flyinj

Can't find non-premium Bodenplatte on store

I saw that Bodenplatte was finally released today and loaded up the store to purchase it, but I only see a "premium" version that is $70 (!!), and no regular version.

Can someone link me to the regular version's store page?

Thanks!

Not available yet. From today's announcement, we have this:

Also, a Standard Edition of BOBP will be coming soon with the P-38J and Fw-190 D-9 offered as Collector Planes to give users more buying options.

Oh, great. How incredibly cynical of them.

Well, I guess I'm waiting even longer now.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, flyinj said:

Yes, they are 'cynically' continuing to sell the premium edition at 10% off, rather than putting the price up immediately...

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, flyinj said:

"cynical". Epic lel

1 hour ago, AndyJWest said:

Yes, they are 'cynically' continuing to sell the premium edition at 10% off, rather than putting the price up immediately...

How kind of them to allow me to pay $20 more instead of $30 more for 2 planes that I have no interest in purchasing, and giving me no option to purchase the standard edition hoping I'll just cave in and purchase the $70 version because I don't want to wait.

Nothing cynical about that at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Nobody is pointing a gun at you to purchase it. Just wait. They literally announced it will be available very soon. 

Why are you so cynical?

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

The way YOU are cynical here just shows everybody that you are not smart and friendly enough for this really great, helpful and friendly IL-2 community.

The great P-38 collector plane itself would be worth the few more money.....just for your info I bought nearly every content from the dev team to support them and keep the great content coming, so don’t be so pathetic to complain about getting the Premium content for a discounted price by 10$ off.

Something you need to realize very early in business is that you can´t make everyone happy. If you try to do it you will ultimatively fail. Being everybody´s darling equals to being everybody´s fool. The folks that are linguistically challenged can´t be helped and the folks who think they have to get everything on a discount can´t be helped either. Just don´t bother and move on.

They've done a huge amount of work on this and a brilliant job. They said the standard edition is coming so just wait. If you're impatient, pay more and support the team.

My guess is this person wants to purchase the non-deluxe version at a reduced early access price.

Sorry friend, that's not how it works. I recommend you take the plunge. the P-38 is the best plane in the whole package. Well worth the extra coin.

• Upvote 1

Cynical? 
There is no hidden agenda here. They run a business and got to earn money to pay salary. 
If you are a young man, apologize, but you come off like a giant ignorant troll. 
That is if you not a very young fellow that do not know better

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Why wouldn't you want the P-38J

Two engines  too complicated?😁

If he's just not interested in these two particular planes, there's nothing wrong with that. It would be stupid to pay any price for the content you're never going to use. I, for example, haven't touched any of the Russian planes in the sim and most of the German ones, including Me-262, not matter how "iconic" it is, simply because for me they might as well not exist at all.

That being said, I've never complained about this company's selling policy either. They must make money, but at the same time they seem to be smart and flexible enough to provide good options for all customers. If not right form the get go, you just have to be patient a little and wait for the acceptable offer, that's all.

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

It would be stupid to pay any price for the content you're never going to use.

I have this argument every time I order a burger and drink from a well known chain 🙂 

"Would you like to make that a meal for 1p more and get fries with it?"   

"No thanks. I don't like your fries."

"But it is only 1p more."

"Why would I pay you 1p to take your fries and put them in your bin?"

And they still look confused by my refusal 🙄

I very rarely have any interest in the Axis collector planes but the pre-release discount means I am not actually paying for it and I like having the other aircraft as they are released.  I actually thought I would probably have no interest in the P38 so it was not guaranteed that I would buy the Premium edition on pre-release but I was wrong about it and it is actually surprisingly good for dropping a large bomb load then still having a very capable fighter after.

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

If he's just not interested in these two particular planes, there's nothing wrong with that. It would be stupid to pay any price for the content you're never going to use.

Premium BoBP is currently sold at 69,99 early access (EA)

once they switch to normal pricing it will be

Premium BoBP at 79,99

Standard BoBP at 49,99

If he can´t afford the 20,00 difference between EA and Standard, he will have to wait until Standard is offered. If he then later decides to buy the D9 and P-38, he will have to pay 20,00 each, which will bring him in total to 89,99 for the Premium content, which he now can still buy for 69,99. It is of course his decision, because it is his money, but not buying the EA edition right now is stupid, IMHO.

I think he got the right buying what he want. 
but coming in here stating the devs are cynical because he cant buy what he want right now is bloody unacceptable. 

14E38AD9-FFBA-4BBE-A796-338B974467E7.jpeg

Edited by No.322_LuseKofte

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

If he then later decides to buy the D9 and P-38, he will have to pay 20,00 each, which will bring him in total to 89,99 for the Premium content, which he now can still buy for 69,99.

You missed the fact that he does not want a D9 or P38 so paying $69.99 for something that costs $49.99 is not a bargain 🙂    Even if he later decides to get a P38 he will not have paid anything extra,  he will just have spread the cost.   I do agree though that he is wrong to call it 'cynical' to keep offering a discount instead of going to full price.