Sign in to follow this  
AuburnAlumni

My god Bodenplatte and Flying Circus are gorgeous in VR

I finally got a chance last night to dive in to both and run a few missions.

I absolutely can't get over how stunning Flying Circus is in VR.  The feeling of being in an open cockpit in tight turn based dogfights over the sunny Aires countryside is just a sight to behold.  You get a true sense of scale with those biplanes.

Also the winter version of Bodenplatte is gorgeous.  Flew an early morning ground attack mission and a intercept mission as well and again...game is just gorgeous in VR.

I'm running a 8700k/1080Ti with Oculus Rift S and I'm in love with both.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

On 11/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, AuburnAlumni said:

I'm running a 8700k/1080Ti with Oculus Rift S

You should try it with a Pimax. Mind-blowing.

Mid-blowing with Reverb as well (minus wide FOV ofcourse) 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Also gorgeous and stunning with the Valve Index 😀. Flying Circus in VR is a taste of flight sim heaven. 

• Like 1

Yep, biplane looks awsome in VR, simply! The immersion is very well here. I have HP Reverb and this is it!

I hope we see career for FC1 also.... it miss for me.

2 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Agreed! And the new clouds make it even better!

Yes IL2-VR is awesome from first day they implemented VR. More than two and half years ago and after a loong and worth wait. New VR devices are gaining the former skeptics.

But, what do you see better in the new clouds?  The clouds tech is the same than before, they have just tweaked the edges and added the new extreme level.

IMHO the clouds are as before, maybe less GPU demanding, but visually as before (so not great at all, noted I don´t use the cloud mods).

If you want to see better clouds look this post:

23 minutes ago, chiliwili69 said:

Yes IL2-VR is awesome from first day they implemented VR. More than two and half years ago and after a loong and worth wait. New VR devices are gaining the former skeptics.

But, what do you see better in the new clouds?  The clouds tech is the same than before, they have just tweaked the edges and added the new extreme level.

IMHO the clouds are as before, maybe less GPU demanding, but visually as before (so not great at all, noted I don´t use the cloud mods).

I think that was kind of the point he was making, that he was excited the clouds had improved in the last update which from what I understand they have.

Rather than other games that may or may not have better clouds than IL-2...

;)

Improvement are always welcome, and something these developers continue to provide!

41 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yep, biplane looks awsome in VR, simply! The immersion is very well here. I have HP Reverb and this is it!

I hope we see career for FC1 also.... it miss for me.

Yeah so do I , but in meantime we will have PWCG to fill the gap.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

I see big improvement in “extreme” clouds: no moving cloud parts, far less pixelating effects when you look at planes in front of them and they seem more “solid”. In any case, yesterday I was flying in VR above Arras with what I think were medium or heavy clouds and it was really cool how I could climb up an dive through clouds without artefacts and it gave a great sense of speed & height.