Zimon

Emblem addition

Hi! So a little background info, im looking to add my "personal emblem" or so into my aircraft. I did some research and every guide was a bit outdated for me since I dont have a single clue on how to use GIMP or Photoshop. Im looking to add this tiny picture into the side of the airplane right by the cockpit, doesn't really matter what skin, but I would like it to be historically correct (markings). If someone could show me a quick, in a nutshell type of way to add such images to my plane (I assume I would be using some sort of template) I would be very happy.  I would most likely use GIMP 2.10.

15 hours ago, Zimon said:

Hi! So a little background info, im looking to add my "personal emblem" or so into my aircraft. I did some research and every guide was a bit outdated for me since I dont have a single clue on how to use GIMP or Photoshop. Im looking to add this tiny picture into the side of the airplane right by the cockpit, doesn't really matter what skin, but I would like it to be historically correct (markings). If someone could show me a quick, in a nutshell type of way to add such images to my plane (I assume I would be using some sort of template) I would be very happy.  I would most likely use GIMP 2.10.

Hi Zimon,

sometimes I added customizations to some skins as a game, without using the
temlplate, but directly on the DDS, with excellent results. I use Photoshop.
I'm not a great skinner, so you better wait for other answers too ...

19 hours ago, Zimon said:

What aircraft do you want to customize?

Send me the images and explain what you want in the skin then I'll make it for you.

21 hours ago, Zimon said:

Thank you all for your contribution this far

I attacked this little icon directly on this beautiful and historic DDS skin.
The result seems to me pretty good ...

01.jpg

02.jpg

The problem adding an emblem over the flatten template (dds file) is that you paste it over the smoke exhaust, dirt and other weathering details.... when the correct way would be pasting it under these elements.

Curiously, I see no Alpha Channel in that Tempest dds image. How come?

Edited by 9./JG54_Skywarp

1 hour ago, 9./JG54_Skywarp said:

The problem adding an emblem over the flatten template (dds file) is that you paste it over the smoke exhaust, dirt and other weathering details.... when the correct way would be pasting it under these elements.

I do not know. I downloaded the MEGALAX skin from here:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/54922-megalaxstempest-v-skins-now-new-and-improved/

On 11/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, 9./JG54_Skywarp said:

Place the emblem on one layer as 'Multiply'. Then make another layer and paste it again over that one. Then set the new one to 'Overlay'. Then just adjust the 'Opacity' or 'Fill' to get your desired result.

Looks like another video for me to make 😁

Oh and don't forget to select the emblem by clicking on the thumbnail preview (marching ants). Then select the 'Channels' tab and paint that area with a medium grey set to 40% opacity. Just make your brush bigger than the emblem and click a few times until you get it dark enough for your taste.

Just remember, the darker you go the more "matte" it becomes.

• Thanks 1