Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

Thanks for the screenshot and congratulations for your amazing work Zeus and team !

Wondering how water will look, landscape is already beautifull.

Keep up the good work :salute:

We REALLY need a non-snowy map just for some variety. I'm sick to death of the snow (no offense to the devs....the current maps are awesome, but you know what I mean). 

I like the multitude of default and custom skins for the IL2 however, I'll be buggered if I'm going to fly a green camo IL2 against a snowy white backdrop. Every little bit helps eh? :) 

We REALLY need a non-snowy map just for some variety. I'm sick to death of the snow (no offense to the devs....the current maps are awesome, but you know what I mean). 

I like the multitude of default and custom skins for the IL2 however, I'll be buggered if I'm going to fly a green camo IL2 against a snowy white backdrop. Every little bit helps eh? :)

It's been said a few times but its worth repeating. The devs are working on summer and autumn maps for BoS and BoM intends to ship with summer, autumn and winter maps from the start.

They said they are sick of the winter even more than we are.

Thanks - I haven't read a lot of the historical posts (too long). Problem is though, BOM is slated for release in Q1 2016. Thats 12 months away. Thats why there's even more reason to get the delicious looking map on display here (without snow). 

We are going to add 2 new versions of the Stalingrad map - summer and autumn maps, and also new campaign chapters telling the history of earlier phases of the Battle in the 3rd quarter of 2015. The maps will be available to all current and future owners of the game in all possible modes. The level design team now includes the author of the Velikie Luki community project map Zeus--. In less than 18 months after he launched the ROF mission editor for the first time, in August 2013, Zeus- with the help of a small team of enthusiasts managed to professionally recreate a huge location without any specific support from us. Well, the new maps are definitely in good hands now with this guy on board.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=228614

So we should see those in the fall sometime. Obviously its more work than painting everything green. Also I would imagine the Summer map at least would have a very different looking Stalingrad - one before it was carpet bombed.

Also I would imagine the Summer map at least would have a very different looking Stalingrad - one before it was carpet bombed.

Well, one can only hope a Stalingrad mission will show progressive destruction of the buildings/city over the hours it will take for He-111's to bomb it, as the mission runs on a MP server. 

For single player, Stalingrad will magically reappear all healed and rebuilt everytime. 

Is there any way to save the 'stage of Stalingrad decay' so that from mission to mission it progresses?  That would be wonderful.

Well, one can only hope a Stalingrad mission will show progressive destruction of the buildings/city over the hours it will take for He-111's to bomb it, as the mission runs on a MP server. 

That assumes that there will be He-111s over Stalingrad in MP. All I see in MP in the last few weeks are massive meat grinder dogfights...

I'm hoping that we might get a summer Lapino map as a stop-gap within a few months.

Absolutely no evidence to support that hope, but it would be a nice gesture, wouldn't take TOO much work and would give my eyes some relief from that endless snow....  

11083774_800345870043273_534131137400584

Did You see?

Whaaat? is this for real?

Love it!

Also, i forgot when the summmer maps are comming. Since the last DD was about BOM, i didnt want to ask there. Does anyone know?

Whaaat? is this for real?

Love it!

Also, i forgot when the summmer maps are comming. Since the last DD was about BOM, i didnt want to ask there. Does anyone know?

It is for real. Devs posted it to Facebook earlier today.

If you look 4 posts up (same page) you'll see the answer even :)

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

So in case I missed it , is there any  exact date of release of the Summer and Autumn  maps ?

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

You sure this wasn't posted on Facebook on April Fools Day?

Yes, I am sure that this is not a joke because I did this screenshot by myself :)

This is same place in winter textures:

2015_4_3__6_37_81.jpg

Yes, I am sure that this is not a joke because I did this screenshot by myself :)

This is same place in winter textures:

attachicon.gif2015_4_3__6_37_81.jpg

But many of my Austrian friends would stay with the winter one!  :wacko:

Hi Zeus,

thanks for your amazing work!

Shortly question. Will be Velikie Luki as summer and winter map a part of the april patch?

Thanks,

Ehrler

Shortly question. Will be Velikie Luki as summer and winter map a part of the april patch?

Summer and autumn, as whole seasons, still in work now.

• Upvote 3

4fa08cf52ce96.png

Very good news!!!!

Cheers,

The summer maps cannot come fast enough. I am tired of flying on Hoth.

Edited by Jaeger55
  • Upvote 1

This looks so much more interesting than the all white scenery... I always thought that it would not look that good in the distance, but wow....

Sorry if it was already answered somewhere, but will the first BOM map too be realeased as winter map?

edit: got it, answered just above. sorry :wacko:

Edited by NachtJaeger110

It's quite obvious. No one uses the search function. Entirely too many individuals ask the same questions over and over that have already been answered. Is this the dark ages of the internet in this corner? No one has ever googled anything before? Same thing, just type in what you want to know in the search box. If it turns up with nothing, then new topic. If there are more than one topic returned then it's been touched on before. If the search function is to not be used then there is database space being wasted, it could be wiped monthly to get rid of the "useless" data no one bothers to search for.

Who made you the forum police?  I still haven't figured out how people get so pissy about these kinds of things.

So , when is this all this beautifull work on the maps going top be released ?  Is there any date if not exact , at least  about ?

I guess these new screenshots from Zeus team belong to this thread:

post-348-0-89434600-1434462852.jpg

post-348-0-31834200-1434462977.jpg

Hi all :)

Yes this early wip screens from one heightmap, but with the different textures sets and distance from the one to another places shown on pictures about 200km.

PS. And I'm not sure, whole heightmap or just some parts of it will be accepted by this enthusiast team. :)

Hopefully, Zeus will keep teasing us about this brand new project! ;)

Cheers,

Original thread (russian forum) : http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/3095-obsuzhdenie-dnevnikov-razrabotchika-chast-9999/?p=305185

Original thread (english forum) : http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16741-latest-summer-map-update-zeus/?p=266295

@zeus - you are true artist...thank you. I have BOS for some time now and was thinking how ROFs landscape look better (clouds too). But this is by far the best we saw. Well done!

Edited by blackram_

I guess these new screenshots from Zeus team belong to this thread:

The announcement in Russian forum. And yes - this is the team, which was directly involved in the development of the Velikie Luki map :)

The announcement in Russian forum. And yes - this is the team, which was directly involved in the development of the Velikie Luki map :)

Great, in Il-2 1946 Murmansk was one of my favorite maps, especially the version created by Mixx.

Are the textures in the screenshots posted in the link above still wip?