Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

Damn, the high fly shot is impressive. Did you guys remade the models of the scenery buildings ?

Almost all 3D-models are taken from the original game. But we created about 30 new 3D objects for big cities and industrial zones.

Ah makes sense. They are way more defined. 

Keep up guys and hope to see a mission of your hosted somewhere ;) 

At last we now in "two weeks" stage

A new good , really looking forward . Thank you Zeus . :) 

This all sounds and looks very, very good - Good job! :) Thanks also all informations so far.

I am really looking forward to flying on this map.

I wonder if anyone has some information on the air war in the Velikiye Luki area. I know that JG 51 was active in the area, but which other Luftwaffe and VVS units were involved and which kind of missions were flown?

Really love the map. Loads of work in it, and loads of fun to expect

Two more weeks or two more weeks ? :ph34r:

After that you're gonna need some rest but have you already chose the location of your next project Zeus ?

Zeus, are you going to fill that humongus rail yard with trains, with maybe a couple coming or going?

Eggs celent work.

Zeus, are you going to fill that humongus rail yard with trains, with maybe a couple coming or going?

Eggs celent work.

I'd have thought that would be mission builders' work. Hopefully, once we get the FMB, it'll be straightforward to have trains running across the map, or shunting wagons in the marshalling yard. Oo, a frisson of a shiver! I'll just fetch my notepad and anorak! I'm off to stand for a few hours at the end of Westbahnhoff's Platform 11!

Yes, we created lowpolygonal model for it. But it is only decoration yet (ilke in Novosokolniki rail yard). Not destroyable.

31867091.jpg

After that you're gonna need some rest but have you already chose the location of your next project Zeus ?

I really want spend some time for repainting white textures. But much will depend from 1CGS plans for 2015. We can`t do this job ourselves - current technologies not ready for summer environment.

later i would say.

Not enough content for my 100$s woth as is.

100$? Didn't you mean 10$?

well almost... bought it way back when when prices were freaking high.

but am expecting a few more maps - especially if some Fan has made them and doesnt get paid royalties n stuff.
at last stalingarad summer/spring/fall.

but why is that poll not available here?!
That is not nice. not at all.

Nothing is for free  :) maybe you'll have to pay some $$$$ for it to get it,

Loft seems to be interested to see result of this poll, pay or not pay to get mod map

WTF?!?  :blink:

Initially I thought you where joking. Untill I clicked on the link. :(

This Russian poll started the 20th of November and has kept silent here?

And in the meantime still showing screenies of that WIP map  and keep us ignorant?

First they tease you, make you hungry but by the time you want to enjoy the meal they smack the door in the face untill you pay to get in.

And of course the Russians does have to pay way less than we filthy rich "Western" people.

WTF?!?  :blink:

Initially I thought you where joking. Untill I clicked on the link. :(

This Russian poll started the 20th of November and has kept silent here?

And in the meantime still showing screenies of that WIP map  and keep us ignorant?

First they tease you, make you hungry but by the time you want to enjoy the meal they smack the door in the face untill you pay to get in.

And of course the Russians does have to pay way less than we filthy rich "Western" people.

Good lord. Perhaps it's best not to jump to hysterical conclusions based on a bit of google translate.

I don't know for sure, since - yes - it's google translate, but it seems to me that this poll on the Russian forum was by a forum member (not the devs) who simply wondered if people would be happy to compensate Zeus and his boys for the hard work they've been doing.

Most of the time, if you ask people if they'd prefer to pay or not to pay to receive something, they generally choose the latter- unless they really appreciate the work that's been done and want to encourage more of it. And maybe some people feel this way about the Luki map. (I'm cheap though! I want good stuff for free!! :P )

Anyway.

And reading a little further down, it looks as if the original poster was wondering if it might be worthwhile for him to take a year out building a map for the game - if people would be willing to pay for what he might be able to offer. Maybe he has in mind Desastersoft campaigns for IL2/CloD, addons for FSX/2004, modules for DCS. Seems almost entrepreneurial, almost "Western"...

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe it's all a big conspiracy by evil Russian devs to con poor Western Europeans out of our hard earned Euro...  :rolleyes:

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 2

So many misunderstandings and outrage have come from google translate issues which have then been posted all over and turned into 'fact' then re-posted again

Far better to wait for the correct and factual info before jumping to any conclusions

@ Rigsby a small part of the map is already in the game as a 'demo' for the full map

Cheers Dakpilot

My expiriance is differant i found russian forum more helpful and with more informations from devs as most of them are russians, and from my experience everything was correct what i read from devs posts on russian forum, no misleadings or misinformations.

In this poll they are talking about possibility of selling map some user made and dev is also posting how he is interested in result, nothing misleading i would say. And its good if money would go to player who build the map and would probably continue to build more maps.

Haven't been to this thread in a while. Zeus, very nice work. Waiting patiently for the final version.

As to paying, I'm ok with paying a fee for individual maps comparable to buying an add on aircraft. I've never had a problem paying for good product and/or services.

Also, I couldn't care less what others are paying for this sim or add ons. I pay differently than midwesterners in the US for gas and significantly different prices than people of other countries do. It is called capitalism.

Paid maps are a bad idea and will split up multiplayer community (see RoF Channel Map as an example).

Hi,

First, sorry: I read only the last 2-3 pages of this topic.

Zeus is doing an amazing job!

What is the stage of completion of this map? 50% ? 80% ?

I did not understand if this map is going to be payware?

If it is freeware I will send my gratitude to the author(s) when the map is released

If it is payware:

1) I have no problem to pay for good products/services

2) I wonder if the map will be sold separately with an independant installer or if it will be sold by the devs and installation will be managed by the BOS Launcher?

Paid maps are a bad idea and will split up multiplayer community (see RoF Channel Map as an example).

If payware map is bad idea then all new maps should be free? Authors should always work for free?