Sign in to follow this  
beresford

Ju52 flaps control doesn't work for me

The Ju52 flaps control has stopped working. I press F and the 'broken flap' icon appears on the right side of the screen, but RShft <cursor> then has no effect. There have been a lot of updates recently and I wonder if they have affected it. The only things I have done are to enable Autopilot and allot 'Auto Enable' to 'A' in order to try out the new tank commands, then reallocate 'Auto Enable' to 'LCtrl A' when I went back to flying and found that full Autopilot can get invoked accidentally when you try to get Level Autopilot via LShft A.

As the flaps in the Ju52 get operated by the stabilizer trim, once you pressed the key for extending flaps, it might have to do with an issue with the trim. At least I and when I remember it correctly, others as well have the issue, that the trim does not work with buttons anymore, but only with axis, since the last update, for those aircrafts, that had the trim on handwheels, like the Ju52. Does the trim work? 

Have you read how the ju52 flaps work on the plane specifications section? (Go to map/specifications tab, and scroll down)

Out of memory, the flaps work like this.

When you press flaps down key (Ctr+F) you link flaps and elevator trim, so then you use trim elevator key to lower elevator and flaps.

Then you press flaps UP key(Shft +F) to unlink them, and only control elevator trim again.

The same procces to rise the flaps.

One extra tip. If you have the elevator trim full up, and flaps full down, (or the oposite), and link them, you can not  mouve them, the elevator wont go up (it's at maximum) and the flaps wont lower (they are at minimum). So in the aircraft specifications they tell you where to ser elevator before linking them to flaps and so on.

5 hours ago, =GW=seaflanker819 said:

press flap button then use trim axis to control flap,flap is bound to trim on ju52,simple to understand.

I know this. I am 2/3 of the way through a Ju52 career.  It has worked in the past for me. But now it has stopped working. Landing without flaps is 'interesting'.

The trim axis keys no longer move the stabiliser. I tried assigning some joystick buttons to it but they still had no effect. Rudder and aileron trim still works.

Edited by beresford

1 hour ago, beresford said:

Rudder and aileron trim still works.

Hmm, the Ju 52 doesn't have aileron trim. Do you have a wrong key assignment?

BTW, trim axis never worked on the Ju 52, It always was stabilizer trim, like in the 109. Therefore trimming through axis always worked.

3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Hmm, the Ju 52 doesn't have aileron trim. Do you have a wrong key assignment?

BTW, trim axis never worked on the Ju 52, It always was stabilizer trim, like in the 109. Therefore trimming through axis always worked.

OK I've got it back now. With RCtrl <Cursor keys>. Not sure why it didn't work with RShft <Cursor keys>, allotted, but it doesn't matter.

Edited by beresford