PatrickAWlson

PWCG Coop - let's keep PWCG Coop issues here

Because i am having problems keeping track of different conversations.

One person identified the .list files as the reason why coop players were having connection problems.  At the moment the workaround was to not use the .msbin file.  Use .mission and .eng only.

Reminder, to not create the binary files: Main screen->Configuration->User Preferences ... then set make binary files = 0 (zero)

Same problem on my side.

Since version 7.2.0 the missions with the option "binary files = 1" work for me (I had explained my problem in another topic: link to the thread ) on the other hand, in co-op impossible to join with a mission generated with this option, forced to deactivate it in order to join (like the other person).

Here is the error message when I try to join a server with a mission generated with the binary files option enabled:

hH16Y5K.png

Can I ask for some help?  Can you try to do the mission with the binary files but delete the .list file.  I'm curious if the existence of the .list file causes the write to fail.  Further ... what the heck is a .list . file for anyway?

If removing the .list file works (it is an artifact created by using resaver) I can automate the deletion of it.

The .List file is the language localization file that is generated when the mission is saved as a binary.  Opening the mission in the editor and hitting save will generate the required file and it will work fine.  Something must have changed in 4.001b, saving the files as .msbin worked fine with 7.1.0 and the .list file was populated.

There is a problem generating USAS campaigns in  either Coop mode.  If I create a USAS pilot and squadron for the host, he can fly fine, however, no more USAS pilots can be added, the flag does not show up at all. If I create any other Coop with a country other than USAS , I can not add any US pilots at all.

17 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Can I ask for some help?  Can you try to do the mission with the binary files but delete the .list file.  I'm curious if the existence of the .list file causes the write to fail.  Further ... what the heck is a .list . file for anyway?

If removing the .list file works (it is an artifact created by using resaver) I can automate the deletion of it.

Unfortunately I can't test before the end of the week (but if someone else could do the test it would be nice!)

Just spotted this thread. I'm experiencing the same "unable to save file to disk" problem with COOP missions with 4.0.1b. I had what I believe was the same problem last Thursday with version 4.00 and PWCG 7.1.0. Can't test a binary mission with .List file removed until this Thursday with my squad mates. Unless someone can arrange with me to test before then. Thanks for working this.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

Tested this evening.

Deleting the .list file makes the mission playable,  so does opening the mission in the editor and saving it. The later, populates the .list file so it looks like the save process is not completing.

Edited by 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R

I posted a bug in the bugs section.  Resaver should be properly populating the .list file.  it is a little disconcerting that resaver is not behaving the same way as the ME save code.  I imagine this is not going to be a burning item on1C's to do list.

In the meantime I will add another post processing job to delete the .list file.  Until that happens people can ust delete the .list file before running the mission.  I don't think PWCG is really making use of it anyway.

Thanks for testing.

Observation: En AAA no longer fires at player a/c in coop. Still fire in SP missions.

versions: 4.001b and 7.2.0

Tonight I will try again and save the mission as a SP mission and play again to compare.

Update: in SP missions generated by PWGC AAA does not fire at en a/c.

I read a post today about WWI AAA and that it has a very low engagement zone, I will try again at lower altitudes.  I also tried in QMB at 3000' and AAA did not engage. 

Update 2:Tested again with 4.001c, the WWI AAA guns in IL2 seem to engage targets that are below 3000' and within a mile or two of the gun position only.  This appears in QMB or PWGC generated campaign missions and on any online server.  This is a bug that needs to be addressed by 1C/777

Edited by 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R

I will try and test the workaround for PWCG COOP missions with my squad mates tomorrow. Just to make sure that I have the guidance correct, in order to host a COOP mission using a .msbin (binary) file, we simply delete the .list file created within the \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative folder and then host the mission within IL-2 multiplayer, is that correct? 

1 minute ago, 1./KG4_EKat said:

I will try and test the workaround for PWCG COOP missions with my squad mates tomorrow. Just to make sure that I have the guidance correct, in order to host a COOP mission using a .msbin (binary) file, we simply delete the .list file created within the \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\Cooperative folder and then host the mission within IL-2 multiplayer, is that correct? 

Yes.  Feedback appreciated.  As stated earlier I will work to automate the process in the future if this proves successful.

6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I posted a bug in the bugs section.  Resaver should be properly populating the .list file.  it is a little disconcerting that resaver is not behaving the same way as the ME save code.  I imagine this is not going to be a burning item on1C's to do list.

In the meantime I will add another post processing job to delete the .list file.  Until that happens people can ust delete the .list file before running the mission.  I don't think PWCG is really making use of it anyway.

Thanks for testing.

Hi Pat, I ran into the same issue with resaver. Please check these posts (third post and also page before )

Here is the code if this helps:

mission_path = il2_path + {"dogfight""\\data\\Multiplayer\\Dogfight\\""single""\\data\\Missions\\""cooperative""\\data\\Multiplayer\\Cooperative\\"}[self.parent.map_frame.game_type.get()]
                        resaver_path = il2_path + "\\bin\\resaver"
                        command_line = "MissionResaver.exe -t -d \"" + il2_path + "\\data" + "\" -f \"" + mission_path + mission_name + ".mission\"\n"
                        print (command_line)
                        subprocess.run(command_line, cwd=resaver_path, shell=True)
Edited by SYN_Vander

Just tested a 7.2.0 COOP .msnbin with .list file removed and all worked well.

OK Pat so I have about 33 guys who are divided up to 3 Allied squadrons and 7 axis pilots in 1 squadron so a total of 4 squadrons in the mission but when I generate a mission its not giving me an actual mission description in the mission brief and when I hit accept mission it give me an error. here is the error log...

PWCG Error
Thu Nov 14 22:41:29 EST 2019
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pwcg.mission.flight.plane.PlaneMCU.write(PlaneMCU.java:299)
    at pwcg.mission.flight.Flight.write(Flight.java:445)
    at pwcg.mission.io.MissionFlightWriter.writeFlights(MissionFlightWriter.java:37)
    at pwcg.mission.io.MissionFlightWriter.writeFlights(MissionFlightWriter.java:25)
    at pwcg.mission.io.MissionFileWriter.writeFlights(MissionFileWriter.java:140)
    at pwcg.mission.io.MissionFileWriter.writeMission(MissionFileWriter.java:59)
    at pwcg.mission.Mission.write(Mission.java:129)
    at pwcg.gui.helper.BriefingMissionHandler.finalizeMission(BriefingMissionHandler.java:95)
    at pwcg.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingPilotPanelSet.acceptMission(BriefingPilotPanelSet.java:554)
    at pwcg.gui.rofmap.brief.BriefingPilotPanelSet.actionPerformed(BriefingPilotPanelSet.java:341)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by 361st_Bugsy

47 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@361st_Bugsy Please zip up and post the campaign directory.  Thanks,

Hey Pat. We figured the issue out for Bugsy's case. It was related to the custom files I created as described in this topic here:

Removing the custom squadron file (json) and the pilots from being assigned to that squadron solved the issue.

Hey Pat

Me and Riksen are working together to start an online campaign with up to 40 players online...A couple of things that we would like to recommend if you don't mind. 1st is when we added all of the online players and went to the pilots screen to activate all the pilots we noticed most of the pilots were visible to the eye but there were about 10 or 12 players not available to see and the only way we could see them was to add or remove some of the players then remaining pilots would move up into view. So my recommendation is: Is there a way to have a scrolling bar on the side so that we may be able to scroll players names to see them if needed..much like a web browsers side bar...

Secondly when flying our online campaign and you have the list of live players that you added to the campaign is there a way to add a "Leave" or "Discharge" button so this way if a pilot is no longer wanting to play in the campaign or has real life issues get in the way, we can remove then name from the list of players that were added to the game....

Tonight I am going to test our first online COOP mission to see how 33 players will start out, it looks like the engines are started on the runway with about half of the planes ready to roll, I'm assuming the other squadrons will take off from another airfield. I will fly this tonight and report back to you. Your work is so very important to the life of this game, you cant even imagine..I for one am looking forward to the cold engine starts to the Rhinland map...Anyhow these were both the recommendations from myself and Riksen...Heres to a great Holiday season my friend..Salute!

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 1

Hey

Quick question can I have our Dserver use the mission to be played on it....

2 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Hey

Quick question can I have our Dserver use the mission to be played on it....

Yes.

We got it all sorted out, the coop mission runs great on the Dserver........... thanks to Flatfoot.............  others will remain nameless......😲...........  Looking forward to the mission tomorrow night

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss

There were only three of us just to see if it worked or not, the big flight is tonight, it's set up for 30+ pilots (breathers) don't know how many will actually turn out, but will let you know how it goes. 

Posted on 7.3.0 Flying Circus thread yesterday...

I just flew a 7.3.0 COOP campaign mission and shot down three SE5A's. When I tried to claim my kills, I was only offered balloons to claim. I created the campaign as a COOP 'competitive' campaign, but I have yet to create COOP slots for the British side and associate with pilots, only flying as German for now. Not sure if that would contribute to such a problem. No error was reported.

1 hour ago, 1./KG4_EKat said:

Posted on 7.3.0 Flying Circus thread yesterday...

I just flew a 7.3.0 COOP campaign mission and shot down three SE5A's. When I tried to claim my kills, I was only offered balloons to claim. I created the campaign as a COOP 'competitive' campaign, but I have yet to create COOP slots for the British side and associate with pilots, only flying as German for now. Not sure if that would contribute to such a problem. No error was reported.

The error there is that you were offered anything to enter claims.  Coop competitive uses a different AAR system and does not work from claims.  It relies entirely on mission logs.  For the time being try to move forward without claims.  Again, with a coop competitive PWCG does not use claims anyway.  I will look into the workflow to make sure that the claims screen is skipped for coop competitive.