HP overcompressed Mercedes DIII engine for Fokker DVII and Albatros DVa

-220 HP Hispano-Suiza HS 8Bd / 8Be

- career mode for the Arras sector

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the idea of the Snipe or SS D IV, maybe even the Fokker VIII.  The present Camel is strong enough (if the DR 1 is given a boost in a patch, that I wouldn't"t agree with, then that as well) to be an asymmetric match for the "f" but if we have the two extra, end of war, rotaries then it would basically make everything else obsolete , or a bit like having lot's of supercharged Camels running around in the present setup.  Yes they would be wonderful, but at the same time they would ruin the game.

 

Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing the Alb and Pflaz with the up rated engine, but only if the SE and Dolphin got some FM love because otherwise, given how the German kites fly, both British aircraft would find themselves as underdogs ( an enemy that's just as quick, but can turn better, or much better, in the case of the Pflaz).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the alb and pfalz are to forgiving you can jerk them to high AA like mad . What is not the case with entente , last Sunday at FIF we were fighting against  Pup which enter the spin and crashed letter with triplane which also spin and crashed. 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying Circus is like a wolf simulator without any sheep.

It needs some classic 2-seaters to fly, hunt and defend.  A mid-war BE2e and Re8, two kinds of DFW or an Albatros C type reconnaissance plane.

 

It also needs an attractive way of awarding pilots for recon and arty missions.  Particularly in MP.  This will get more people into recon aircraft more often and bring the gameplay and the scouts up to realistic altitudes.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I know little about planes outwith RoF, I do know that a Snipe would sell copies of FC. I don't think any engine / mg mods would.

Only 300-400 made. No probs, my server only hosts 33 !

 

If we are to assume that sales haven't yet reached record breaking performance, at this stage we should all be wishing for something that sells more copies of the game, not something that panders to our own personal engine preferences.

 

I expect we'd all pay £20 / piece for two new planes.

That might help secure a commitment to FC2, then we might see an engine variant or two if we're lucky, on top of the other million things we want.

I just don't see the devs spending much FC time on something that isn't going to increase sales at this time.

 

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Whilst I know little about planes outwith RoF, I do know that a Snipe would sell copies of FC. I don't think any engine / mg mods would.

Only 300-400 made. No probs, my server only hosts 33 !

 

If we are to assume that sales haven't yet reached record breaking performance, at this stage we should all be wishing for something that sells more copies of the game, not something that panders to our own personal engine preferences.

 

I expect we'd all pay £20 / piece for two new planes.

That might help secure a commitment to FC2, then we might see an engine variant or two if we're lucky, on top of the other million things we want.

I just don't see the devs spending much FC time on something that isn't going to increase sales at this time.

 

S!

 


I think including these aircraft would have the reverse effect, it would kill FC, as much as it would be wonderful to fly them.  It would be the same as paying to win and, at a stroke would make just about every other aircraft in FC irrelevant, making any purchase of the original FC plane set pointless when ever the Premium aircraft are let loose. Certainly they would sell, but long term I think the harvest would reap bitter fruit and might even kill off FC altogether, except for the Snipe and SS love in’s,  and that’s from someone who would love to see and fly either of the two aircraft.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:


I think including these aircraft would have the reverse effect, it would kill FC, as much as it would be wonderful to fly them.  It would be the same as paying to win and, at a stroke would make just about every other aircraft in FC irrelevant, making any purchase of the original FC plane set pointless when ever the Premium aircraft are let loose. Certainly they would sell, but long term I think the harvest would reap bitter fruit and might even kill off FC altogether, except for the Snipe and SS love in’s,  and that’s from someone who would love to see and fly either of the two aircraft.


I guess here you are assuming these planes will always be available in multiplayer? I hope mission creators/server admins will choose these planes only for certain specific scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough if the Snipe would be that uber. I agree with your pay-to-win sentiments.

 

However, the two biggest gripes about FC so far, according to my perception are :

1. Same content as RoF.

2. Lack of SP content.

 

So I suspect these are the two biggest things holding back potentially more sales.

Thus it wouldn't be a bad idea to encourage the devs along these lines, rather than say a 5km/h faster Spad at this moment in time.


S!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They know that only sells matters for future development, and cash flow from  single player, they can do something with all SP would love to do and can't find in ROF - play early era scout hunters , be Oswald , Max or Lanoe, hunt those old recon kites like coudrons, voisins, bleriots, sopwith, farmans and albatross, aviatiks  . Letter add piloting to those two-seaters plus more fighters and sell as separate multiplayer package.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's great that someone has come together who summarizes the wishes of the community and tries to push the developers in the right direction.

My 'yes' to all the models suggested above. Some of them already existed on Red Baron 3D.

The Siemens Schuckert D.IV I would be particularly interested. I could see these in the museum recently.

I really miss the right bombers, my beloved Gotha GV!

Sometimes I fly alone or together with J99*Falke on our RoF server just to fly Gotha once again and let it pop right.

The Albatros D.Va is no longer what she once was in RoF. The Pfalz D.III seems to be completely castrated. These planes are not fun anymore.

Likewise I miss a successor of the Recon, as in RoF.  In this context, an addition to the evaluation would be advisable. In the statistics only kills or destructions are recorded, but not the successful completion of tasks, such as the Recon.

That's what happened to me last evening. I have successfully completed a Recon and thus unlocked new targets. I settled in a Halberstadt and was also able to set the barge on fire. She would surely have sunk. Nevertheless, she has someone else finished. I was too late for the Convoy.

Recon 0 points

Bombing 0 points

Those who destroy stand as heroes with a thick point account and those who fulfill the tasks for targets to appear at all should do that for zero and nothing? Yesterday I left the server frustrated! I feel no desire to fly such missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would welcome the following aircraft:

 

Pfalz D.XII

RE.8

Sopwith Pup

 

Pushers:

DH.2

FE.2b

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishes summarized:

 

- Gotha G.V
- DFW C.V
- Siemens-Schuckert D.IV
- Rumpler C.VII
- Pfalz D.XII (with 200hp Mercedes Engine)
- Hannover Cl.IIIa

- Recon as well as Rise of Flight, but with scoring in the statistics
- and/or scoring system for successful task resolution, not just destruction and kills.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishes are basically the Entente aircraft that were available within Rise of Flight plus the Shorts 184 with working torpedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.a160030b66334c05e2ff8beef38cefd5.jpgIf they could please model this and port over E III so we can start from the beginning instead of the end that would be Awesome……………..and a VR dream come true.  Just like the first time in Red Baron 3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DirtyBiker said:

Untitled.jpg.a160030b66334c05e2ff8beef38cefd5.jpgIf they could please model this and port over E III so we can start from the beginning instead of the end that would be Awesome……………..and a VR dream come true.  Just like the first time in Red Baron 3D

Wouldn't it be better to do this one, Morane-Saulnier H, that way you can also have the Pfalz E1 with one model.

Morane-Saulnier-N-Reloading-1024x716.jpg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be better to do this one, Morane-Saulnier H, that way you can also have the Pfalz E1 with one model.


OK as long as its old, slow, and only one gun  I am good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...