dog1

message to moderator or support Bodenplatte

hello

Since purchasing a copy of Bodenplatte 24 hrs ago i have not had it installed . At support /profile / purchases/ my order is confirmed and i am supposed to see it installed within 15mn . I sent out 2 messages in the last 24hrs to support with details but i am getting no response  by email . Should you read this message could you please assist in contacting the administration to look into my case . best regards

as i see only bobp badge under your picture, do you start game from steam? have by any chance other DLCs (BOS,BOM or BOK) game on steam? if thats the case you should first link both acounts to have what you buy on steam and in webstore linked.

if you dont use steam and this is only game DLC you have on this profile (like your badges show)  then you need to download game instaler from your profile https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

Edited by 77.CountZero

hello

How do you link both accounts ? i have'nt found anything on google which shows how to link ? the problem i think is its not available at Steam so you cannot link apparently it asks at start up when the add on is new , not sure  if what i'm saying is correct .

i have BOS , BOM and BOK on Steam including the collector planes . I purchased BOBP directly from here because its not available at Steam until further notice .

can i anyway install it through the installer you pointed to without corrupting my present set up  ?

Edited by dog1

the way it worked for me is when i started game on steam, game poped up message window saying that it detect that i have instaled also game from web downloader, and asked if i wont to link them to steam.

So if you download game from web link of your profile, and instal it (not in same place where your steam game is) and play it once from there, then when you start game from steam after it, it will also detect that you have two games, and ask you if you wont to link.

Then all will be on steam after you link, and you can remove not steam one files as you dont need them any more as steam has it all.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Will steam detect even if the game is not yet available there ? so right now i'm installing the installer , big file 18 gig . Once installed will that have added BOBP to what i have ? if so when eventually it is available at steam and i start up at Steam i can then confirm and unify , i can then decide whether to remove non Steam files which i presume saves space  . am i correct ?   

Edited by dog1

Just now, dog1 said:

ok , so right now i'm installing the installer , big file 18 gig . Once installed will that have added BOBP to what i have ? if so when eventually it is available at steam and i start up at Steam i can then confirm and unify , i can then decide whether to remove non Steam files which i presume saves space  .    

Once instaled you should try to start game from steam and see if game will show you window askin you to link acounts, if it does then link acounts and all what you buy from steam and webstore will be activated on your steam game. And then you can remove to save space what your downloading now.

you shouldn't need to install the other version you only need the steam via Install.

BobP should appear in your BoS game. check top right of screen in hanger.

if it's not appearing and you've raised a ticket then wait.

don't send new tickets.

support will get back to you. give em a few days.

Edited by OrLoK

Just now, OrLoK said:

you shouldn't need to install the other version.

BobP should appear in your BoS game. check top right of screen in hanger.

if it's not appearing and you've raised a ticket then wait.

don't send new tickets.

support will get back to you. give em a few days.

He has all games from steam, only this one from web store, steam dont know that he bought bobp as he didnt link acounts from here and steam. If you know how he can link acounts without downloding web instaler post to save him download time, i just toled him only way i know how and how it worked for me.

Edited by 77.CountZero

present situation installing installer 

install.jpg

ORLOK 

BOBP is not available yet at Steam . It will start without the recent purchase . They are only advertising the new patch without mentioning when it will be available for download . . 

Edited by dog1

found offical guied how to link:

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/SteamAndIL2AccountGuide.pdf

so when you download game from install, lanch it first from that install, as like you see here: 

It's Live

Now, when you launch the game in Steam, you'll see a prompt asking you if you want to link your IL-2 and Steam accounts (if you have launched the game from this install before) or ask you if you're a new user (if there is no local login data found). It's highly recommended to link your accounts especially if you have bought content both on Steam and our webstore, but if choose not to do it now, you can click 'Steam login only' (in this case, you'll see only the content you have bought on Steam in the game).

then you should close that game when you log in, and start from steam and then youll get option to link both to steam.

OrLoK:

he didnt select option to link when he first buy  BoS and other dlcs from steam, and thats why steam cant ask him again to link, and cant see that he buy bobp from this webstore and this acount

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 1

count zero

ok understood , so i am definitely B client . that means once its available on Steam i will be prompted to link when i start the game from Steam . In the meantime once the installer has completed the install i will start the game from the new icon which has appeared called great battles . Appreciate the help .

• Like 1

and i was getting window like on B1 when asked to link

also by buying bobp from here insted wait untill is available on steam, you saved 10$ (still at preorder price for few days), and devs got atleast 20-30$ more as steam would take its cut. And after linking you get all the benefits of steam but steam dont get your money cut you spend on game when buying stuff from here muhahahah :) 

Edited by 77.CountZero

When you purchase a game here on the website, after you purchased at least BOS through Steam, you do not have to download the new game, as it is already in your Steam game. The usual way is to open the game after purchasing, then Steam will ask you, if you want to link your Steam and your non Steam games, and after clicking on yes, you will have all your content available in your Steam game account. Of course Steam knows, that there is BOBP. You just can't buy it there yet. That you downloaded BOBP from the IL 2 website might have made the whole bunch a bit complicated. So, when it is not working and you don't get asked to link your accounts, when opening your game, you might have to wait for the support.

77 count zero

finished installing , career mode opens but i have no mission scenario folder option nor can i play my editor created missions , they dont appear in missions  , why is that ? i have to log in each time is this normal ?

YOGIFLIGHT

How can i link the accounts if its not available to purchase  still at Steam ?

Edited by dog1

try to lanch game from your:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game il2.exe

and then from steam, it should ask you to link

yes login is normal every time when not starting with steam but using web client

there is stil no carere for bobp, so that also normal

Edited by 77.CountZero

i mean there are no mission scenario folder under missions  nor can i add editor created missions , why ? so i cannot use the editor for BOBP ??!!! thats crazy !!!

your idea of starting from exe. then to steam activates only the past . Steam is not recognizing BOBP . So what the use of this add on ? can only play online and career ? cannot use editor ? if cannot use the editor then when i create a skin how do i see it in game to take screen shots and check  ? this cannot be right .

Edited by dog1

yes i understand, no missions as there is no missions scenarious for bobp, mission editor is in your game and skin viewer also in proper bin folders

to have it all together with bos bom bok you have to link the games acounts

start game from il2,exe in steam folder, and log in there, then start game from steam and it will ask you to link

Edited by 77.CountZero

Just now, dog1 said:

present situation installing installer 

install.jpg

What are you doing? - You use the wrong Installer!

You have BOS , BOM and BOK already on Steam including the collector planes. So your installer is Steam and you have already everything on your Harddrive or SSD installed. Just start the Game using Steam. As long you use the same e-mail address for Steam and here everything is applied automatic (talking about the linking the both accounts)

Just now, dog1 said:

BOBP is not available yet at Steam . It will start without the recent purchase . They are only advertising the new patch without mentioning when it will be available for download .

You are wrong, BoBP is available on Steam you can't just buy it on Steam as long BoBP is not officially released here!

9 minutes ago, Livai said:

What are you doing? - You use the wrong Installer!

You have BOS , BOM and BOK already on Steam including the collector planes. So your installer is Steam and you have already everything on your Harddrive or SSD installed. Just start the Game using Steam. As long you use the same e-mail address for Steam and here everything is applied automatic (talking about the linking the both accounts)

You are wrong, BoBP is available on Steam you can't just buy it on Steam as long BoBP is not officially released here!

but he dosent use same acount from forum on steam, so he has to link them first, and steam dont ask him to link them as he had game long time on steam, so he neds to lanch game from il-2 exe first to trigger steam to ask him to link

here is what i see in the missions section ? is this normal for now ? if so i cannot use the editor since i cannot use the created mission right ? thats crazy !!!! what the use of the game then ?

LIVAI

BOBP is not available for download at Steam . If it is show me . When in Steam it is not asking me to link to my recent add on . 

image.jpg

BIG QUESTION

Is anyone using the editor with BOBP ? are you playing the missions ? do they appear under missions ?  

Edited by dog1

create mission in editor and just make new folder 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d70166e7d11ddf631da26e728e72bfc2.jpg

like i created in example of QMKubanP47

Edited by 77.CountZero

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

but he dosent use same acount from forum on steam, so he has to link them first, and steam dont ask him to link them as he had game long time on steam, so he neds to lanch game from il-2 exe first to trigger steam to ask him to link

the account name doesn't matter what matter is the same e-mail address . I have BoS on Steam and I start it from there. I have BoS twice and never needed to link my accounts. When I install the game using Steam and start from Steam I log-in automatic into the game without password check and everything what I bought here on their website is available ready to play it.

Just now, Livai said:

the account name doesn't matter what matter is the same e-mail address . I have BoS on Steam and I start it from there. I have BoS twice and never needed to link my accounts. When I install the game using Steam and start from Steam I log-in automatic into the game without password check and everything what I bought here on their website is available ready to play it.

But you both stuff before they added option for linking, he didnt he buy stuff first at steam and when asked does he wont to link he said no as all he had is on steam.

So now when he buy from web, steam will not just ask him all of suden do you wont to link we see some dog1 guy both bobp is this you ?  he needs to lanch il2.exe and login with email and pass from forum he uses for dog1, and after that when he trys to start steam only then will steam see oh you have other game do you wont to link them. This is how it was for me.

Count Zero

stupid me !! i was saving the editor created test missions in the Steam exe folder !! i created a BOBP scenario folder and test mission with the new planes placed in the new install and all is ok . 

My Steam account is user name  aminxe504 and its Gmail . At IL2 i'm Dog1 and its hotmail . so i dont know how this will work out .  

Edited by dog1

Just now, dog1 said:

Count Zero

stupid me !! i was saving the editor created test missions in the Steam exe folder !! i created a BOBP scenario folder and test mission with the new planes placed in the new install and all is ok . 

no problem i understand, just take it slow, they would not lanch game without all stuff that you already had before, i just made it more confusing then neccesary by forgheting that you can just lanch il2.exe from steam folders and you didnt have to download separatly lancher again (but it wont be problem)

try to lanch game from your:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game il2.exe

and then from steam, it should ask you to link

no it does not ask me to link .

Thats strange, it worked for me just now, i turn off steam, i started game from il2.exe and then log in , then closed game and start steam and start game on steam, and it asked me to link acounts again, and when i link them all works.

If that dont work for you youll have to wait for suport then, but atleast over weekend youll be able to play on bobp untill suport links your stuff to steam

Edited by 77.CountZero

Just now, dog1 said:

LIVAI

BOBP is not available for download at Steam . If it is show me . When in Steam it is not asking me to link to my recent add on . 

but you have everything already installed on your Harddrive or SSD when you install the Game using Steam same goes for every update what Steam install for you.  Everything is installed Steam doesn't care if you bought it or not Steam install everything for you.

BTW when before you bought BoBp did you log - in using this (red-marked)?

01 - part.JPG

Just now, Livai said:

but you have everything already installed on your Harddrive or SSD when you install the Game using Steam same goes for every update what Steam install for you.  Everything is installed Steam doesn't care if you bought it or not Steam install everything for you.

BTW when before you bought BoBp did you log - in using this (red-marked)?

01 - part.JPG

no he didnt, thats problem

LIVAI

no i did'nt . i used my IL2 account . My Steam account is user name  aminxe504 and its Gmail . At IL2 i'm Dog1 and its hotmail . so i dont know how this will work out . what is the solution ?

I bought BoS and fw190a3 from steam and rest from il2 website.

On your official il2 profile under purchases you should ve able to see all purchases made from steam and website and their activation status.

All keys must be activated.

If you don't get link accounts option when starting game from steam there is quick way to do it;

Few days ago i switched from steamVR to opencomposite and when i clicked il2.exe (in program files) it offered me to link accounts again.

OpenComposite is easy to download and switch from steam to it requires one click (and vice versa).

Just now, dog1 said:

no it does not ask me to link .

What happen when you

just click on your automatically generated player name at the top right of
the main menu - will it open the same message again and you can click to link your both accounts

4 minutes ago, dog1 said:

LIVAI

no i did'nt . i used my IL2 account . My Steam account is user name  aminxe504 and its Gmail . At IL2 i'm Dog1 and its hotmail . so i dont know how this will work out . what is the solution ?

Support will ask you to confirm this is you on both acounts and they will just link them, you dont have to worry, but youll have to wait for them to do that probably when next work day starts. I realy tought lanching game out of steam wil prompt steam to ask you to link but it seams it dosent work for you like it works for me, and in Ribbons example in post abow.

Ribbon

in profile purchases there is only BOBP . I suspect because they are different email addresses and usernames as i mentioned above .

count zero

so maybe its better i send another message to support explaining all what happened here and  requesting their assistance to link accounts .

1 minute ago, dog1 said:

Ribbon

in profile purchases there is only BOBP . I suspect because they are different email addresses and usernames as i mentioned above .

count zero

so maybe its better i send another message to support explaining all what happened here and  requesting their assistance to link accounts .

i would do that

2 hours ago, dog1 said:

Ribbon

count zero

Different email addresses, ok that should be the problem....i think only il2 support can solve that!

Good luck and i hope they will help you soon as possible 🙋‍♂️

Ribbon

i sent them my message explaining the story  , just waiting for response . hope it does'nt take too long . next time i'll be more careful and log in with Steam as explained above when purchasing from here . I bought from here cause its not available there . 

Just now, dog1 said:

Ribbon

i sent them my message explaining the story  , just waiting for response . hope it does'nt take too long . next time i'll be more careful and log in with Steam as explained above when purchasing from here . I bought from here cause its not available there . 

I just saw another thread about switching to different email address and ppl replying il2 support help them in thise cases so it's just a matter of time it will be sorted out for you.

the support has sent me the PDF which is supposed to help me but i see i dont belong to any of the classes since i have already installed the game . while waiting for their assistance i was thinking of reinstalling the game  with the hope that i catch the option to link with Steam at the start up this time , will this work ?

Edited by dog1

i think you need to explain to them that you would like to link your acount here with your acount on steam, they should be able to do that when you send them your emails you used for steam and here. Reinstall game from steam or wenstore will not change anything.