Sign in to follow this  
DirtyBiker

Misfits server

I have included a Dawn mission [ Ground support for our boys] it starts just before sunrise it has a ground confrontation about to take place between 16 tanks ,plenty of bombing, strafing, and dogfights for both sides. The dusk mission takes off at 8:30 pm [from dusk till dead]  plenty of destruction to be had for Central side and much defending for Entente there are searchlights and fire lit runways.

Both missions can be won and ended by the removal of enemy items. The immersion in VR is really awesome in different light conditions hope to see you in there.

• Upvote 3

Okay, I just got back from Misfits.  

It was dark when I spawned in but that map closed after I took off and the next one was daytime again.

I can't read or text in VR so I missed your message.  Thanks.  The day map is cool.  I must also have the night map in my list of servers so I'll try that some time.

So, I'm starting up in Voss' triplane (probably looks generic to you) and two triplanes collide in front of me while taxiing.  One was all red, too.  Heh!

So I take off and head toward the front.  And hey!  here comes Manfred, behind me!  I turned around and followed him to the action: a smorgy of fighters over the mud.

I expended all but 09 rounds in my left gun and headed home.  And wouldn't you know it?  There's two BrisFits dogging my base at high altitude.  

I come swooping in to the sound of air raid sirens; tried to slip in a bit too fast and low and crunched it.  Survived but the plane will never be the same.

I did leave a text and thanks at the end of my sortie but I can't text while playing.  Sorry.

Anyway, another exciting time at Misfits.  Thank you! 

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben
  • Thanks 1

I Have a TS3 server running at all times if you use it I am always happy to rotate to a preferred senerio  if I am here. But I love fooling with the editor as much as flying so I usually am...………...and fishing season is over lol

• Upvote 1

Thanks brother.  Don't worry about it on my account.  I like to fly whatever's going on; catch-as-catch-can, you know.  All good.

The one thing I noticed is the FR recorder goes off at 1/2 hour?  I must keep resetting it or it says I've reached the end of the buffer or something like that.  Thoughts?

I have read a lot of stuff about how deadly the rear gunners are on the higher settings and yup they are brutal , I use a fair amount of them in my missions for bombing and usually in pairs or more so I have switched them all to drool cup mode and issued them bent bullets, the airbases on limited plane modes now repair and load. I will be running player vs player missions on normal mode. As an alternative I will have a practice server up on occasion as well I have built 2 arenas similar to ROF New wings practice with various air start circles with different abilities also there is a bomb and strafe range, some respawning balloons and yes a skill flying course it starts by the ambulance and hospital tents [put there after my first try] anyways a good place to work on stuff with out having your head on a swivel.

Thanks to those who have stopped in and hope to see more of you in there. Here is a picture of some of the ammo I issued yes its the wrong caliber too that should make it extra tough. 

DSC02473.JPG

• Haha 2

Hey!  Don't dumb those gunners down too much.  I wanna feel like that bastard is really trying to kill me.  :-)

BTW:  I flew your night-map.  It was awesome.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for giving it a go, wish more guys would, maybe I need to buy an add in the chronicle.

Flew Misfits last night; about five sorties; saw Maxx and Barker there; had one human Central pilot with me but it's hard to name him right now because (and get this) the icons are reversed in the FR.  It shows me as Dr.1 and my opponent as Todt Von Oben.  No problem.  Just one of those funny things that's happening while the whole FCMP gets figured out.  Had a great time and looking forward to more of the same in the future.  Thank you, gentlemen.

QUESTION:  Hey Dirty!  Is there any way you can add fuel mixture and coolant system adjustments to the maps?  I need to be able to adjust my mixture to get the most out of the triplane and I can't do that with the automated settings we have now.  I'm happy with it and will continue to fly it as is but I could do a little better if I could tweak the mixture.  Is that doable?

Prosit all!  

QUESTION:  Hey Dirty!  Is there any way you can add fuel mixture and coolant system adjustments to the maps?  I need to be able to adjust my mixture to get the most out of the triplane and I can't do that with the automated settings we have now.  I'm happy with it and will continue to fly it as is but I could do a little better if I could tweak the mixture.  Is that doable?

Prosit all!   

For sure it is, just a check mark in a box. I will set it up that way next time furball missions are up, workin on next one it will have all planes on both sides I am thinking. Funny error you were seeing havnt noticed it yet and also was in there last night with Barker we spanked central good. Set my record night before 34 in 90 mins. flying dr7f.

• Thanks 1

Todt - You can disable auto radiator & mixture via the controls if the server has them set.

S!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Todt - You can disable auto radiator & mixture via the controls if the server has them set.

S!

Thanks zoo I didn't know that either.

• Upvote 1

His name is tracers Todt, good dr1 pilot, had my hands full with the 2 of you. If you ever want to come on TS with us your more than welcome, I have a ts channel or we can go in dirty bikers TS which ever, I can show you a few things on the dr1 if you'd like. Maybe next time I'll wing with you and we can take on the whole entente air force. 

I,d rather have the automatic controls turned off, Seemed like the mixture was wrong in the camel,   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NO.28W_Barker said:

His name is tracers Todt, good dr1 pilot, had my hands full with the 2 of you. If you ever want to come on TS with us your more than welcome, I have a ts channel or we can go in dirty bikers TS which ever, I can show you a few things on the dr1 if you'd like. Maybe next time I'll wing with you and we can take on the whole entente air force. 

I,d rather have the automatic controls turned off, Seemed like the mixture was wrong in the camel,   

I put in entente and central channels in TS as well in case some of you want to work one of the objective missions ,that way you can stay sneeky 🤨

My name is Death.  One does not chat with Death.  I seek only to send you to your fiery demise.  I will haunt the dark recesses of your mind from here on; every time you fly.  You will wonder if I am near.  I am that cold, electric chill that weakens your spine; that flood of hot icewater that races through your veins when you know you're in trouble.  I fear no man and seek parity with none; I am the unknown.  You will fear me so much you will organize into groups for the specific purpose of hunting me down in the fastest planes with telescopic sights.  And I smile as I welcome you to your doom.  I am Todt Von Oben: Death From Above.  (Although, actually, a lot of the time I'll gut-shoot ya.  Nobody's perfect.)  ;-)

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

2 minutes ago, Todt_Von_Oben said:

My name is Death.  One does not chat with Death.  I seek only to send you to your fiery demise.  I will haunt the dark recesses of your mind from here on; every time you fly.  You will wonder if I am near.  I am that cold, electric chill that weakens your spine; that flood of hot icewater that races through your veins when you know you're in trouble.  I fear no man and seek parity with none;

Holy SH@t  that part  sounds like one of my ex wives description ……………………………….brrr

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NO.28W_Barker said:

Thanks.  Those were some good fights.  Just now going over the FR's.

Here's something.  I'm realizing I don't see some things with this VR headset on.  Like icons?  They mark where the plane is if it's within line of sight from were you're looking and nothing's blocking it; but if your wing gets in the way it disappears; same if he goes out of your visual range: there's no little "red arrow" pointing to where he is.  In VR, icons mostly only help bring folks together; once the action starts they get in the way.  (That's basically what I'm seeing about icons in VR; and since FC is new and developmental  thought I'd mention it in case anyone was wondering about that.)

Another thing about the VR Rift headset: first, I can't text well because my keyboard is mounted vertically like an instrument panel; plus I can't see well enough beyond the nose-gap without my glasses on to type.  (I have prescription lenses in the headset.)  So if I don't make or respond to texts while I'm flying, it's because I can't text and fly at the same time.

About comm.  I have TS; used it for coordinated sorties at NF&F and organized events in ROF.  Hetzer gave me a link for Discord.  I don't know; I tend to not use it.  If I wanted to focus on the good ol' BnZ or fly missions with a radio; I'd be flying WWII sims.  I like working without comm; I understand the limitations that choice imposes on me and that's okay.  I'm having a great time.

That said, without comm, I flew five sorties the other night: you, me, and Captain Maxx; and through the first three of those I didn't even know I had a "Friendly" working with me.  I thought he was a bot!  

The guy was good, too.  I remember seeing his name at the time but now I don't remember who he was and the FR's are doing weird things like identifying me as a bot and my opponent as myself in playback.  

Here's his pic.  Do you remember who was flying this triplane the other night?  

Or would that gentleman identify himself here, please?

Prosit!

UNKNOWN TRRIPLANE MISFITS.png

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben