IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner

Collector Planes Announcement (Delayed Release?)

Hey,

The previous thread was closed and it had drifted off topic. It was 11 pages long, so i was not going to through 10 pages to find the information. Anyway,...

It was announced a month ago. Was there any further announcement regarding the release of the new collector planes? 

[Please do not respond with anything off-topic,] 

38 minutes ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

Was there any further announcement regarding the release of the new collector planes?

This one is official. Everything else is pure speculation:

• Thanks 1

Release is not delayed because the release date was never promised :) .  If it was announced then work is in progress.  It generally takes several months to finish a plane.  The focus of the DDs is still the current set of releases.  FC was completed only a couple of weeks ago.  BoBP content is mostly done but some finishing touches might still be active.  TC is actively being worked and is probably going to be the focus for a few weeks.  Remember that FC and TC re totally different teams from the WWII Great Battles, so there is minimal disruption caused by these titles.

If I could peek into the 1C offices (and understand Russian :) ) I would probably be hearing a lot of planning going on.  Probably some arguing.  The modelers and FM guys would be doing their thing with the new planes.  Development would be supporting that effort.  To the extent that the core developers had any time they would be looking at core improvements (AI, performance, etc.), probably small, incremental ones, which eventually add up to "wow, look how far we've come!".

• Thanks 1

I am surprised the Hurricane and the Yaks have not been put up for pre-order yet, these three would appear to be a in house project and as such confirmed, a release date has not been announced and is not so important as knowing there is a commitment to those types which seems to be the case.  They are a sure way of taking income from the players and as we see from the image of the Hurricane it has obviously been in work for some time as it looks practically done apart from mapping and the flight model.

For others, the C-47 is the only one that seems to have gone off the radar, as that was supposed to be from a 3rd party, it, like the U-2, will just be released once/if it is completed and we pay for it then at release, for that there has not been any confirmation as to whether it is viable project and has been given the go ahead let alone a release date.

It would be interesting to know why 3rd party stuff cannot be pre-ordered, maybe some legal issues as 1C/777 would ultimately be left holding the baby so to speak if those partners pulled out at any time and would then have to deliver on them or pull them from the planned lists which would not be good for customer relations.

Collector aircraft are side projects essentially,  even when they are announced as part of a D.L.C. there is not any specific release date as such for any particular type as the development team allows itself a rather vague time scale for all releases, usually.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

I am surprised the Hurricane and the Yaks have not been put up for pre-order yet

I think Jason said he needs to decide how to charge Yak9 and 9T. (separate plane, how much etc).

7 hours ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

Oh I see, then nothing after the first post. Thanks!

I think it's a good idea to "follow" Jason on the forum for the best and most "official" answers.

2 hours ago, Missionbug said:

I am surprised the Hurricane and the Yaks have not been put up for pre-order yet, these three would appear to be a in house project and as such confirmed, a release date has not been announced and is not so important as knowing there is a commitment to those types which seems to be the case.  They are a sure way of taking income from the players and as we see from the image of the Hurricane it has obviously been in work for some time as it looks practically done apart from mapping and the flight model.

For others, the C-47 is the only one that seems to have gone off the radar, as that was supposed to be from a 3rd party, it, like the U-2, will just be released once/if it is completed and we pay for it then at release, for that there has not been any confirmation as to whether it is viable project and has been given the go ahead let alone a release date.

It would be interesting to know why 3rd party stuff cannot be pre-ordered, maybe some legal issues as 1C/777 would ultimately be left holding the baby so to speak if those partners pulled out at any time and would then have to deliver on them or pull them from the planned lists which would not be good for customer relations.

Collector aircraft are side projects essentially,  even when they are announced as part of a D.L.C. there is not any specific release date as such for any particular type as the development team allows itself a rather vague time scale for all releases, usually.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

For the third party planes, I think you're right. 1C has less control over the development of those planes, so even if the other other developer hits the deadline, if the delivery is subpar or doesn't work well with the sim things may be delayed. If the project fails completely then 1C has to either refund pre-orders or commit to fixing it themselves...and if its unsalvagable, maybe even build it from scratch. With their small team absorbing that into their work plan is probably not feasible, but they can't risk not fulfilling customers as even with refunds people are pissed. So, in the end much better for them and for us if they hold off on announcements until something is pretty firm. IIRC the U-2 took more of their core team dev time than they had thought, so its possible they are holding off on more third party planes until they can work that out.

We are in the process of preparing for the opening of the pre-order, don't worry)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 5

stupid question alert: when you all say "third party", what you refer to? Who are working on the new planes? Sounds quite interesting to me to know who are the people/company that we have to say thanks to, beside to the devs, for the new additions.

38 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

stupid question alert: when you all say "third party", what you refer to? Who are working on the new planes? Sounds quite interesting to me to know who are the people/company that we have to say thanks to, beside to the devs, for the new additions.

look up the news on the Polikarpov Po-2 when it was in development, it was completed by a 3rd party dev team..

53 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

“And finally, since we have touched on our Flying Circus project, we would like to show you a series of screenshots from the Arras map which our partners at Ugra-Media are actively working on.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they also did the U-2VS.

Before new collector planes get released, I wish they would first make the bomb sight of the U-2 useable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

New teams were created to make FC and TC.  Not sure if they are third party contractors or 1C employees, but I think the former.  Either way it doesn't matter, these new teams ARE the devs on the new products.  The contract companies get paid, the contract developers get paid, and the code and product belongs to 1C.

This is why it is relatively easy for 1C to base further development on sales.  If they are not making money on FC and TC they will simply not engage these new teams for further development.  1C takes a loss on these products but they can minimize said loss and return to core work (WWII airplanes).  1C will continue to own FC and TC but would probably not put much into it.  If FC and TC do make money then further development is probable.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

New teams were created to make FC and TC.  Not sure if they are third party contractors or 1C employees, but I think the former.  Either way it doesn't matter, these new teams ARE the devs on the new products.  The contract companies get paid, the contract developers get paid, and the code and product belongs to 1C.

This is why it is relatively easy for 1C to base further development on sales.  If they are not making money on FC and TC they will simply not engage these new teams for further development.  1C takes a loss on these products but they can minimize said loss and return to core work (WWII airplanes).  1C will continue to own FC and TC but would probably not put much into it.  If FC and TC do make money then further development is probable.

you sir really know how IT works, thanks

5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Yep, absolutely. 1CGS brought in third party contractors with Yugra Media for Flying Circus and Digital Forms for the Tank Crew content. 1CGS isn't completely out of the picture because they are still doing the final implementation and the core programming but it does offload a lot of the heavy lifting for 3D assets and texture creation.

I hope they are commercial successes both of them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1