123UKoxo-uk

the one thing that was really needed ..

As far as I can see the gun sighting is not fixed at all ..  somewhat disappointing in that respect  ... it makes tank Crew unplayable for me at the moment , as the missions progress it gets worse and worse and has a mind of its own ...

hope i have missed something  :(  and its a setting  

atb oxo

Edited by 123UKoxo-uk
  • Sad 1

yep, not fixed …. whe can send then a book ,,, How do i keep my customers satisfied ,...…...😤

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Like 1

TBH, I didn't really count on it.:joy: At least they fixed the returning of the turret to 12 o'clock. So for me one out of three. So maybe in two more updates I will start playing TC again.

For me the biggest issue are the missing binoculars for the commander.:pilot:

The reloading bug for the turret machinegun is also still there.:hunter:

• Like 1

Vertical gun aiming speeds on all player-controlled vehicles were made realistic according to their correct reduction ratios and the handwheel rotation speed which is the same for all vehicles   🤣:huh::dash:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

At least they fixed the returning of the turret to 12 o'clock.

When leaving the gunners position to commander the turret will stay in position, ok, but when returning to gunner the turret is moving back to zero position automatically! 

For me thats only a half fix ...

As well I was hoping for a fix of that weird aiming and possible, but we only get theses senseless radio chats. 

• Like 1

A geared cranking system will start and stop when the wheel is turned for traverse or elevation ,

An electric motor traverse system will stop almost,  and most probably immediately too ..  an electric motor with gears turning a heavy turret is a high friction bit of kit . I was watching an 88 flak going through its paces of elevation and traverse at the victory show in the uk ...(Bruce Crompton collection )  it was very accurate from all inputs , and quick too

An  electro/ hydraulic system much the same .

so why the constant swaying , continued movement  with lack of elevation or depression sometimes ??? .. it is a mess , I can sort of get it to work , but it is a real game killer , it will be the cause of many dropping the game ..

it would be nice of I could operate the traverse with my rudder brakes , and elevation with mouse or keys , with the turret stopping when I stop input , and elevation /depression the same .. it did work , now it does not ... and that awful aiming help floating around ... 

it needs fixing .. end of !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhA51aL6euQ

• Like 1

S! 

Would not require much to get it right. Bovington in UK has Tiger etc. They can provide information for sure. And devs are not far from their tank museum in Kubinka having a lot of tanks, like the only surviving Maus. Should not be hard to get access for a team making such a patriotic game...

During original IL-2 there was this legendary slogan: Be sure, you is wrong. One of Oleg's undying verses. With BoX there is a new one: We have the best engine in the business. :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, I./ZG1_feuervogel said:

When leaving the gunners position to commander the turret will stay in position, ok, but when returning to gunner the turret is moving back to zero position automatically! 

For me thats only a half fix ...

As well I was hoping for a fix of that weird aiming and possible, but we only get theses senseless radio chats. 

I totally agree with you, it's not a real  fix ... but half a fix. Is there really nobody in the design team who understands what's going on?

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

Is it possible you guy can but a video up because I still  can't see the problem and the gun going back to 12 o clock is a common place for the gun I all ways put the gun back to this position in games

It is impossible to me to make good aims with the gunner gun sight in VR. The sight is moving constantly with noises and even you can look out of it. I don't know how to do this, but in VR it should be totally not moving. The tank is what it moves, or the turret but not the eye in relation of the sight. As said, in VR is a nightmare.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, LLv34_Flanker said:

With BoX there is a new one: We have the best engine in the business. :P

Early Access

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Early Access

It is Luke ... for sure and we all know and appreciate that .. however it is a very off putting step the devs have taken , that said as I sit and fiddle around with it I am get used to it and regaining the feel again ,  :)  ..

atb oxo