Jump to content
Han

Developer Diary 235 - Discussion

Recommended Posts

If you think so, but as we have the possibility to change it, for me, it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Habu said:

If you think so, but as we have the possibility to change it, for me, it's not.

 

So there is a workaround for the bug until it gets addressed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bug is something that is not working as the programer intended, this appears to be working as it is intended and therefore not a bug.

 

As for it being a good design decision...I don't like it because it is more work than the flexibility it gives us is worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

A bug is something that is not working as the programer intended, this appears to be working as it is intended and therefore not a bug.

As for it being a good design decision...I don't like it because it is more work than the flexibility it gives us is worth.

 

The flexibility was there from the beginning, it has nothing to do with the values being wrong by default.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Habu said:

If you think so, but as we have the possibility to change it, for me, it's not.

 

How do you change it in career-mode ? And why should you have to learn all the complexities of a mission-builder to enjoy the career ? Not everybody is a developer and the mission-builder is a developer's tool.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

How do you change it in career-mode? 

 

You can't, which is the whole point of calling this a bug.

People just want to argue semantics and be nit-picky but if something needs to be fixed then it's a bug.

As you pointed out, there is no workaround for this issue in career mode.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelwrightPL said:

 

How do you change it in career-mode ? And why should you have to learn all the complexities of a mission-builder to enjoy the career ? Not everybody is a developer and the mission-builder is a developer's tool.

In career mode, you can't, and in that mode, i agree it's a bug as you can't modify it, and complete the career.

 

I don't say that you have to learn the mission editor, i say that each mission builder can solve that problem when they build their own mission.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem rolling up my sleeves and fixing something myself - given the restrictions that it would only be possible for missions I can edit with the ME - but my question would be, what values do I use for various objects?  I have no idea what numbers to put in, and surely they can't vary for the same objects based on mission design, since that means the values could end up all over the place. 

 

I would hope that a standardized list of values could exist or be created.   Is there such a list?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember for a listing of that. I think that if something like that exist, it will be in the mission editor section.

 

For strafing, you can set between 1500 and 3000. It depends if you want that it's easy or not, and if you want that player need to use some amunition which would do more damage.

Edited by Habu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what I would like to know, if it is expected that we find the visibility of the contacts that we had before the last update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,


Like others I have a big problem with visibility but only on the winter Rheinland map. No problem on the other winter maps and no problem to with any other seasons maps (included Rheiland other season maps).


I can easily see the flak and the 2 engines smoking, but not the planes only on this map.


I noticed on Rheinland winter map the colors of mesh are different compared other winter maps : darker forest or contrast heavier for example... This maps seems not built like other white maps (for me, the white Stalingrad map is perfect about visibility).


I hope the future winter maps will not built like RW because I gave up to fly anymore on this one, it's not playable for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

Hi,


Like others I have a big problem with visibility but only on the winter Rheinland map. No problem on the other winter maps and no problem to with any other seasons maps (included Rheiland other season maps).


I can easily see the flak and the 2 engines smoking, but not the planes only on this map.


I noticed on Rheinland winter map the colors of mesh are different compared other winter maps : darker forest or contrast heavier for example... This maps seems not built like other white maps (for me, the white Stalingrad map is perfect about visibility).


I hope the future winter maps will not built like RW because I gave up to fly anymore on this one, it's not playable for me.

 

I did observe this too - what helped me a little bit, was to turn down the gamma in the configuration file startup.cfg and set it to 0.7 - a value you can't get

below 0.8 in the game settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and thanks for help Therion 😉

 

Tried to decrease gamma and contrast and finaly with option SSAO on, indeed, I see an improvement.

 

It is not the ideal visibility yet, but it is quite playable now.

 

Thanks again 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Ai bugs:

 

Ai bombing seems to be bugged according other postings on the forum. He 111, Ju87, A20b not working anymore.

This since 4.002. Is there any more news or info like any (FMB?) work around or forthcoming bug fixes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, after the release is it known when the "Custom Single-Player Missions" for Bodenplatte will be added? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Developer Diary 236 ? 🙄

 

Certainly yes, that would come after Developer Diary 235.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dburne said:

 

Certainly yes, that would come after Developer Diary 235.

Actually, its likely to be 235 again, as we are on Developer Diary Savings Time now so we fall back one dev diary. Really screws up my sleep cycle.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...