ChronicTheBedHog

IR tracking problems with specific planes

Using a Delanclip with Opentrack. Been using it for a couple of months and it works perfectly with every plane I've tried except the LaGG-3 and both IL-2s. With the LaGG-3 it loads up facing backwards and with the IL-2s I'm offset by ~300mm to the right looking ~30 degrees off-centre. Resetting the view (F8 in opentrack) just resets it back to those positions. The only "fix" is to off-set my head in the opposite direction to what I start offset by and then reset the view, but this means my deadzones and mapping are all in the wrong place and its just unplayable. This bug carries through to all maps that I've tried.

Help would be appreciated!!

I use a homemade clip and OT and everything is fine in those planes for me. Could it be that the default view for those planes was inadvertently modified? If you just start IL2 w/o OT what view do you get in those planes? Something you could try, with OT operating, is toggle OT off, use the keypad to get back to a straight forward view and then press F10 to save that as the default. Toggle OT back on and see what happens. In the IL2/Data/Luascripts/snapviews folder you'll find the current view settings and a folder named "defaults" that contains the default view settings for each plane/vehicle.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This normally happens when for either unknown reasons or by pure bad luck a different "quickview centered" was saved for those planes - and there is no reset function.
You just have to set and sace the correct INGAME centered view manually ( move head, press F10 - reset viewpoint) or delete the coresponding file in the folder structure to "reset" the view to default (standard caveat disclaimer: at your own risk) - the files will basically recreate themselves when the game is launched again.

• program files(x86)\1C\Il2\data\LuaScripts\snapviews\lagg3s29.svc
  • program files(x86)\1C\Il2\data\LuaScripts\snapviews\il2m41.svc
  • program files(x86)\1C\Il2\data\LuaScripts\snapviews\<<the other 4 il2 files>>.svc

(or in the "steamapps" subfolders if game is run via Steam).

Notice: you should make sure all opentrack toggles are far away from native Il2 keybindings.. also the newer opentrack release do support joystick inputs for those toggles.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys - problem solved. Turning off Opentrack and then using the keyboard to get it to the proper position before pressing F10 has sorted it. Thank you both very much for your help!

• Like 1