BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 61

now 3,18gb and continue download

think you're coming pretty close there ....

I am at 3,9GB...what the heck did they do?! :D

Passed 4,3GB by now...

Edited by III./StG2_Blechbohrer

Awesome news! Cannot wait for that La-5 looks amazing!

Yes, that is really unfortunate. I don't think the Pe-2 will make it into MP either until the He-111 and it looks like the next plane will be the La-5, again, without its counterpart.

I think it would currently be a very good time to stress test the servers continuously, but I can't get myself joining the current MP sessions and prefer the QMB and the other SP missions instead.

Peshka IS in multiplayer,clearly anounced by Zak.What counterpart you miss for La5? It has fridrich to fight against.Do not misplace early La5 with later La5FN. La5 is only very slight improvement over LaGG3.Do not expect miracles.

Each Friday again we turn into drooling giddy loonies without fail :happy: 

Guess I will jump in as a Pe-2 gunner...with almost 5GB, this seems rather large for an update.

The La - 5 has 300-350hp more than the lagg 3. It's a big improvement.But not a wonder weapon.

Edited by IVJG4-Knight

Looks like the launcher downloads the entire game again... :huh:

Edited by PA-Sniv

So is this download working for some and not others? To many mixed messages here some saying wait for the official word and others saying it's a great download. Mine has also failed to update, but this thread has confused matters, so I'll try again later.

Have we had official word we can update yet? :unsure:

5gb seems rather excessive for a patch to me, especially seeing as the game itself was only about 4gb on my HDD before starting todays update.

Launcher doesnt do anything for me, gets stuck at "checking update cache". I've closed down and restarted it like a dozen times, oh well back to other things...

• Upvote 1

So is this download working for some and not others? To many mixed messages here some saying wait for the official word and others saying it's a great download. Mine has also failed to update, but this thread has confused matters, so I'll try again later.

Depends if you want to take chances or outwait confirmation.

Download confirmed by now however so ...

Any moment now Zak or Black6 will come tell to have a go I presume ...

Uncheck "prefer web distribution" in launcher settings and run launcher again, the update is 198.17MB...

I've got the Pe-2!!! :cool:

• Upvote 1

Yes the whole thing is coming down the line again.

5gb seems rather excessive for a patch to me, especially seeing as the game itself was only about 4gb on my HDD before starting todays update.

No we haven't, but it just adds confusion when people say: "Great download." I'm not sure if some people are getting it and others not, but I'll wait for the official word now.

Peshka IS in multiplayer,clearly anounced by Zak.What counterpart you miss for La5? It has fridrich to fight against.Do not misplace early La5 with later La5FN. La5 is only very slight improvement over LaGG3.Do not expect miracles.

Brano, do you remember how big your download was ?

Uncheck "prefer web distribution" in launcher settings and run launcher again, the update is 198.17MB...

Thanks Sniv.  Downloading 198.17mb :salute: now

Am I going to need two CH Quadrants now if I want to fly the Bomber? Just spent £100 on this one and don't want to go upsetting the girlfriend to much.

Am I going to need two CH Quadrants now if I want to fly the Bomber? Just spent £100 on this one and don't want to go upsetting the girlfriend to much.

Do you have the 6 lever quadrant? if so map two levers to throttle... the rest you can map to one lever for both engines. You dont need individual mixture, prop pitch, radiator settings for each engine. You only need two throttle levers for better control.

Edited by SYN_Saintblu

Also neuter "Seed when downloaded"!

and you are good to go for the 198.17MB

Pe-2 in is in QMB, not in the missions still have to check MP. :salute:

Edited by West

Each Friday again we turn into drooling giddy loonies without fail :happy:

I know -  it's great isn't it? :biggrin:

every friday i just scrap the game and redownload the whole thing. The time it takes for me to struggle through using the current launcher is longer than redownloading everything. I'm just one of the unlucky ones i guess. But i have 50mb cable line so...

I know -  it's great isn't it? :biggrin:

It is downright intoxicating LOL

Edited by West
  • Upvote 1

The La - 5 has 300-350hp more than the lagg 3. It's a big improvement.But not a wonder weapon.

Shvetsov M82-111 engine was also 250kg heavier then Klimov M105PF.So no big improvement.Only by improving engine/fuselage transition and introducing M82F and finally M82FN engine with direct injection it became famous La5FN matching latest german messers and Fws.

Dawnloaded 198 MB - and still without Pe-2  :(

EDIT: Correcting information - Pe2 is in QMB and in MP. No single missions for PE.

Edited by II./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 1

Do you have the 6 lever quadrant? if so map two levers to throttle... the rest you can map to one lever for both engines. You dont need individual mixture, prop pitch, radiator settings for each engine. You only need two throttle levers for better control.

Sweet, that's a relief. Thanks!

every friday i just scrap the game and redownload the whole thing. The time it takes for me to struggle through using the current launcher is longer than redownloading everything. I'm just one of the unlucky ones i guess. But i have 50mb cable line so...

Here we have 90 mbps download tested and still I do not get more than 2mbps which boils down to 10' for a Gb ....

Dawnloaded 198 MB - and still without Pe-2  :(

EDIT: Correcting information - Pe2 is in QMB and in MP. No single missions for PE.

same for me

• Upvote 1

I finally managed to persuade it to download by selecting 'Prefer web distribution' in the launcher.

The Peshka is a pig to land.  :wacko:

My first flight in a PE-2 it is not easy to fly but possible with training;

PE_2.jpg

After my first landing I must say the brakes are heavy!

For single missions try QMB.

Edited by senseispcc

After my first landing I must say the brakes are heavy!

Brakes? I've not had to use them yet. The Peshka disintegrating around me seems to stop quickly enough...