Motherbrain

Flying Circus Vol.1 - Motherbrains Missions MAINTENANCE 1.6

This is a complete mission set for Il-2 Flying Circus. It includes at least one mission for each aircraft. More will be added as I develop them.

These missions will be fairly simple. I want them to be a step above the Quick Mission Builder, but not quite full blown historical/campaign missions. 

Please let me know where I can make improvements.

Version 1.6 uploaded. Adding "Fly-Now" missions for some planes with more to come later, as well as improvements for some existing missions.

NEW! - "Fly Now" missions are free missions similar to the ones in Rise of Flight where the map is laid out with different targets for you to attack as you please, as well as areas where you can spawn and engage enemy aircraft as much as you wish. I'll add a Fly Now mission for each aircraft as soon as I'm able.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxsew3gxhfx8vf7/flying_circus_missions_1.6.zip?dl=0

- please let me know if the link does not work.

= WARNING! = Please delete your old Flying Circus Missions 1.5 folder before installing the new one.

UPDATE 1.6 - MAINTENANCE

- Updated coalitions in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defense Mission.

- Updated coalitions in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Updated coalitions in the Fokker Dr.I - Balloon Hunt Mission
- Updated coalitions in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Updated coalitions in the Sopwith Camel - Front Patrol Mission
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defense Mission.
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Sopwith Camel - Front Patrol Mission
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Added Halberstadt CL.II - Fly Now Mission

- Added Pfalz D.III - Fly Now Mission

- Added Albatros D.V - Fly Now Mission
- Replaced French balloon on the German side with a German balloon in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Added AAA to each enemy and friendly balloon in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Added bonus kill messages in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission for destroying enemy balloons and planes.
- Added friendly artillery positions in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.

- Added balloons at the front in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defence Mission.

- Added an enemy scout plane in the Bristol D.2b - Front Clearing Mission.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- tail gunners in the two-seater intercept mission will not shoot back with waypoints set to high priority.

- gun sounds for the WWI German flack truck vehicle not working/missing.

- Sopwith camel struggles to taxi in Front Patrol Mission.

- Sopwith camel struggles to catch up to leader after takeoff/blips engine too much in the Front Patrol Mission.

- AI aircraft stubbornly climb to 200m AGL before turning to join formations after takeoff.

- Briefing iconography wont appear in brief screen in missions with WWI German aircraft, but will appear once in the mission.

- WWI coalitions not behaving correctly/not showing in the FMB correctly for other people. I'll correct this as soon as I'm able.

= Triple Entente =

F.2B

- Troop Camp Bombing Mission

F.2B(E.III)

- Front Clearing Mission

S.E.5

- Two-Seater Intercept Mission

Sopwith Camel

- Front Patrol Mission

Sopwith Dolphin

- Fighter Intercept

SPAD 13

- Balloon Hunting Mission

= Central Powers = 

Fokker Dr.1

- Balloon Hunt Mission

Fokker D.VII

- Attacker Intercept Mission

Pfalz D.III

- Front Patrol Mission

NEW! - Fly Now Mission

Albatros D.Va

- Airfield Defense Mission

NEW! - Fly Now Mission

Halberstadt CL.II

- Tank Attack Mission

NEW! - Fly Now Mission

Halberstadt CL.II (200hp)

- Factory Attack

kites_and_guns.thumb.jpg.fb0cd6244ccccde8fc42bacfa0224274.jpg spad_vs_fokker_d7.thumb.jpg.5616ca6d407585d0d6239b7af2e219bf.jpg

fighting_legends.thumb.jpg.baf502fb495c0c16d54e1d60845537c4.jpg falling_out.thumb.jpg.78d33dc678f47d82ab2dd68a3e5fd501.jpg

pfalz_vs_dolphin.thumb.jpg.26f6b5c7288c583dde2eed91fd48398f.jpg rainy_war.thumb.jpg.9e94f2c17549df6382c65d296c5b0a31.jpg

dvii_test_flight.thumb.jpg.a98faf82b686cc86e0caa03a1403f263.jpg mkv_tank_group.thumb.jpg.ac3afe52d96eb52487cb8f858ebd49b4.jpg

a7v_tank_colum.thumb.jpg.3f600e9cf9149467723ad8f7d52e22d0.jpg night_defence.thumb.jpg.be47e5759e16c73dae0a435dcdbbb5c9.jpg

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 12
  • Upvote 4

It's people like you that make me smile!!

Rap

;)

ps If you want any skins making for any missions then just sing out! It's the least one can do!! (PM would be better if you want to get in touch).

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

Brilliant! I just did a couple and they're ace. Not too serious and not too casual. Pretty much do what it says on the tin!! Thanks and well done.

• Like 1

Hmm. Although I can only comment on the S.E.5 mission as it's the only one I've tried but on discovering the group of Halberstadts not attacking us I went in and hasd a little delve into your mission & sure enough found what I suspected.

You've done nothing wrong per say but at present it seems that the WWI coalitions you're using are acting as neutral & are not attacking each other (hence the 'white' icons). Through much trial and error recently I've found that the only coalitions that will attack are USSR, Great Britain & United States (Blue) against Germany (Red). Anything else that will be represented by a non-colour seems to act passively.

Maybe a little more presentation & info for the user to feel involved & immersed also but otherwise nice addition.

5 hours ago, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

Hmm. Although I can only comment on the S.E.5 mission as it's the only one I've tried but on discovering the group of Halberstadts not attacking us I went in and hasd a little delve into your mission & sure enough found what I suspected.

You've done nothing wrong per say but at present it seems that the WWI coalitions you're using are acting as neutral & are not attacking each other (hence the 'white' icons). Through much trial and error recently I've found that the only coalitions that will attack are USSR, Great Britain & United States (Blue) against Germany (Red). Anything else that will be represented by a non-colour seems to act passively.

Maybe a little more presentation & info for the user to feel involved & immersed also but otherwise nice addition.

So the different factions aren't programmed correctly at the moment? I also noticed when I tried to use Translator: Icons to create a front line on the briefing map, instead of showing as red and blue it appeared gray and black. Somebody on my Discord mentioned it could be the map isn't working correctly, so if that is the case I suspect the WWI factions haven't been programmed correctly either.

I've noticed in the Quick Mission Builder that enemy planes you select will not behave correctly and fight you. They will stay in formation and fly away so I guess that is the reason why.

In the S.E.5 missions, the tail gunners wont shoot back because I have the way-points and attack area MCU set to high priority. If I set them to medium the gunners will shoot back, but the planes will also break formation and also begin to dog fight you and I didn't want that, I wanted them to maintain formation and bomb the target. Also I'm not seeing any neutral white icons on my end. I've payed pretty close attention to making sure everything was selected as the right faction.

As for the briefings and immersion I do want to update this as soon as I figure out how to do more stuff with the Translator: Icons.

Edited by Motherbrain

9 hours ago, PatCartier said:

I had a look in the ME and it appears that Germans and French-British are all blues.

They work fine on my end at least. I'll try messing with the factions. Maybe I'll just set them as Allies and Axis until the devs fix it.

UPDATE 1.5 - RELEASE

- Added Albatros D.V - Airfield Defense Mission
- Added Fokker Dr.I  - Balloon Hunt Mission
- Deleted Fokker D.VII - Test Flight Mission
- Added Fokker D.VIIF - Test Flight Mission
- Added Fokker D.VII - Attacker Intercept Mission
- Updated coalitions in the S.E5 - Attacker Intercept Mission
- Added AAA - defenses for each balloon in the S.E.5 - Attacker Intercept Mission
- Updated the coalitions in the SPAD13 - Balloon Hunt Mission
- Added two Fokker D.VIIs that can spawn if you destroy two balloons in the SPAD13 - Balloon Hunt Mission

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi MB, 

played the first few missions........... loving them!

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BIG Thank You! 

Any chances for scripted campaign? 

Short, with 5 mission will be very OK! :dance:

Hi,

With Motherbrain's permission, I have uploaded version 1.5 to Content Downloader appliaction.
You can download it from here:

• Like 1

I've played Rise of Flight since the beginning & now Flying Circus & I must say this is one of the most delightful series of single missions I've ever "flown" especially using VR.Thank you so much for getting FC Single missions folder off with a bang!

wmplayer 2014-07-31 08-28-40-49_edited-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, Motherbrain said:

This is a complete mission set .....

Half of this set behind me. Thank You, very well done! From short mission to near 1,5 hour (like with Halberstadt 200hp), great!

Please to think about scripted campaing (even like payware campaing), I think many from us will buy it. For me its a one day purchese.

You can ask Jason about this if You want.  :salute:

58 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Please to think about scripted campaing (even like payware campaing), I think many from us will buy it. For me its a one day purchese.

You can ask Jason about this if You want.  :salute:

I'd like to try and make a campaign at some point. I'd have to learn how to do it however. At the moment I haven't got a clue.

• Upvote 2

Added update 1.6 - MAINTENANCE

- Updated coalitions in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defense Mission.

- Updated coalitions in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Updated coalitions in the Fokker Dr.I - Balloon Hunt Mission
- Updated coalitions in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Updated coalitions in the Sopwith Camel - Front Patrol Mission
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defense Mission.
- Added ability to rearm and repair in the Sopwith Camel - Front Patrol Mission
- Added ability to rearm and repair in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Added ability to repair and rearm in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Added Halberstadt CL.II - Fly Now Mission

- Added Pfalz D.III - Fly Now Mission

- Added Albatros D.V - Fly Now Mission
- Replaced French balloon on the German side with a German balloon in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.
- Added AAA to each enemy and friendly balloon in the Bristol F.2b - Troop Camp Bombing Mission
- Added bonus kill messages in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission for destroying enemy balloons and planes.
- Added friendly artillery positions in the Bristol F.2b - Front Clearing Mission.

- Added balloons at the front in the Albatros D.V - Airfield Defence Mission.

- Added an enemy scout plane in the Bristol D.2b - Front Clearing Mission.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Motherbrain said:

I'd like to try and make a campaign at some point. I'd have to learn how to do it however. At the moment I haven't got a clue.

My fingers are crossed :]. Thx for 1.6 update also!

btw. mission with Pfalz (patrol) the height of all mission is set on 104 meters (I think must be 1000 meters).

Edited by YoYo

Sorry to ask a silly question but where do i extract the zip files to in order to enjoy your fine work? I suspect the root directory of IL2.

7 hours ago, gconnor said:

Sorry to ask a silly question but where do i extract the zip files to in order to enjoy your fine work? I suspect the root directory of IL2.

You need to extract it into \data\Missions folder.
You can also download my third party software that does it automatically for you, I have updated the version just now to 1.6, look above few posts to locate the thread.

Edited by Zeev

Hey MotherBrain,

again........ just played the Sopwith Camel mission, fantastic! The 2 fokkers were great fun to fight, the first I got a PK, the second really put up a fight, the latest AI is really coming along. These missions are great for people like me with only half an hour here and there to fly.

Thanks again!!

How Can I refuel and repair? I land on my airfield (Albatros V mission Fly Now), turned off the engine, I was waiting and I recived from ground crew ... nothing ;) ...

Edited by YoYo

35 minutes ago, YoYo said:

How Can I refuel and repair? I land on my airfield (Albatros V mission Fly Now), turned off the engine, I was waiting and I recived from ground crew ... nothing ;) ...

• Thanks 1

@Zeev, thanks, I try it, didnt know before about this keys.

If I can ask ....

Id like to see also long mission like recon missions for "take a photo" (behind enemy line) on two seaters between few towns, with more AA from the ground (towns for example, crossing front ect) :).

Edited by YoYo

58 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Id like to see also long mission like recon missions for "take a photo" (behind enemy line) on two seaters between few towns, with more AA from the ground (towns for example, crossing front ect) :).

I had some missions like this planned, and I'll absolutely put some together when I can.

Unfortunately the hard drive on my gaming computer just died a couple days ago and I'm in the process of getting a new one put together. I'll need to reinstall Il-2 as well.

But once I do, more Flying Circus missions will come for sure.  

• Thanks 1

Ok, many thanks for this, I hope the installation process will be ok again  ;)!

Thanks, Mo Brain...

These are the first mission-anything-sort-of thing I've downloaded and tried.

The word, 'great', yeah; but, it's not like you invented Cheetos, or something.

I've tempted only two, just one in VR (once I knew I had them functioning).  This is great.  And, the added value of the 'set-ups' you offer, jumping-off points for adventures; maybe used as templates for amateur mission-builders, etc.

Great.

Thanks.

regards, T. E. Shaw

I just found these and I am very glad I did. I downloaded and flew my first mission tonight and it was great. Thanks for creating the missions MB and I look forward to whatever else you have coming down the pike.

• Like 1

I just want to say another huge THANKS, after getting me hooked on the U-2VS yesterday now im flying the circus, not easy but bloody good fun learning and the missions are BRILLIANT, very much appreciated. JPC :good:  

Thank you so much for the WW1 Missions FC for me is my favorite I wished they would give it more content. thank you again.