Thx all

Shadowplay and youtube "eats" same FPS but here same test vids:

Landing on frozen lake:

Nevel city:

PS. All WiP :)

Edited by zeus--
  • Upvote 10

Zeus et al, hats off to the teams effort. :salute:  Very good news indeed

Keep in mind, "modded" items (limited to 3D objects such as maps/horsies/cars) will be limited to "mods on" only. Which means limited to missions that are "mods on" only or MP servers that are "mods on" only. There won't be a mix, which is great because it keeps the "use at your own risk" items separate from the officially supported items.

Also, as far as "modding" goes - items such as new planes, FM changes, weapons changes, the like will be not be allowed in "mods" mode. Mods in this case are access to the SDK to build objects/maps, not the "mods" of other games that aren't built through a SDK but actually hacked in/hacked together.

So "mods" will be limited to stationary objects and maps, but still - both are very welcome and its always great to see what maps people can create, and if they are good enough then they will be included officially.

I seem to remember a different reality ...

The fantasy Isle  was initialy a download needed to access the mission with it on the regular ROF server page.

Later it got integrated in the regular game, even an option in QMB.

Same for the Mod buildings from Bob Vanderstock in use on some Syndicate missions.

So no "mods on" needed there.

However with AI mods or unofficial skins one need an instance of a "mods on" Rof game ...

Nice work Zeus, thx for sharing the pics :salute:

Edited by West

I did some aerodromes, villages and the city Lens for ROF as a mod and yes, its 'some' work, well done zeus, that looks very imressive indeed!

I seem to remember a different reality ...

The fantasy Isle  was initialy a download needed to access the mission with it on the regular ROF server page.

Later it got integrated in the regular game, even an option in QMB.

Same for the Mod buildings from Bob Vanderstock in use on some Syndicate missions.

So no "mods on" needed there.

However with AI mods or unofficial skins one need an instance of a "mods on" Rof game ...

Nice work Zeus, thx for sharing the pics :salute:

It was initially a scantioned test by the developers for testing prior to being included. It would have required mods on if it hadn't been in development and tested previously.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34283

Any chance the map will be included to BoS like the Fantasy Island became part of RoF?

It looks stunning so far!!!

these are all great news and what a great job you guys have done!!! with close cooperation with the community, the BoS team can get a LOT of new content in reasonable time. mapmaking is for sure something that the community can help out with...and 3Dobjects

thanx guys

It was initially a scantioned test by the developers for testing prior to being included. It would have required mods on if it hadn't been in development and tested previously.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34283

Yes of course, but once passed testing and before making part of the official game, it was a separate download/install after which one could access the Difis'/Ankors server presenting their Fantasy Island map in different missions and while running a  ROF-instance without "mods" activated in the game tab

Their server was even a present of Jason.

Once you had ran one of those missions you were even able to host it, either from a game or Dserver mod-less instance, which meant presented on the most convenient/frequented server page and not in hiding on the mere "mods"-on page.

Some of their missions even were in *.mission files, not in the usual coded *msnbin ones, so you could open them in the editor to adapt.

awesome! my squadron can't wait to do bombing training in there.

Faces of War.

Testing DM of new buildings:

post-276-0-03043500-13975071681.jpg

post-276-0-83874500-13975069981.jpg

And add some bumpmapping (WiP):

2014_4_16__18_16_151.jpg

Edited by zeus--

Thank you, zeus, for showing the pics and vids. Very impressive work! :salute:

Looking great guys! I do hope you plan to make autumn/spring or summer textures as well???  :)

• Upvote 2

Looking great guys! I do hope you plan to make autumn/spring or summer textures as well???  :)

:)

Who`s knows! :)

We  just started to build the Velikie Luki itself:

post-12896-0-61943500-13953165731.jpg

Zeus.  After this week's recent dev announcement about control of skins in mp I was wondering how these maps will work in BOS.  Are you working with 1CGS and they will be included with the game?  Will they be a mod or DLC?  Most importantly, will they be usable in mp?

Status of this project is still to be clarified, but anyway you should be able to play on our map someday :)

• Upvote 1

Everybody seems to be positive but I have some questions after seeing above screenshots:

-Why does the dev team keep insisting on errors with fences?

Houses should share fences on three sides: left, right and backside. But not in BoS. Houses on the outskirts have their own fence on all four sides with a path in between. It is not like that. Just search on Google Earth, Flashearth, historical images etc.

-On every video on YouTube with low flying planes I see the annoying pop up issue with fences. Like it is with old IL2. I hoped this is an issue belonging to the past but BoS seems to keep up with the tradition for some reason.

-Houses catch sunlight but it does not happen on surrounding groundtextures. Will that be solved?

-Ground textures seem to be of lower resolution than objects which makes if houses seem to float on top of it. Will that be solved?

Great to see. Thanks very much to the team that are working on this.

And, with all that water, if we are able to get summer textures, this is going to be gorgeous.

Great to see. Thanks very much to the team that are working on this.

And, with all that water, if we are able to get summer textures, this is going to be gorgeous.

Yes, I was waiting for someone to bring up the S word. A Summer map would be delightful, though I am endlessly grateful that a new winter map is in the works, green is good.  :happy:

:salute: MJ

Summer-is-Coming.jpg

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA
  • Upvote 3

Really impressive, thanks, this sim will have great legs if the community is allowed to contribute like this.

Looks very promissing :cool:

Thanks for the work!

Although I feel that it would be great to have a few more Tree models. I know that you rely on 777's support. But I feel that some variety in that departement could improove the visual realism quite a bit.

The maps we have now look almost as full of clone-trees. We clearly need some bushes and smaller trees, woods that fade out and some (random generated?) scrub here and there.

Just to make the maps look a bit more vivid.

Edited by JG4_Sputnik