fastfed

Whats with not connecting to friends hosts

Seriously, my buddy and I have tried everything. its really annoying.

I tried opening all the ports listed and nothing. I even DMZ'd my router!!

He connects, see the splash loading screen, gets to the end and then boom right back to the menu!

There just has to be some fix. please help

When you set up the server, have you checked the minimum ping. I think, by default that is 0 when started from the game client, rather than unlimited, which is the default in dserver. You could try upping that to something higher and see if that works. 

damn!! I really thought that was going to fix it, because you were right, ping was set to 0, I changed it to 300. He loads, gets the loading screen, gets to the end, but then, boom back to the menu!!

gotta be something else

Ping set to 0 means it does not check ping, in effect, it allows clients with infinite ping to connect so did not need to be changed.

Have him check his error logs for a clue.

Try the following solutions:

• Make sure the mission is saved in the correct folder on the DServer PC. The .list file for the mission shows the correct folder to save the mission in on the DServer PC.
  • Resave the mission, copy it to the DServer, and restart the mission. 

both reinstalled what? the entire game

jesus christ lol

what exactly does this mean

• Make sure the mission is saved in the correct folder on the DServer PC. The .list file for the mission shows the correct folder to save the mission in on the DServer PC.

Whats a Dserver PC? I don't have a dedicated server, is this what you mean? I'm looking to host and play, is this not possible?

thanks

1 hour ago, fastfed said:

what exactly does this mean

• Make sure the mission is saved in the correct folder on the DServer PC. The .list file for the mission shows the correct folder to save the mission in on the DServer PC.

Whats a Dserver PC? I don't have a dedicated server, is this what you mean? I'm looking to host and play, is this not possible?

Sorry, I thought that you were using a DServer to host the mission rather than the in-game server. In case you are interested, using the DServer to host multiplayer missions is covered in Chapt. 11 of the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual.

Here are some things to try:

• In your game, choose Settings > Multiplayer and check the IP setting as covered in this post.
  • Check the .list file that is generated along with other mission files when you save your mission. The "filename" entries give the folder that the mission must be saved in. If you moved your mission, it will not work in the DServer (and I assume it will not work with the in-game server also).
  • Resave the mission.

Some people have found that no matter how many hoops they jump through, they cannot host a server. Hopefully, you will have better luck.

I'm no expert when it comes to MP, but if your friend connects, gets the downloading mission files message, starts loading the mission, then gets kicked back to the menu, I would think it is something to do with the actual mission files. After this happens have your friend go into file explorer and navigate to the multiplayer folder and see if your mission files have downloaded to his computer. Does your mission use any collector planes that your friend does not own ?