Arthur-A

How to set up frequency of missions per month?

I have a few questions regarding setting up a campaign.

Is it possible to set up campaign so that you'll get a mission say every 7 days?

Can you change that in future toward more or less frequent missions?

Edited by Arthur-A

Hi,

You can set the mission frequency yourself by clicking 'Advanced Config' from the bottom of your main campaign screen and then clicking 'Mission Spacing'. From there you'll see the months of the year and a maximum and minimum number of days between missions. Change these as you see fit.

I have mine all set at 1 day...the more missions the better 😎......in fact I wish there was a way to have multiple missions on the same day. This would be historically accurate, especially with ground attack missions, they flew 4, 5, 6 sometimes 7 missions a day.

Here's hoping 🙏

• Upvote 1

The level of action that you see in PWCG is way beyond what a real pilot would have seen. 

For fighters, many times they didn't even find a target, and many times combat would be declined or inconclusive in ways that we do not have today.  If there were multiple PWCG missions per day fighter pilots would have 1000+ victories.

I am less sure of the ground attack side but I suspect the situation is somewhat similar.  IMHO it's just easier to kill something in the game than it was in real life.  The number of ground units destroyed would reach into the thousands.  Since a thousand day career is already (almost?) possible in PWCG and there are usually multiple ground unit kills per mission, a thousand plus kill career is already easily achievable.

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The level of action that you see in PWCG is way beyond what a real pilot would have seen. 

For fighters, many times they didn't even find a target, and many times combat would be declined or inconclusive in ways that we do not have today.  If there were multiple PWCG missions per day fighter pilots would have 1000+ victories.

I am less sure of the ground attack side but I suspect the situation is somewhat similar.  IMHO it's just easier to kill something in the game than it was in real life.  The number of ground units destroyed would reach into the thousands.  Since a thousand day career is already (almost?) possible in PWCG and there are usually multiple ground unit kills per mission, a thousand plus kill career is already easily achievable.

It was a long shot Pat I know that 😀 and difficult to assimilate in the game.

The Jabo and Stuka pilots did rack up 1000s of missions though.....the one's who survived long enough. I've been reading Rudel's book and another very good one called Stormbird by Hermann Buchner. It makes you wonder if they actually claimed for half the things they hit.

There is a config in PWCG that allows it to register more than one mission flown per actual mission.  I use 3 - so for every time I go to the game and fly I am . credited with three missions flown.  The other two represent the non contact missions.  Flying fighters I tend to average more than one victory per mission and it looks odd to me to have more victories than missions flown.