Docjonel

My Ode to IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Bodenplatte

I probably spent way too much time editing this, but it was fun and I'm reasonably pleased with how it came out.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

Nicely done.   Shame you forgot the Tempest except as a bit player in your ode to the 190 🙎‍♂️

3 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Nicely done.   Shame you forgot the Tempest except as a bit player in your ode to the 190 🙎‍♂️

Agreed, the Tempest got short shrift as the video ran long.

Maybe I can insert some footage of them after the Dora pancakes.

Outstanding video, really does BOBP proud :good:

Must agree that more Tempest would be nice, same goes for the 3 in 1 Fw190-A8, F8 & G8. Only other tiny a-historic detail would be the choice of USAAF skin on the B-25 as they never used them in the ETO. Other than than that it's about 10,000 light years in advance of any video I could make :) 

Edit: Like you, I forgot the Spitfire MkIX

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

That was absolutely awesome. Really showcases how far flight sim technology and computers has come. This is stuff we only dreamed of 20+ years ago and now we get be there.

Sorry, I got carried away with myself. Not really sorry...

• Like 1

You needed a Czech skinned plane to go with the music!  

Great video through out.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Gets my vote!! Brilliant watch and thanks... :popcorm:

6 hours ago, jasta11ace said:

Sorry, I got carried away with myself

Made ME smile!!

@Docjonel Hey, just a quick tip. If you're doing action/fast-paced/fly-by/tracking shots then capture them at 1/2 speed and then double them up when you're editing them. It really helps with the smoothness/stuttering. Just saying... the video is fantastic!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

Gets my vote!! Brilliant watch and thanks... :popcorm:

Made ME smile!!

@Docjonel Hey, just a quick tip. If you're doing action/fast-paced/fly-by/tracking shots then capture them at 1/2 speed and then double them up when you're editing them. It really helps with the smoothness/stuttering. Just saying... the video is fantastic!

Thanks for the tip! That definitely would've helped in a few areas. 

And yeah, how could I forget the Spit after all it's done for us?! So ungrateful...

I was very worried the video was way too long. Guess I could have put a bit more in. 

1 hour ago, Docjonel said:

I was very worried the video was way too long. Guess I could have put a bit more in. 

Nah, it wasn't too long because it's chopped up so it doesn't get boring. It's like a 'greatest hits' type of thing so it doesn't get tedious. Just right I'd say. Next time you do one try that tip, it works wonders. Takes a little more time but it's worth it in the end. The music works really well also, by the way. Not TOO pompous but dramatic enough to raise a smile every now and then!

Rap

:salute:

Edited by Raptorattacker

Thanks for the nice comments!

But did no one notice I totally got the name of the software wrong in my video?!

It should be "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte" not "IL-2 Sturmovik: Operation Bodenplatte."

Sorry Jason!

• Like 1