No_85_Gramps

Coalition change for airfield blocks

Okay, I have a neutral airfield that depending on how events occur, becomes either German or American. Using the behavior command I have this working as expected. Is there a way to easily change the coalition for the airfield objects/blocks? I have figured out that in the properties window for the behavior command that I can double-click in the add object field and then double-click a block by ID number, but you have to add each block separately using this method. Is there a way to just change the blocks en masse?

It appears you still cannot Temuri. As a test I linked 4 of the airfield blocks to the behavior command which should have made them German. However, when I attacked those blocks I could destroy them but no kill confirmations received, so I'm assuming they remained neutral. It was worth a try though.

Can you hace 2 sets of blocks  for each coalation. The deactivate one set and activate the other set as and when the correct conditions are set

2 minutes ago, TP_Jacko said:

Can you hace 2 sets of blocks  for each coalation. The deactivate one set and activate the other set as and when the correct conditions are set

No. Doesn’t work.

Unfortunately, this was the same behavior I observed with things like bridges (I wanted to make a bridge capturable and change sides and stuff, sadly it didn't work). I get the impression blocks are a fairly static part of the missions, loaded into the map by server and client and only really updated with a damage bitmask during the course of the map. For example, the MCU Damage doesn't work against a block -- I was going to use that to destroy a whole town more cheaply than setting the damage bitmask on individual blocks, but the town blocks ignore the Damage MCU as far as I can tell.

Semi frustrating because if you want Cologne to look as it did at the end of the war (total rubble, apart from the cathedral) you have to use about 300KB of compressed .msnbin space devoted to just setting the damage on the city blocks.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 5:17 AM, Alonzo said:

the town blocks ignore the Damage MCU as far as I can tell.

Semi frustrating because if you want Cologne...

Might just be that town blocks for Rheinland have this bug. I've been able to use Damage: Complete on blocks successfully.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:17 AM, Alonzo said:

For example, the MCU Damage doesn't work against a block -- I was going to use that to destroy a whole town more cheaply than setting the damage bitmask on individual blocks, but the town blocks ignore the Damage MCU as far as I can tell.

If it works like on factory, (i didn't try on town), you have do a complete damage, and have to use it 2 or 3 times on the same block.

I discovered that when i want to delete factory in a mission, then i change for damage them, but i would like that we can delete them to random the target.

Edited by Habu

5 hours ago, Habu said:

If it works like on factory, (i didn't try on town), you have do a complete damage, and have to use it 2 or 3 times on the same block.

I discovered that when i want to delete factory in a mission, then i change for damage them, but i would like that we can delete them to random the target.

Hmmm. I might give this a try but I'm under time pressure to finish my current map. My technique at the moment:

• Select all blocks in a city.
  • Add damage level 128 to all blocks at once.
  • Save Mission.
  • Load Mission in text editor. Replace single line 128 = 1; with 
  • 1 = 1;
    2 = 1;
    3 = 1;
    [...]
    99 = 1;

Save file, reload in editor, enjoy destroyed blocks.

This makes the files bigger but it works nicely. I use Notepad++ with multi-line search and replace plugin.

Thanks, i'lll try that for another use.

But in the mission where i used that, i have a random objective which are hide ( if the player want to see them on the map, they have to recon them for bomber team), so i can't edit my mission once the game is running. 😉