pilotpierre

I would like a G Meter because

I would like to see a G meter because:

I used to fly aerobatics as a hobby, admittedly mostly in a 152 Cessna aerobat, but have also flown them in a Yak trainer, Nanchang trainer and a 2 seater Pitts Special and never once blacked out pulling up to 6G.

I am having numerous blackouts in the Tempest Career and they last far too long in my opinion. Ergo it would be nice to see what I am pulling prior to blackout so I could regulate them better.

Edit. Or am I just being a woos????

Edited by pilotpierre
  • Upvote 1

I was pulling 5-6G´s aswell in real life and kept breathing but what we all might be forgetting here is the speed of the planes in game. You might think its only 5-6G but at 5-600kmh or 320ish mph, the same turn has much more g´s. 

At least thats what I keep telling myself 😄

I agree with the speed side of things, however I still think the blackout is too long.

signed

The Wuss (it seems)

Edited by pilotpierre

G is G
4G Banking turn at 200mph or 4G banking turn at 800mph without accelerating or decelerating or looking at the instruments the pilot would not know the difference. 

75* Banking turn nose lvl is always like 4G (2 x the stall speed) regardless of airspeed 200 mph or 800mph
75* Banking turn Nose lvl at 4G a plane with clean config stall speed of 100mph will now stall at 200mph (thats about biggest difference you will notice) 

Location-of-tabs.jpg?width=207&height=27

Airspeed does not alter the Above chart and plays no roll. 

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14

Flying as we do now is like being handicapped in reality for the feeling of the G-s. As I agree that simple digital G-meter is kind of unrealistic (but nothing wrong with it if it can be ticked in settings - like the unlimited ammo or invulnerability), I'm in favor of any kind of better G indication that we have now - heartbeat becoming louder at certain point, breathing becoming louder, picture grayed and more fuzzy, and especially airframe sounds under high g-load. Pilot simply feels all this with his whole body - we don't, and therefore we cannot judge the g levels as good as IRL pilots do. And this is supposed to be a simulator, which strives towards realism wherever possible and applicable.

Edited by CrazyDuck
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand you guys, I can ride the greyout zone very comfortably in every single plane, I honestly think you guys are just pulling too much too fast and get to blackout/g-loc zones very fast (ALSO YOU CAN BLACKOUT AND MAINTAIN CONTROL albeit the range between the 2 is very small) because of the rapid onset of Gs. Go easy on the stick and let the Gs build slowly, if you think a maneuver if gonna be to much simply don't follow it, or at least prepare for it with the trim so if you G-loc you don't become a lawn dart

Edited by R6ckStar
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, pilotpierre said:

I am having numerous blackouts in the Tempest Career and they last far too long in my opinion. Ergo it would be nice to see what I am pulling prior to blackout so I could regulate them better.

I was curious and installed TacView to investigate. So far only a few tests were made with the 109 F-2. It seems that you completely black out when you reach 5 Gs. Fainting occurs before or around 6 Gs. G-levels decrease with fatigue (i.e. the G-forces suffered in the past).

Anyway, 5 Gs for a complete blackout seem to be a bit too low for a healthy and fit combat pilot. I don't say it's wrong, but I expected more. Currently I'm trying to adopt myself to the new physiology model. Although I like it, I find that my turning advantage in a Yak over an Mc.202 is almost completely gone at speeds over 300-350 kph. That is, the physiology model is a great equalizer, making the game a completely new game, as you can't pull more Gs than your opponent when over a certain speed.

Edited by sniperton

You are drunk guys, I have pulled lot of Gs and never blacked out, you pull the stick too much

Moreover, they pull it too violently.  Easy to do with any commercially available joystick. 

I wish someone would make and affordable, modern, force feedback stick, but the market is so tiny it would be a losing proposition.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

I agree with the speed side of things, however I still think the blackout is too long in the Tempest.

We went away a couple of days after it and the others were released so didn’t get much of a chance to try it out. 

Once back home I began a Tempest career and finally gave up Today after days of frustration with long blackouts and lawn darts.

Today I started a Lightning campaign, lots of dog fighting and not a single blackout turning, climbing and pull outs as strenuous as I was doing in the tempest.

Me thinks the Tempest May have a different set of Blackout parameters than (definitely) the Lightning and maybe the rest of the stable???

34 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Me thinks the Tempest May have a different set of Blackout parameters than (definitely) the Lightning and maybe the rest of the stable???

American pilots are wearing G-suits and as such have increased tolerance.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:12 PM, pilotpierre said:

Edit. Or am I just being a woos????

Not a wuss, but maybe a bit of a Goof Ball

:P

21 hours ago, Talon_ said:

American pilots are wearing G-suits and as such have increased tolerance.

Only p51 pilots i believe had g-suits!

I had suspicion on Tempest too, tried it in MP against 109.

Both of us were freshly spawned and went into a dive, 109 followed me doing exact turning curve as me, on my six.

There were no hard pulls on stick yet my pilot went in blackout while 109 didn't.

2 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Only p51 pilots i believe had g-suits!

Definitely P-47s as well though as for Lightnings I am not sure.

Back off the throttle before initiating your maneuver then re apply as you fly though it.

Take it a bit easier on the stick.  The Tempest is a beast of an airplane and requires respect.

Also remember that Pilots in war scenarios will be subjected to more fatigue and stress than modern day civ pilots.  Their fitness levels can also be reduced due to trauma and sleeplessness.  I would assume they would be flying more often as well.  Less opportunity for physical recovery between flights. 

Joy of War I suppose /S😬

Say no to G-Man Meters.