BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 61

Can some tell me if the P-e2, is only available in multiplayer? I don't see it in single player maps? Just incase I haven't missed anything where should I see it in single player? 

Edited by Rigsby

Can some tell me if the P-e2, is only available in multiplayer? I don't see it in single player maps? Just incase I haven't missed anything where should I see it in single player? 

Its in QMB

love the way it bites ya hard just before the landing flair down like a brick off with the left side gear and part of the tail oh well  :lol:

Brakes? I've not had to use them yet. The Peshka disintegrating around me seems to stop quickly enough...

LOL Andy, I'm sure I'll need a new one aswell :)

So is that the only place it meant to be? cheers!

Thats right, no other missions for Pe-2, just QMB.

I get a little bug now every time I push the key how hide:show the icons or waypoints and map in a mission I get the "continue box " even if I uncheck/check the box  show this advise next time! Strange! 

Edited by senseispcc

I get a little bug now every time I push the key how hide:show the icons or waypoints and map in a mission I get the "continue box " even if I uncheck/check the box  show this advise next time! Strange! 

Every time we get an update it deletes your previous response to not show the continue box.

The Pe-2 will definitely be a lot of fun. The team and testers did a fantastic job working on the Pe-2 and I am sure that I will like everything in the update. :)  ! I really appreciate all of the diligent effort. I am also very appreciative of the La-5 pictures.  :good: ! Even as I eagerly anticipate the Yak-1, I am really looking forward to the La-5. I am a very big fan of the LaGG-3, so I have a feeling that I will develop a real fondness for the La-5.  :happy:

:salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Every time we get an update it deletes your previous response to not show the continue box.

No sorry I did answer and uncheck the box but it continue to appear every time with the box unchecked!

No sorry I did answer and uncheck the box but it continue to appear every time with the box unchecked!

I'm definitely not seeing that.  I only see the annoying box after updates.

Pe-2 is a nice addition and not an easy opponent because it's so fast.

During my first test I got its engines burning, but its rear gunner also hit my plane.

Should be nice in multiplayer missions.

After update i get an error code #10019 cannot connect to server, no multi for me..... anyone know what that is?

Impossible to update game.

Tried deleting update folder, no luck.

Solution was to download game from the site.

Re-install.

Everything works fine now! :)

IMHO, the update proccess needs a little work. ;)

Had to do a uninstall/reinstall to get the latest version.

Everything all set at this time.

One question, is it necessary to re-download the IL2_setup.exe each time or does that file remain constant?

Just QMB? I shot one down on the EU-Normal server about an hour ago. :unsure:

lol..on US expert it was all PE2's including me.

Pe-2 is a nice addition and not an easy opponent because it's so fast.

During my first test I got its engines burning, but its rear gunner also hit my plane.

Should be nice in multiplayer missions.

Gunner use is super smooth and many 109's will meet a quick death if they blindly saddle up behind the pe2

As always, great joy in the Casual Pilots Squadron tonight as we try out the PE2! Thanks Developers!!!

Uninstalled & reinstalled, updated successfully but upon game launch now says "Failed to load backend library"

• Upvote 2

It seems that in the QMB buildings are impossible to destroy, rockets bombs, 20 mm machine gun. No way. Is it normal or this feature is not possible yet.

in a fight with bf 109, pe-2 survivability still a little too low. i think maybe more accurate turret gunner needed?

Away on a trip this week, but curious if AA now works again with SweetFX after this update. :)

Charlo

Hello. I don't know where write this but I found a little bug in Pe2 3D model.

When you select 4 250kg bombs open the doorbay overlaps the inner bombs.

Same for me.

Clouds seem to be different or did it come with that little update earlier? Didnt notice before.

The Pe-2 is major neat-o. I had a great time traveling to and from my multiplayer target. She is a very well mannered machine, blessed with surprising speed. I handled engine management as though she were a LaGG-3. I don't know if this is right, but I managed just fine.

She has a wonderful greenhouse cockpit, offering a spectacular view from many directions, especially above and behind. I forgot to check out other crew positions, but you have a neat animated crew member right behind the pilot and you can see right to the rear upper gunner position and all of the highly detailed equipment and weapon used by that crew member. 

I selected the Pe-2 from the multiplayer airstart, so I did not get to experience the Pe-2 taking off, but I did have the pleasure of landing the Pe-2, after my bomb run. On landing, I made some discoveries. She is pretty easy to land. She touched down very gently. Much to my pleasure and amazement, she can slow down in a hurry, without tipping over.  She handles very nicely on the ground, too.

I would highly recommend the Pe-2 for dive bombing, level bombing, recon, and sight seeing.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Pe-2 seems to be a major pain in the #@$@ to get airborne, she likes to lift too early and a wing then stall heavily to the left or right which seems to be unrecoverable once it starts to develop. The AI seems to have little issue, so I suspect I am getting a setting wrong and this from a runway start.

EDIT: Yup, I re-installed due to the hung installer and had to re-assign axis again and some of my axis controls had been reversed!

Edited by TheBlackPenguin

Peshka IS in multiplayer,clearly anounced by Zak.What counterpart you miss for La5? It has fridrich to fight against.Do not misplace early La5 with later La5FN. La5 is only very slight improvement over LaGG3.Do not expect miracles.

The devs announced that they would only release planes in pairs for MP.

That's why we don't have the Yak and that's why I did not expect the Pe-2 to make it in either.

I don't miss any counterpart for the La-5 at all, but again, the devs have stated that they would release planes in pairs only. I'm fully aware of the performance of the early La-5.

Yesterday had to give up cause a ridiculus dowloading rate (tried several time, the best I got was 0.66 kb :o: ), today it is stuck on Checking update cache...  may be is just too many people downloading at the same time... it is this the only reason?

Many thanks for the PE-2.

Very nice plane to fly.

Can we use the side fuselage gun or not? In the stream video it was shown as being controllable, but I can't access the position.

Can't wait for the ME110 & the HE111.

I don't think there's going to be a 110 in the foreseeable future. Hoping for a Hs-129 at some point though!

Just found out that by pressing shift & c can move the fuselage gun from one side of the fuselage to the other.