ATAG_Pattle

First Look - TFS 5.0 weather/clouds in progress

TF 5.0's Highly anticipated weather/cloud changes in development.

Like and or Comment. Looking forward to the communities reaction to this first look picture!

Cheers,

Pattle

TFS Weather.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

Holy shit............ I thought that was a real photograph!!!

That is absolutely outstanding!!!!!!

Oh my god!

• Like 1

Iam certainly impressed by that picture , the weather feature looks so far like other objects in the upcoming TF 5.0 in that its going to be worth the wait.

• Like 1

That does look impressive, I am bound to get lost flying in that though.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Looks great :) now i want to see how nights is going to look like, especially in africa. Should be tons of stars and maybe even planets visible, unlike our sky in europe today :(

starlit-tent-1100x733.jpg

Really hope for that :P and maybe some rain and snow too heh

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 2

Impressive! Are those volumetric clouds or is it just a texture map?

Edited by Picchio

A bit of offtopic but now since new steam update, every game has their background. I think it can be set up by devs and if not it's just some generic screenshot and meh title, would be cool if you would update that :P You can also put a custom one but having good official one would just look good.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f4d7fa6703af5e38990e4488f51e0907.png

This would look good ;)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d448dd400c16d05169dc4672c89dbcac.png

Edited by InProgress

4 hours ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

Like and or Comment. Looking forward to the communities reaction to this first look picture!

Fantastic!  At long last Cliff's will have proper weather?:clapping:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Picchio said:

They are volumetric. A lot of tweaking to be done still but you should be able to have different layers, proper overcast, fly inside and around etc etc :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Picchio said:

Volumetric 😁

1 hour ago, Kling said:

They are volumetric. A lot of tweaking to be done still but you should be able to have different layers, proper overcast, fly inside and around etc etc :)

Oh my! :dance:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An excellent addition to Blitz! Love the clouds! 🙂

The clouds look amazing!

@InProgress is right, the night sky deserves some love too. It looks quite different in different latitudes, comparing to the sims we are all used to.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, InProgress said:

A bit of offtopic but now since new steam update, every game has their background. I think it can be set up by devs and if not it's just some generic screenshot and meh title, would be cool if you would update that :P You can also put a custom one but having good official one would just look good.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f4d7fa6703af5e38990e4488f51e0907.png

This would look good ;)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d448dd400c16d05169dc4672c89dbcac.png

190 coming to TF 5?

4 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

No, 190 will be the number one priority aircraft for 6.0 if it happens. 

Thanks for the answer!

51 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

No, 190 will be the number one priority aircraft for 6.0 if it happens. 

Wasn't it supposed to be a free update for channel map between 5.0 and 6.0? At least that's what buzzsaw was saying if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Wasn't it supposed to be a free update for channel map between 5.0 and 6.0? At least that's what buzzsaw was saying if I remember correctly.

No, we have never promised any free FW-190 update.  For one, the FW-190A when it appears will include four models... A-1/A-2/A-3/A-4.

However, if we do move on to do a TF 6.0 module, we expect to finish it much faster than TF 5.0.

TF 5.0 is incorporating many new systems with a lot of new code... for example, the Map Tool had to be created from nothing, there was no tool from 1C and the original map was so bugged it could not be used as a template.  The tool alone took 2 years to write the code for... the map then took another year.

We expect to be finished the next map in less than a year if the CoD engine gets the go ahead for another module.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Currently working on a short video coinciding with our latest update showing weather/cloud development for the upcoming TFS 5.0.

Noting many comments saying how real the screenshot looked, I have tried to emulate the appearance of a photo from the time period. One that you would see in a news clipping or book.

Unable to choose between these three, so sharing them all. :)

High Res versions: https://ibb.co/album/hBQzwF

Cheers,

Pattle

TFS1.jpg

TFS2.jpg

TFS3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The weather effects in this clip are what I one day hope to see in Clod. 

Heavy rain, windscreen covered, take-off, break through the overcast into sunlight. A real feeling of combat high and low. Imagine bombers sneaking in below the clouds while fighters patrol above.... Crossing my fingers for CloD

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

The weather effects in this clip are what I one day hope to see in Clod. 

Heavy rain, windscreen covered, take-off, break through the overcast into sunlight. A real feeling of combat high and low. Imagine bombers sneaking in below the clouds while fighters patrol above.... Crossing my fingers for CloD

We hope to provide full overcast conditions.  We will be posting additional updates in the near future.

We will not be including rain or snow for TF 5.0 release, although we may patch the game later.

The fact is pilots in WWII normally did not fly in rain or snow conditions or conditions which had a cloud ceiling of lower than 1000 ft.

Although WWII pilots did fly in more challenging situations than allowed in VFR rules currently, there were minimum standards.  Weather changed very quickly and a pilot who took the risk of taking off with a 1000 ft cloud ceiling, could return in an hour with the clouds at 100 ft.

The potential for catastrophic losses of planes and pilots was too much of a risk in marginal conditions and missions were usually scrubbed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_meteorological_conditions