is there a possibility to pick up objects? Unfortunately, "Y" can not be changed.

Screenshot (45).png

• Haha 1

We cannot change the Y axis, but nevertheless I see an important improvement.

Now all blocks that should be on the ground are on the ground. Before the update if you we positioning an object made of multiple distinct elements on a sloped surface, then you would have half on the object parts disappearing in the ground and half floating above the ground. Now this is not so any more. All distinct items are in the ground. The multiple object Block now behaves as if each object in the block was as a separate entity and would stay flat on the ground. So the Y axis is modified automatically.

It is not perfect because we still have no control but I like this improvement.

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Would be nice to be able to adjust the Y, setting a flak gun on a bridge tower/abutment for defensive fire would be nice.

19 hours ago, No_85_Gramps said:

Would be nice to be able to adjust the Y, setting a flak gun on a bridge tower/abutment for defensive fire would be nice.

Meeting one 1000m above the ground - not so nice.

If you place some objects on the map and then drag them to a new area at lower elevation, they keep their original height. I did once have suspended flak guns, but I have not done it on purpose and I have not tested specific objects to see what they do during the mission. It severely reduced FPS when the guns were firing from an elevated position, and that was at least 3 major patches ago.

15 hours ago, No601_Swallow said:

I once spent a happy hour trying to put a flak gun on the roof of a building. Sadly, no dice! 

I uderstand. I tried on a lift a few years ago. I would like to use the water tower to put AA.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:39 PM, Habu said:

I uderstand. I tried on a lift a few years ago. I would like to use the water tower to put AA.

Couldn't you use your persuasion talent and friendly connections with the Dev team to have them free the translation and rotation motions along all axis to allow us to position all static objects and blocks at least as we want. They should also allow block deletion for non server scripted missions and campaigns.

For the elements that are fixed in space but animated like artillery maybe there it is more delicate to allow the rotations. But in those cases at least let us change the translation on the Y axis. I imagine there may be an impact on the calculation of the artillery bullet trajectory but I suppose that the start point is not fixed on the map ground coordinates where an object is put.

Edited by IckyATLAS

9 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

They should also allow block deletion for non server scripted missions and campaigns.

Already reported as a bug a few month ago when i need to delete factory, and discovered that i can't.

About the rotation, did you try to rotate them like for vehicle, etc... I think i never try to rotate them.

Edit : I rotate the Arf_sign which are block

Edited by Habu

2 hours ago, Habu said:

Already reported as a bug a few month ago when i need to delete factory, and discovered that i can't.

About the rotation, did you try to rotate them like for vehicle, etc... I think i never try to rotate them.

Edit : I rotate the Arf_sign which are block

The only rotation you can do is around the Y axis.

This is fine on flat terrain.

But you cannot rotate around X and Z axis which would allow you to have a static object correctly positioned on a sloped terrain. 

For houses it does not make sense because a house is built to stay vertical even in sloped terrain but if you do it then let it be accessible for all type of objects, it will be simpler. 

For a majority of blocks it does make sense to have their Y axis oriented perpendicular to the terrain, and this needs to act on X and Z axis which are hidden.

Otherwise if devs do not want us to have access to the X and Z axis then they should modify the way the "Set on ground" command works. When an object is selected if the set on ground button is used the it should put it flat on ground so that the Y axis is perpendicular to the ground whatever the slope.

Here it seems that the ground has no slope and that all Y axis are vertical from a completely invisible flat surface which is not the terrain. The only information used is the elevation of the point of the terrain matching the center of the object, and not the slope. So if it is too difficult to have it made automatic then let us do it manually.