DD_APHill

Ships firing at enemy AC

I seem to remember in the past enemy ships would fire at you during an attack, even cargo ships. Now I can't get them to do that. Has something changed? I maybe just missing something in the ME.

Can someone shed some light on that?

Nothing unusual, make sure they're set to the proper nationality, and that they're activated/moving or with 'force complete - low' logic plugged into them.

They are correct nationality and enabled. Just like they used to be. This is a mission that we used to fly just after the Kuban map. And they fired at us then but not now. It was a SYN "coop" using the Kuban map. So something must have changed. I made sure any complex trigger included US and Great Britain. It used to just have USSR. Thought that would fix it but nope.

When you say "force complete - low' logic plugged into them" do you mean with an Object link?

Thanks for your reply

Just flew a mission on the Kuban map to test the AA/AAA. Flew over a 3 ship convoy - no AA fire, flew over a 3x AA ground formation, one short burst from one gun and then nothing, flew over a truck convoy - no AA fire, and last over a train - no AA fire. Previously attacking any of those groups was deadly to the attacker. Something is not right and hopefully this will get fixed. They shouldn't require a "force complete" command to work properly. Seeing the same type of results on a mission on the Rhineland map.

11 hours ago, No_85_Gramps said:

They shouldn't require a "force complete" command to work properly. Seeing the same type of results on a mission on the Rhineland map.

I meant if they're not in motion - that's standard for vehicles in general.

Glad to see its not just me. I know that previously even ships next to a pier would fire at you. I think it is a bug.

Will this also fix the WW I ships?

Peniche gb       has guns but will NOT fire at enemy planes.

Peniche ger      has guns but will NOT fire at enemy planes.

6 hours ago, BlackSix said:

It was a bug, we'll fix it in the next update.

Hey Alex, I know it's not your department, but maybe you can talk those guys into taking care of it a bit sooner. :)

I'm just thinking of customers who've purchased one of the scripted campaigns, and are flying an anti-shipping mission, perhaps flying that particular mission for the only time, and the ships (and therefore that mission that they payed for) are not functioning correctly.

Just my opinion, but probably something worthy of a hot-fix if possible.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, JG1_Butzzell said:

I'll check it before release. 

On 11/21/2019 at 7:20 PM, Gambit21 said:

Hey Alex, I know it's not your department, but maybe you can talk those guys into taking care of it a bit sooner. :)

We hope new update will be ready soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, Gambit21 said:

I'm just thinking of customers who've purchased one of the scripted campaigns, and are flying an anti-shipping mission, perhaps flying that particular mission for the only time, and the ships (and therefore that mission that they payed for) are not functioning correctly.

Just my opinion, but probably something worthy of a hot-fix if possible.

I'd +1 that and say that frankly anyone who's purchased the game (in any format) should expect stuff to work. For example if you bought BoBP in order to play competitive multiplayer on one of the most popular servers (ahem, Combat Box, which I run) and there's bugged AA at the convoys, that would be disappointing.

I'm not ragging on the developers (bugs happen, software is a difficult job) but I do think things like this are an issue for a wide variety of players not just those enjoying a paid campaign. I'm glad to hear it's being looked at.

21 hours ago, BlackSix said:
On 11/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, JG1_Butzzell said:

I'll check it before release. 

I checked, and everything is fine in the curent beta version (peniche and ship). Check on your own to confirm the result.

Have a look on WW1 baloon which doesn't shot flare.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 5:00 AM, BlackSix said:

It was a bug, we'll fix it in the next update.

Thank you sir!

I can confirm that trains when in motion the carriages with artillery fire on the airplanes. The animation is perfect.

It was not the case before but now it works. This makes now hunting trains more difficult.