I'd appreciate any advice on a problem that I've  been having with my TM Warthog throttle. This is a recent problem and this throttle has always worked fine before.  In game when I adjust the throttle it will register 100% or 0% but will not maintain any setting in between these two values. It'll jump around and is generally uncontrollable. I've recalibrated the throttle many times through in-game settings and in Windows and it does bind to the controler and works fine. However as soon as I use it to fly it won't work right and appears 'frozen up' when I check its response in Key Mapping. This axis on my controler is not bound to any other function and I've even deleted it in Tank Crew, where I used it to control the throttle. I've unplugged the Warthog Throttle and tried different USB ports. I'm out of ideas and I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

Sounds very similar to the problem I was having with my WH throttle back in Mar/April.

After advice from Sokol1, I checked out my engine management settings and found that 'cruise control' was selected.

Apparently it's a form of throttle management, and was screwing up my manual throttle control.

I went to Custom Mode and turned off 'cruise control', and the problem was solved.

Hope your solution is as simple as mine was.

Thanks again to Sokol1!

Here's my thread from Mar 31: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/44669-warthog-throttle-has-a-mind-of-its-own/?do=findComment&comment=750705

Edited by jaygee485
add link
  • Like 1

Well jaygee485 that was exactly what the problem was! I had nonchalantly ticked the 'cruise control' box several days ago wondering if it had some effect in Tank Crew.

Thanks very much, jaygee485, for responding to my post!

Your post from March 31 describes my problem exactly. I may not have ever found the solution on my own lol.

Edited by oneeyeddog
addendum

I did exactly the same about two days back.   I was on the verge of accepting that my joystick had failed and I would have to give up flying until I won the lottery and could replace it 🙂    The fact that pulling back the stick made the throttle increase seemed incontrovertible proof that I had a hardware issue until I heard about 'Cruise' 

16 hours ago, oneeyeddog said:

Thanks very much, jaygee485, for responding to my post!

I'm glad Sokol1 and I could help