Arthur-A

How are TC campaigns?

On 12/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, Blitzen said:

I think I actually did hit a mine on the second mission

I'm not aware of any mine objects in the editor - FYI.

3 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I'm not aware of any mine objects in the editor - FYI.

no doubt you can script this using a checkzone and fake vehicle object + damage mcu 😊

1 hour ago, SYN_Vander said:

no doubt you can script this using a checkzone and fake vehicle object + damage mcu 😊

True!

I love that editor...when it's not crashing.

Reading some of the commentary and giving it some thought, it seems to me that the biggest impediment is mapping the map.  So what do I mean by that ... 

1. Map wood edges

2. Map hills, and especially crests for hull down.

3. Map water and places to traverse water

4. Map roads and paths along roads.

5. Map towns and paths through towns.

That data set will allow for the creation of campaigns.  Based on the data you could start to write algorithms for choke point defense, edge of wood placement, hull down or reverse slope emplacement, etc.  Shoot and scoot becomes possible because you can determine where to shot from and where to scoot to.  Without that data you are limited to very laborious hand placement or you just put stuff wherever.

• Upvote 2

Complex logic is also possible to help, triggers that keep a tank from being active/shooting until the player/other AI is clear of a tree line, therefore artificially "blinding" the AI that's behind the trees etc, but this is "hand building" scripting stuff.

I'll sink my teeth into it one of these days perhaps.

I have a very nice, atmospheric tank battle in the snow on the Rhineland map, but it's just for scenery purposes. I plan on turning it into a player mission eventually, but will take some of the trickery mentioned above.

I think a tank map should have enough elevation, and strategic placement of trees to mitigate the LOS/Tree issue. 

If cleverly built this can help. (tanks behind trees are likely also behind a knoll, hill, slope etc. The map must be built with AI limitations in  mind, not just "history" or geography in this case.

I have yet to explore the purpose-built tank map, so maybe this is already the case.

I likely will build something in the snow/fog, Battle of the Bulge.

Have to stay on task for now though, my cue is full.

• Like 1

Ah, the old mission building 'smoke and mirrors' to simulate desired battlefield functionality. I know it well. 😁

Edited by Thad

Way over my head.  My mission building would be like painting by the numbers to a real artist I'm afraid.  1

• Like 1

Is there any cheat codes for this game? I want to skip second russian mission "Counterattack" as i cannot move further in the campaign. After about 10 trials, that mission never ends. Is there any command to end mission?

Edited by vlad_8011

What exactly are you attempting to illustrate with that movie?

No you can’t skip - you must satisfy the mission objective logic...whatever that is for the particular mission.

What is the mission objective? Are you following the mission brief and/or instructions? Are you supposed to advance to a certain area?

Why are you the only one with this problem? 

27 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

What is the mission objective? Are you following the mission brief and/or instructions? Are you supposed to advance to a certain area?

Why are you the only one with this problem? 

I was following markers (checkpoints), destroyed everything on the way and nothing is hapening. There is no other way of doing the mission. Once i was even more to south and destroyed artillery, but that also didnt triggered anything. I am the only one who is writing about it, most of people play German Campaign as i see here.

EDIT: I cant anything about soviet Campaign, only first mission is on YouTube. Looks like its left unfinished... so why it was released without info that second mission is impossible to finish? 

Edited by vlad_8011

Strange - I know they tested thoroughly - hopefully someone will chime in and help.

Might be a trigger that you’re somehow not hitting.

12 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Strange - I know they tested thoroughly - hopefully someone will chime in and help.

Might be a trigger that you’re somehow not hitting.

It happened to me, too,  Gambit. After taking the first village, the mission wouldn't advance any further even if I stayed on the waypoint marker for a long time. However, I was able to advance on my second attempt. I think the trigger was when the unmarked (no icon) IL-2s flew over and strafed the friendlies. Probably German-captured IL-2s.

I finally, after 12 attempt finished mission - i had to disable everything in difficulty settings, including external camera, map icons etc. and last checkpoint showed on the map - INITIAL POSITIONS (retreat). 

• Upvote 1