Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

Looks superb Zeus, thanks for posting!

- Dakpilot: comedy gold! :-)

Edited by Freycinet

I have developed a 3D model of the aircraft, and offer you a present right to use this model in the game "IL-2 Sturmovik".

If you have anything to offer, I would suggest to send Jason a PM. I don't think he's visiting this thread regularly.

Battle of Odessa is great topic, with some equal fighters and bombers.

this list of fighter of the Battle may be need to be in consideration. by the way, i invented the "gift plane" topic: im responsible for that. ja

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r597/Zacarias-Kandrachoff/Odessa_zpsynrekkbx.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/Zacarias-Kandrachoff/media/Odessa_zpsynrekkbx.jpg.html'>Odessa_zpsynrekkbx.jpg

• Upvote 1

this list of fighter of the Battle may be need to be in consideration. by the way, i invented the "gift plane" topic: im responsible for that. ja

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r597/Zacarias-Kandrachoff/Odessa_zpsynrekkbx.jpg

[/url]">http://Odessa_zpsynrekkbx.jpg

I think you have your I-16 type 10 and I-153 Chaika names the wrong way around. :)

Nice list though! :good:

Edited by bzc3lk

Guess you didn't see Jasons recent post... They are that pushed to keep to the schedule  they have set that there is literally no chance an aircraft set like this would be forthcoming.

Yes it would be great to have something like this to go with the map... but somehow, unless there is some sort of secret plan being hatched, I can't see it happening for a long long time.

It sounds nice!

Only thing I would change personally is the I-16 from a type 10 to a type 18 (better engine), unless sources say there were most type 10s in this battle. How does the gift plane concept work?

Guess you didn't see Jasons recent post... They are that pushed to keep to the schedule  they have set that there is literally no chance an aircraft set like this would be forthcoming.

Yes it would be great to have something like this to go with the map... but somehow, unless there is some sort of secret plan being hatched, I can't see it happening for a long long time.

A man can dream :) Also I recall seeing some of this made for a possible Kuban scenario (not so different than the official one) back in 2014/2015. So who knows sometime one of these fan made expansions may end up turning out real. If BoK and Midway sell well maybe Jason will have more resources to expand, hire more ppl and increase the speed of development for these packs, either releasing them in less time or making greater ones which more planes (maybe 12 + 2 instead of the current 8 + 2 set up for example).

Edited by SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 1

Good to see they haven't stopped work on the card. I think with 3rd party maps and collector planes maybe one day we can get this new Il-2 packed with all the content of the Old Man.

Can someone give me  a short descriptor what BoO is? A wishlist? 

Can someone give me  a short descriptor what BoO is? A wishlist? 

I believe it's a side project that Zeus is leading on that the map (card? I don't get this expression...) team is working on.

Double meaning in germanic languages; ie same word for map and card (postcard, credit card).

I believe it's a side project that Zeus is leading on that the map (card? I don't get this expression...) team is working on.

Map/card is a translation thingy.

Map/Card/Chart  = карта in Russian

Map = Karte in German and Kaart in Dutch.

To make  Dutch/English translation even more confusing:

(Land)kaart = Map in English

Map = Folder in English

Folder = Flyer in English

:biggrin:

Lost_in_Translation_poster.jpg

I just got stuck on it from cruising the Russian forum so much and using Google translation. Card is map and they refer to 46 as The Old Man lol. I have no idea if it's right but that's what comes out of the translator.

Can someone give me a short descriptor what BoO is? A wishlist?

"BoO" is just a planeset wishlist. Some members of the russian community are working on Odessa map (Zeus gives them some help), but it won't be another BoX project - just a third party map.

Cheers,

Map/card is a translation thingy.

Map/Card/Chart = карта in Russian

Map = Karte in German and Kaart in Dutch.

To make Dutch/English translation even more confusing:

(Land)kaart = Map in English

Map = Folder in English

Folder = Flyer in English

:biggrin:

Lost_in_Translation_poster.jpg

Man, Dutch and Danish are so alike.

Landkaart = landkort

Map = mappe

Folder = folder

We get the same mistranslations all the time.

Anyone who likes to mess around with the editor, there are BoK buildings in the Blocks tab already. The names start with "kuban".

Edited by Jade_Monkey

anyone know what happened to the Murmansk map that was in development a few years ago? 

The person who did it had to stop because of personal reasons.

It also demonstrates the danger of relying on a 3rd party to develop something...and I say that as a 3rd party capable of helping in several areas. I'd like a look at the map tools, but I understand why they keep them to themselves for the most part.

I want to know if there's coding involved, or it's more akin to using the mission editor or a 3D program...something I can wrap my head around.

The obstacle then would be a learning resource/tutorials which don't exist, and the devs do not want to teach/hold anyone's hand.

Edited by Gambit21

Personal/medical reasons if I recall.

Yes I think it was medical. Either way it was a dark day for Il-2. I hope the other guys could finish it but who knows.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for informing me guys.

However, i dont think a lack of maps will kill off the game.

We have a few now and Kuban is coming.

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I would love to see some more maps, but I think they are more work than I initially believed.

Since we will have a lot of the planes (maybe not the exact models), I would love to see a user made north Africa map (probably will never happen given CLOD).

There are currently a few maps if we count all the seasons:

• Lapino (summer, fall, winter)
  • Velikie Luki
  • Novosokolniki
  • Stalingrad (summer, fall, winter)
  • Moskow (winter, fall)

Then we have Kuban coming with at least two seasons iirc and unofficially the Odessa map..

If the sim doesn't succeed it won't be because a lack of maps.

• Upvote 3

Yes, I would love to see some more maps, but I think they are more work than I initially believed.

Since we will have a lot of the planes (maybe not the exact models), I would love to see a user made north Africa map (probably will never happen given CLOD).

There are currently a few maps if we count all the seasons:

• Lapino (summer, fall, winter)
  • Velikie Luki
  • Novosokolniki
  • Stalingrad (summer, fall, winter)
  • Moskow (winter, fall)

Then we have Kuban coming with at least two seasons iirc and unofficially the Odessa map..

If the sim doesn't succeed it won't be because a lack of maps.

If I remember right Kuban is supposed to be spring, summer and fall. Three seasons worth of variation would be really nice!

We're doing pretty well on maps I agree.

Guest deleted@30725

Probably. A long time ago there was just Stalingrad. Maps OK. Players we could use more of.