Airborne1

Ordering hard copies of games

I would like to buy the IL2 Stalingrad series of games. But I want the game discs with boxes and instructions sent to my home address in America. Can I do that, and how?.

Actually I bought IL2 Sturmovik : Battle of Stalingrad on disc some years back. The rest of the series I purchased online. 
  However I did a quick search and cannot find any copies for sale. @LukeFF Did 1C stop selling the hard copies?

A special hard copy version of BoS was produced for the Russian market only. All follow up titles are digital download only, regardless of market.

37 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

A special hard copy version of BoS was produced for the Russian market only.

I didn't know that. I, too, started with a BOS disc. I decided for that version after I saw some YouTube videos, because of the paper map included. The map itself was too small to use, but a zoomed copy did the job very well.

I think Rise of Flight was the last game I bought in a box on a disc. It was a great looking box! 😀

I first purchased BOS as a DVD from Amazon. 
This I later realised played the game through Steam. 
Thereafter all my purchases have been from the store. 

I bought DVD Copy from 2014 and im still using its license to this day.

I dont think they have been manufactured for years. ( Someone might sell it unopened if you are lucky )

Licence from physical copy is for Steam.

Its still on my shelf is quite rare me thinks  :)

image.thumb.png.0f20d02dd2ac2b4db2f660a0cc9b33ef.pngimage.thumb.png.63dd7ba0fdf885d8abce2d738ca4ac7e.png

Edited by Godspeed

2 hours ago, Godspeed said:

I bought DVD Copy from 2014 and im still using its license to this day.

I dont think they have been manufactured for years. ( Someone might sell it unopened if you are lucky )

Licence from physical copy is for Steam.

Its still on my shelf is quite rare me thinks  :)

image.thumb.png.0f20d02dd2ac2b4db2f660a0cc9b33ef.pngimage.thumb.png.63dd7ba0fdf885d8abce2d738ca4ac7e.png

Your post makes me afraid

What is the intention for wanting it on disk? Is this intended as a gift, or do you just prefer hard CDs? 

I prefer to have the hard copy for my personal use, and to give to my grandchildren when they are a little older.

Edited by Airborne1
Misspelling, and added info

CD's are history, now it would be on USB which is kind of cool (usb with il2 markings/drawing) and you can use it as usual usb once you licenced your key to your account!

USB could be in any shape (plane, pilot badge...etc), you buy a game and you get a goodie :)

But i don't see it profitable for publisher in today's online era.

I'm old school and miss having a disk...but with the rate of development and huge amount of content being added that's just not practical.

Or at least the disk would only be an initial install of BoS, with a huge update still necessary. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't the disk just contain the steam download link? 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

16 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

A special hard copy version of BoS was produced for the Russian market only. All follow up titles are digital download only, regardless of market.

I bought a hard copy made for the Western marked. 

11 hours ago, Airborne1 said:

I prefer to have the hard copy for my personal use, and to give to my grandchildren when they are a little older.

Then

do it by yourself - reprint the official Game Case Cover & DVD Label or do your own

Thanks for the info, I guess I use my DVDR/W to put the game on disk from my folder right ?.

6 minutes ago, Airborne1 said:

Thanks for the info, I guess I use my DVDR/W to put the game on disk from my folder right ?.

There's zero reason to ever put this game on a disk I don't even think it works without an online connection.

With the speed of updates/patches and their size, putting it on a disk would become redundant very quickly 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Upvote 1