SOLIDKREATE

[US/UK] Collector Plane Suggestion

Based on what we have in game I think it would be highly feasible to make the following planes:

1. P-47D-22 (Razorback)
  2. P-51C (Malcolm Hood) / Mustang Mk.III
  3. A-36A / Mustang Mk.I (NA-97)

548653208_collectorplanessuggestion.thumb.png.743c5d36bfad4c52a679b92f77edb0b8.png

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
Added canopy description
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

D-22 is a dream for me, I was working on a 3d model of one but it's on hold for the moment.

34 minutes ago, steven197106 said:

Hawker Typhoon, Martin B-26 Marauder, de havilland mosquito

I can see the Typhoon however as much I would like the later, I don't see it happening. The Mosquito probably has a 30% chance of getting done. Unless they can make the B-25 flyable I wouldn't count on the B-26 because it is just as complicated.

• Confused 1

First: Typhoon IB, Spitfire XIV, Mosquito Mk VI

and if they don´t plan an early/mid 1944 ETO module additionally all three of em:

1. P-47D-22 (Razorback)
  2. P-51C (blister canopy) / Mustang Mk.III
  3. A-36A / Mustang Mk.I (NA-97)
Edited by sevenless

4 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

I would also add P-51B and P-47C-5

P-51B would be nice but I wouldn't want a P-47C unless we go early-mid 43. The P-47C was probably one of the worst razorbacks blocks in terms of performance, it also couldn't carry wing bomb/tanks.

P-47D-22 makes the most sense as a collector aircraft due to it's use in 44-45 and it would fit nicely in Bodenplatte in terms of performance and ability.

It also had the best performance of any P-47D save for the D-27 and could also use 150 octane fuel which made it even more of a monster.

• Like 1

I'll third the P-47D-22. It was one of the Lend-Lease P-47's as well. I do think that one should have both the the 100 and 145 octane settings, as the lend lease units, as far as I know, never got higher than 100 octane, while, as I understand it, most of the P-47's based in Britain did get the fuel, even if it wasn't until later that they were officially cleared to use the power settings. 

44 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'll third the P-47D-22. It was one of the Lend-Lease P-47's as well. I do think that one should have both the the 100 and 145 octane settings, as the lend lease units, as far as I know, never got higher than 100 octane, while, as I understand it, most of the P-47's based in Britain did get the fuel, even if it wasn't until later that they were officially cleared to use the power settings. 

Definitely, we should have the 100 octane for late 43 early 44 settings (WEP of 56" with 443 mph top speed at around 29k). From mid 44-45 we should definitely get the 150 octane fuel so we can be competitive in Bodenplatte, (WEP of 70" top speed 440-450+ at 20k)

Numbers aren't exact of course but the D-22 was a very fast aircraft, faster than the D-28 with same power/weight settings.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Legioneod said:

I wouldn't want a P-47C unless we go early-mid 43.

I hope we'll go there in future. That's why I've included it.

7 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

I hope we'll go there in future. That's why I've included it.

I was going to say that I'd think it and the D-5 would need to be mainline planes if they do that time period, but it occurs to me it would probably be better for the campaign aircraft to start with the D-5 and D-15 for any mid '43 campaign, and have the C-2 as a collector's plane, simply because it is so limited. 

The D-5 and D-15 you could plausibly include the 135 octane gas, optional Water Injection kits and paddle propellers for something that could be viable across the entire war, but I don't believe the C-2 ever got those improvements. 

• Like 1

I think from the D-10 onwards they used the Curtiss Electric prop. I know the D-10 was used in New Guinea.

16 minutes ago, 361st_SPEKTRE76 said:

I think from the D-10 onwards they used the Curtiss Electric prop. I know the D-10 was used in New Guinea.

Very few blocks of P-47s used anything but the Curtis electric. Only blocks that used anything different were the D-22/25/27 iirc, they used the Hamilton. Not sure when the P-47s went from the thin blade Curtis to the paddle blade though, I'd have to recheck.

We really need a Typhoon. Other P-47 and P-51 versions... I prefer they hold them for Med or Pacific!

Yeah, there are a lot of planes that have to be added to the game.

P-51B/C  birdcage and Malcolm Hood.

Spitfire Mk IXC early versions ( RR merlin 61 engine )

P-47 Razorback.

To be correctly  all RAF P-51B/C and lot of  USAAF on ETO  has mounted British  MkII Reflector gunsight .

Squadron_Leader_Horbaczewski_of_315_Poli

kitcarson.jpg

media-20654.jpeg?itok=Tie_3swS

media-14177.jpeg?itok=CuDoGgwh

d06f545bd3ec918a84d9dc26bb7cb816.jpg

I was thinking that could make the 'Hoods' as a MOD like they do with the Spitfire Engines. They same thing for the Spitfire Mk.IX and the pointed and rounded tail.

5 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I was thinking that could make the 'Hoods' as a MOD like they do with the Spitfire Engines. They same thing for the Spitfire Mk.IX and the pointed and rounded tail.

The cockpit of the P-51 B/C was too different from the D for it to just be a mod. 

He was talking about building a B/C model and having the Malcolm hood as an option like wings/Engines on Spitfire... not making a D fit a B/C

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss
  • Thanks 1

Like a gunsights.  American N3B  and an optional British MkII Reflector.