Sign in to follow this  
Zeev

Soviet campaign feedback

Hi,
First I want you to congratulate you for the release of early access and the new campaigns.
Your work is very appreciated and in my opinion its a fresh take on IL2 series and I have really enjoyed every content of your work.

I know that the game is still in development but I wanted to leave a feedback.
1. The first mission is not so clear, one minute your squad leader yells to attack, but after a few minutes they retreat, although the tank force ratio is 5 to 1 in the Soviet favor.
Of course on the first attempt I was following the brave few Soviet tanks and we all died horribly.
On the second attempt I was more careful and managed to hit much more targets from far near the waypoint, but this should be much clear.
2. On the second mission, when climbing the hill, some of the tanks behind struggled to catch the rest of the column and the commander and his second tank drove strangely - they drive half a meter then stop, drive half a meter then stop and do while(true) loop until I finally decided to rush forward and they stopped doing this. I guess the trigger was that my tank passed the commander tank and the commander decided to catch me instead of waiting for the last of the tanks in hist squad.
3. After capturing the village at the end(?) of mission 2 we have waited for German counter attack.
I was brave enough to start climbing the hill until an enemy tank stopped 1 meter from me and bam - Game Over. But for my surprise I was presented with "Mission Success".
Was it intentional to my character to die in this mission?

Please take this as a positive and a constructive feedback.

1 hour ago, Zeev said:

I was brave enough to start climbing the hill until an enemy tank stopped 1 meter from me and bam - Game Over. But for my surprise I was presented with "Mission Success".
Was it intentional to my character to die in this mission?

Yes. In the Soviet campaign, you are not required to survive certain missions.

On the second  mission did you destroy the AT guns in the forest on did you leave them be these court off guard first time because I was watching the dogfight I instead of watching where I was going  so learned that the hard way.

Fun fact:

If you die in the first mission, no matter how successful you were, the game says " Mission Successful".

After some practice, I was finally able to destroy all German armour coming up the hill without taking damage -> Game says "Mission Failed"

2 minutes ago, airacobrafan said:

Fun fact:

If you die in the first mission, no matter how successful you were, the game says " Mission Successful".

After some practice, I was finally able to destroy all German armour coming up the hill without taking damage -> Game says "Mission Failed"

I like this logic 😉

Guys, I completely fail to understand the logic of Russian campaign.

On the third mission I did not took chance and made my vehicle invulnerable.

German tanks started to attack.

I shot from afar like 10 non explosive shells, no damage at all.

I flanked them behind, shot another 10 shells at backwards of enemy tank, he is still alive without any visible damagw taken.

I have stopped one meter behind the enemy tanks, shot another 20 shells into the back of the enemy tank that remind you, was a one meter from me - no damage at all.

Are all those levels designed to fail agaonst all odds?

24 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Wich tanks? what distance?

Hi,

If you were referring to me, I think I have a record. I will check today and upload when I get home.