Sign in to follow this  
RhumbaAzul

New Flying Boots. Bought online. Described as genuine WW2 RAF boots, have i been scammed?

As my flat is bloody freezing at this time of year due to me not being able to afford to heat it due to sim and alchohol addiction , i decided to invest in some flying boots. However, after some research? im beginning to think that these are NOT genuine RAF WW2 era flying boots afterall.

IMG_20191117_225539.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

That’s nothing.  Due to a misprint in a classified advertisement , a friend of mine accidentally bought a pair of flying boats.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Boom tish. Look I may be going out on a limb here and I'm certainly no expert but I'm calling this out. They are fakes! Sure, they look like the real thing and are rather fetching but fakes nonetheless. Tar and feather me if you must. It is just an educated opinion. I'm sorry for the bad news Rhumba.

• Upvote 1

Look comfy. 

you should have gotten this ones:

sx9QkbB.jpg?1

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha thought I was the only one. It's freezing in my basement and sitting still in my cockpit for a few hours makes your feet freeze. My wife got me really thick slipper socks last couple years for Christmas and they are amazing!

Sometimes I'll even just wear a flight suit downstairs I got at the EAA flymart 10 years ago to keep extra warm down there too. It's almost like adult footie pajamas.

the best remedy agaisnt cold is to take clothes away

i have a heater in my room but when some one complains of cold like now in solidarity i turn it off

to fight the cold i remain just in shorts

of course i have a flue now but this time the virus just lasted 3 hours

this reminds me maybe its time to wear the cowboy boots outisde the trousers to easily go against the stream

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, raaaid said:

this reminds me maybe its time to wear the cowboy boots outisde the trousers to easily go against the stream

Like airbrakes🤣

5 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

I got scammed buying flying boots once. They just sat there.

...are you sure they weren't just sleeping?

• Haha 1