Zooropa_Fly

Zoo Wings Server.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, Zooropa_Fly said:

Just back up Stumble, working on new maps.

S!

A few have mentioned that it's showing no one is in the server zoo, but when you go in, there are 2 or 3 in there, possible master server, but they asked me to tell you next time your in.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hotrod server still isn't back up yet, so I'm now running all my maps, with a reduced map time of 1 hour each.

1. The Lille Deal

2. A Good Day To Douai

3. The Icy Lake

4. The Murder Mud

5. What A £^*%!*" Rotter

6. Dolphin Soup

7. The Snowy Peaks

8. The Flaming Forest

9. In From Behind

SALUTE !

ZF.

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

22 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Hotrod server still isn't back up yet, so I'm now running all my maps, with a reduced map time of 1 hour each.

1. The Lille Deal

2. A Good Day To Douai

3. The Icy Lake

4. The Murder Mud

5. What A £^*%!*" ROTTER

6. Dolphin Soup

7. The Snowy Peaks

8. The Flaming Forest

9. In From Behind

SALUTE !

ZF.

No 9 is Talbot's favorite by far.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

As long as he's happy with Entente being on top.

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hotrod's Server is back up with my first 6 maps.

So Zoo Wings will just be running the new ones for now :-

1. A Good Day To Douai

2. Dolphin Soup

3. In From Behind

4. Turn Up Ternoise

Salute !

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Upvote 1

Zoo, I just tried the icy lake (1918) and Douai maps (zoo wings) for MP practice and my Camel was either stuck between two hangers or directly in front of one. Impossible to take off old chap without major damage. This is where NCO's come in bloody handy to move your kite to an acceptable take off position. Couldn't do my job without them. But it doesn't do to associate with them of course. One has principles.

• Haha 1

Sorry about that Catchov.

The Icy Lake is being run on Hotrods' Server currently. I noticed the spawn proint had been moved a few weeks ago and sent them a corrected version.

Sounds like they're still running the old one.

I've re-positioned the AF's slightly in that map, so next time I run it on ZW it'll be slightly different.

I just checked Douai and it seems Ok, for the single player at least.

I'll check out the protocol again - I was sure planes spawned R-L, if it's L-R then there will be a problem..

Difficult to check on one's own !

If necessary a fix will be in place asap.

Thanks for the feedback, always welcome.

Salute !

ZF.

P.S. I checked and couldn't see an NCO mod :)

Ok, in RoF planes spawn in R-L, but it seems in FC it's L-R.

I've moved the spawn positions and checked them.

Assuming I've got the direction right now there shouldn't be any multiple spawning issues.

If anyone has any problems I'm grateful to have them reported here.

Cheers, S!

1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

P.S. I checked and couldn't see an NCO mod :)

:biggrin:

Thanks for checking out the spawn issue Zoo.

Cheers, S!

A quick update, to let you know that Hotrod Server will no longer be hosting ww1 maps.

I would like to thank dhyran for running my maps and wish him all the best ! 

Zoo Wings should be up most of the time for the foreseeable future.

Well somebody's got to provide a dirty arcade option.

:icon_e_salute:

Great. We need a fast food type of server to satisfy our urges 🤣.

One problem... Zoowings will be right at the bottom of the server list. Hopefully enough people see it lol

That's usually the 2nd best place to be on a list.

Doesn't work so well when it's off the bottom of the screen though :P

12 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

A quick update, to let you know that Hotrod Server will no longer be hosting ww1 maps.

I would like to thank dhyran for running my maps and wish him all the best ! 

Zoo Wings should be up most of the time for the foreseeable future.

I think Agent has sorted the Trolls server out, me and Mal were on it tonight with your maps :)

14 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Too bloody right mate. I appreciate what you do and it's great for noobs to tool around in. 

S!

• Thanks 1

Why arn't you using the Arras map for Zoo wings?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I tried your server and had some fun shooting down bots.

Is this server feequented by players and when would it be busy. 

Currently it's empty everytime I check it.

Is there a chance flak could be toned down in the centre of the map. I understand it should protect airfields but it's seems to heavy where the actual fighting happens.

Cheers.

Btw. Is there an option to turn off music on user end. Also I liked the tounge in cheek names of some of the bots. Especially a node to certain pilot prone to collisions.

Edited by 1PL-Banzai-ESzk

Posted (edited)

Hey Stumble, out of 10 maps there's only 3 that aren't Arras. Are there any you don't like for any reason ?

Banzai !

There's not a lot of pilot action just now, the occasional flurry. Myself and the ST's may be trying to push FC air-quaking soon...

Flak - I'm not keen on too much flak over the dogfight area myself, if you tell me which map I'll have a look. I'm still tweaking some of them a bit.

The music 🙉 - I wonderred how long it would be..

It appears in 2 maps, if annoys a few more pilots I'll remove it. I think you can adjust the music volume in-game - or was that just in RoF ?

Was just a bit of fun, the songs play into the theme of the maps.

You don't like Turbonegro ? I thought everyone loves a bit of deathpunk :music:

Cheers for the feedback,

S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

"de gustibus non est disputandum" but I found the choice of music rather annoying and it actually gave me a fright first time 🤣.

I know it is supposed to inspire fighting spirit but I found it a bit juvenile.

I hope you will succeed in bringing the lost tradition of dogfighting back to life.

Back in RoF days I loved Fast Food and Flying Circus servers. Some great memories of fighting against regulars and great way to learn skills that could be used on traditional mission based servers.

S!

I particularly liked the Capture the Airfields Lake map on the Flying Circus server as it provided both bombing and dogfighting opportunities which could be coordinated.

55 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

I particularly liked the Capture the Airfields Lake map on the Flying Circus server as it provided both bombing and dogfighting opportunities which could be coordinated.

Yes they were great, you could take an AF out with a Strut B - and do a bit of dogging after !

It was superb when it got down to the last AF.

But they only really work with a dozen or more players.

Maybe one day.. :pilot:

Posted (edited)

Hopefully the Snarling Trolls fast food server will be up and running soon, giving Zoo a break, just tweaking the final bits.

Usually you will find an ST_ in zoos server around 7pm onward, tonight there were 4 of us in, don't go by the server list saying 0/33 there is someone in just the weird 1C master server saying it's empty,you will have to log in and fly to see if anyone's in.

Oh and yes the music is freaking a few out lol.

Edited by ST_Nooney

On 5/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, 1PL-Banzai-ESzk said:

Is there a chance flak could be toned down in the centre of the map. I understand it should protect airfields but it's seems to heavy where the actual fighting happens.

I suspect it was the 'Turnoise' map that was the trouble here.

The Arty were set not to shoot at air targets, but I think they were anyway resulting in flak chasing you down.

I've removed the Arty.

S!

• Thanks 1

Just tried to get on good day to Doui 7pm but hung on download files, had to use task manager to get out.

Me too 🤪

I can't get the server list up, so the master might be down.

Will try again in a bit.

S!

2 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Me too 🤪

I can't get the server list up, so the master might be down.

Will try again in a bit.

S!

Mal couldn't either, I tried Fluggs to see if I could get on that and did so don't know what went wrong.

Posted (edited)

Zoo Wings is currently running all 10 maps with ST paraphernalia, at the top of the server list as 'A Snarling Trolls Server'.

I'm expecting their server to be running the maps any day now, but it should look pretty much the same initially.

Big thanks to the ugly blighters, hopefully we can get some more pilots in soon.

S!

EDIT : The ST server is up, but not accessible (the incompetent buffoons). So the maps are available on 'A Zoo Wings Server' until they get it sorted. S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

I'd also like to shout out a big thankyou to the ugly blighters and incompetent buffoons. :good: Looking forward to the Trolls' server when she's up and running. And more pilots, yes. But my time zone is, shall we say, shithouse. IT'S A BUMMER MAN! But I shall continue. Yes, even in the face of difficulty or with little or no indication of success. The RFC spirit still lives! S!

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for the other Trolls but I myself could hardly be even remotely  ugly, I am gawjus and I know it, but it just gets me mobbed by women and some men but I have learned to live with it sighhhhhh.

Promoting the server with zoo's maps, I expect to run the old ST's Ace of the month competition in it, screen shot of your final score in MP at close of mission, highest scorer becomes Ace of the month, winning the highly coveted AotM medal, with massive brag kudos.2047842449_Aceofmonth.png.82fcca3b43b03d975439abd3ec70aa46.png

Posted (edited)

The ST's are struggling to keep it up (well they're not getting any younger), so 'A Zoo Wings Server' - as it is now in the list, is back up today.

Now, the super exciting news is that you can now Repair / Re-fuel / Re-arm on the maps with AF's.

If you land back at your AF (anywhere within 300m of the vehicle by the smoke stacks) repair is automatic, right cntrl A to re-arm, right cntrl F to re-fuel.

Note that re-fuelling goes to 100% in a flash, remembering that the server fuel loads locked at 33%. So you may not want to re-fuel !

33 should be enough for 2 or 3 flights on these maps so you might not need to. It's possible to stop / re-start the fuelling but it's so damn quick !

Anyway, there's 4 maps up today all with RRR, rotating on the hour.

S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've also said in the ST ace of the month comp' post that you can use either the zoo server or the trolls server depending whats up on any given day.

52 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

If you land back at your AF (anywhere within 300m of the vehicle by the smoke stacks) repair is automatic, right cntrl A to re-arm, right cntrl F to re-fuel.

Note that re-fuelling goes to 100% in a flash, remembering that the server fuel loads locked at 33%. So you may not want to re-fuel !

33 should be enough for 2 or 3 flights on these maps so you might not need to. It's possible to stop / re-start the fuelling but it's so damn quick !

Nice one zoo, I'll just map them on my throttle box save taxing my already confused troll head :)

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, Zooropa_Fly said:

Type of Improvement : GAMEPLAY

Proposals : For RRR, to be able to select how much fuel is 're-fuelled' at your pit stop. Either set in the properties box of the re-fuelling object, or be payer selectable at the time of cutting engine.

(If player selectable, the minimum allowed by the sever would have to be adhered to).

Benefits : Currently I run a sever with fuel locked at 33% and am introducing RRR into some maps. An amendment addressing the above would mean a player could stop and re-fuel to the mission makers specification. Not many will want to re-fuel to 100% on a dogfight server locked at 33%. Having said that, 2 or 3 flights could be had with that fuel load, but it would be better, in the case of my server, if I could specify re-fuelling to 33%.

Cheers,

S!

edit : I've just noticed you can stop / re-start fuelling - but it's so quick it can't be controlled. Thanks.

Type of Improvement : GAMEPLAY / MP

Proposals : To not only be able to lock fuel loads at a single value, but to also have the option to set a 'minimum fuel load'.

Benefits : Someone entering a server with, say, fuel locked at 50% - might want to fly with 100% for practice or whatever reason. Any disadvantage is with the player, thus sporting integrity is maintained !

Cheers,
S!

Just a quick nudge regarding the edit note there on your suggestion. Perhaps should have a chat with the J5 guys as the speeds at which you are refuelled on the Flugpark missions are controllable enough to enable the player to achieve any amount desired. And based upon some of their changelogs seems it's possible to adjust the speeds at which the refuelling is completed.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, J5_Matthias said:

MARCH 29th MISSION UPDATES - ALL MAPS

Amiens St. Quentines Changelist:

Changed: Upped the rearm and repair service area radius at all fields to 50m from 25m so they're much more usable.  Too many reports of "doesn't work"

and I realize that we're not all expert drivers when it comes to avoiding the flagpole. 😑

Changed: fuel replenishment and rearm speeds to be easily controllable for partial loadouts.

Changed: Repair and reheal speeds were reduced slightly

Doullens Cambrai Changelist:

Changed: Recon script so that now you are able to land your recon plane at any friendly airfield that is active.

Changed: Planes are now more historically distributed between the airfields. 

Updated: Mission descriptions

Scenery: Cities and towns are  now appropiratley destroyed to reflect their state of 1918 using @SYN_Vanders nifty tool.  <-- freaking rocks!

Fixed: Mission description for the "dawn" mission.

Fixed: Repair logic of AAA guns. (due to a bug with MCU Damage AAA guns would not be recrewed after beeing repaired)

Fixed: Balloons are a bit harder now. (due to a bug with MCU Damaga where the options "major" and "minor" are switched)

Fixed: Ground MGs at trench attacks are more carefully placed so that they don't get stuck in the dougouts. They should be easier to strafe now.

Other Notes: 

If you're trying to get in the server on Saturday afternoon/evenings and can't because it's locked, we're running the Bloody April campaign.   See the other thread on tha campaign for mre details.  Thanks for your patience.  Sorry for the interruption to the normal program.  We will ALWAYS get back on line with the regular maps asap once the event is complete.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Adabadoo, glad you're enjoying it.

Your frame rates aren't very good, I'm guessing that's largely to do with VR. Being over Lille doesn't help either !

For reference they should really be more like 60-90, maybe you could tweak the setting a bit if you haven't already ?

S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

OPENING TIMES !

Just to confirm that the maps are currently being shared between Zoo Wings, and the ST server.

The theory is, Zoo Wings runs Euro times, the ST's US times.

This isn't a military operation, so there may be occasional over-laps or gaps.

But hopefully there should be one of them up when you need a fix of non-stop action.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/25/2020 at 3:43 AM, Zooropa_Fly said:

Thanks Adabadoo, glad you're enjoying it.

Your frame rates aren't very good, I'm guessing that's largely to do with VR. Being over Lille doesn't help either !

For reference they should really be more like 60-90, maybe you could tweak the setting a bit if you haven't already ?

S!

Yeah so that was my HP x360 i7 laptop with a 1080EGPU.  I can get 50-60fps with low settings and it's actually not too bad looking.

With balanced or high settings and things turned up I get 30-50fps depending dropping to 20ish over that damn city.

Still I'm super old school.  I flew the WWI flight sim that led to flight simulator before it was sublogics before with was microsofts on an apple IIe on a green monitor and I had one frame every several seconds and was very happy to be flying as a kiddo.  So 30 fps in VR is awesome for me. It also reprojects those fps to where you are looking making it pretty smooth as long as your above 30fps ish.

But I moved my VR desktop into my den to see the difference.  It's an i7-6850k aging well overclocked to all threads at 4400. It has a 1080ti. With everything fully turned up in game best AA all ultra it gets 50-72fps in VR.  That's stereo full res vr.  So big differance and I'll be using that from now on.  The last video below shows that setup tested.  No need to turn anything down now.  Won't go above 72 because I prefer my Oculus Quest over all the other headsets and it's locked at 72 max. The Fresnel effect is less on the quest than the samsung odyssey plus and the vive pro.  The odyssey plus might be slightly better optics in some ways but worse in others and the lenses hit my forehead alot.  The quest is just awesome.  I use it for everything now with link.  I don't think I'll be using my vive or vive pro again.  I may have some headsets for sale cheap if anyone's interested in trying VR.