Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

I'm glad you got your issues worked out with VR, I know you were having some pretty severe frustrations earlier.

Thanks, funny how one patch can come along sometimes and throw a curved ball for some.  However, this team are tops and the official release bodes well I think.

Happy landings,

Talisman

13 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

But are there in the Editor

Yes

image.png.85f539a6212bfa76377150e27b042a9f.png

Edited by No_85_Gramps
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

Yes, all of those things you couldn't find are there. Look through the artillery and vehicle sections of the FME.

3 hours ago, beneG said:

When you follow something there will be an error as you do not fly in exact position you need to. This error will amplify on each step if you fly not after one leader but after plane in front of you. If we do as you say we would have troubles with oscillating wingmans.

Fly PWCG and you can see, that we already have this. I constantly have to reduce power, because the aircraft flying in front of me reduces power as soon as I get into the formation. When I reduced power he throttles up, of course with max power, as he exactly knows when to reduce to stop at the right position. It is a constant forward backward. It could never get worse with AI was following me instead of the AI in front of me.

• Upvote 2

On 11/11/2019 at 3:25 AM, CrazyJow said:

I wanted to attach this one... I didn't change a thing I promise. When I saw it though.. I laughed so hard and my first thought was god damn il2 no chill at all

58794810.75000003_2019_11_10__7_51_18.thumb.jpg.938abdd8f664e899384c9bff7379abcc.jpg

That means you’ll have to ram your opponent when you’re about to lose.

2 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

You need to check the editor with every release at this stage.

We don’t always get a heads-up from the Devs about these things when they’re this busy.

48 minutes ago, Styx13 said:

Dear Developers, Founders, 

Strange to me that there is no answer related to the some crucial points, such as AI (1), communication (2), campaign-progress (3). I don't care about the representation of US guns and Tu-2, but these three issues seem to be important for many user. Do you have any plans?  

1. AI is a piece of (…): WWII air combat based on team-work, so the cooperation between and in the squads was essential. In any of your WWII sims there is no cooperation, air combat separated to single events, with stupid teammates, and acrobatic enemies. So this - previously Rising Flight - AI okay in Flying Circus. If you don't have time/money to develop a usable AI, please give us back the old IL-2: 1946 version.   

2. Radio communication is ridiculous. Do you really think that the pilots communicatied each other with hand signs and signal rockets at the end of WWII??? At the very beginning some planes were equipped with holes in the windshield for flare pistols, but using flare pistols in 1944-45 can result a self destruction.

3. Campaign progress basically unusable. If you fly with your team, half of your squadron mates dies, fall into captivity or become wounded. While you can destroy several planes they achieve zero. When the mission is an automated proceedure (you are not involved), your teammates become aces, claiming many victories, suffering zero casualties, etc. How can it be?

I've bought one Il-2 software to another (in a hope that there will be some development in the simming experience step-by-step ), spent approx. 250 bucks, and nothing has changed in these core issues. Many thanks and hope you can solve these problems (the sooner the better).     

The last few updates have had AI tweaks and they have a dedicated programmer attached to it right now. You can read about it in the patch notes and dev diaries. They have also stated that the career and map will continue to be improved.

If you want to play Il-2 1946 it still exists, I don't know why you think the devs need to 'give it back'. The AI there was easier to program as it used a simplified flight model (which resulted in its own absurdities). You can't just take the AI from another game engine wholesale and plug it into another sim, if you could things would be a lot easier.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

... You can't just take the AI from another game engine wholesale and plug it into another sim, if you could things would be a lot easier.

Not to mention boring.  Currently I don't like the "merry-go-round and round and round" AI when trying to shoot them down, they turn tighter and it takes a lot of patience to get them, probably more than a real life pilot would expend but if you can get them to break they act pretty good I think.  I'm hoping there can be an improvement but, like in the air, I'll be patient.  At least the B-25 doesn't do barrel rolls and attack fighters after dropping their bombs like in 46. 🙄

I'm also not satisfied with the AI in the sim, although I can only imagine how difficult it is to get this right. Particularly because if you read a lot of history or memoirs from fighter pilots in the era, most air to air kills were not the result of courtly dueling, they were closer to a mugging. By which I mean that a pilot higher up saw an enemy plane who had no idea he was there, swooped down, shot him down, and then RTB'ed. 

But in a game, even a "sim," the player expectation is that if he is flying a fighter plane, he is going to do a lot of dog fighting. So how do you program AI to be "simulated," with all the implications that word brings, but to also be a fun game? My criticism of the current AI (though I have not flown since the latest update) is it doesn't really do either very well. Hopefully the latest update did improve it and it continues to improve going forward. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Yes, all of those things you couldn't find are there. Look through the artillery and vehicle sections of the FME.

Thanks. I found them. Vehicles and artillery. With all those acronyms I just did not see them. Well done devs.

If it could be possible to have for every editor object a larger picture displayed that would be nice. 

6 hours ago, Styx13 said:

Do you really think that the pilots communicate each other with hand signs and signal rockets at the end of WWII??? At the very beginning some planes were equipped with holes in the windshield for flare pistols, but using flare pistols in 1944-45 can result a self destruction.

Me 262s were equipped with signal flare launchers (and used them) so...yes. Plenty of other examples out there of flare pistols being used right up to the war's end, if you can be bothered to look for the info.

• Like 1

Dear LukeFF, 

I'm afraid you don't understand what I've written. 

Flare pistols were used primary for identification, not for communication in WWII. Secondary: flare pistols were used in emergency situations. 

Me 262 has a flare pistol hole in its windshield? I don't think so. 

But all of these does not change that the communication platform and the AI is wrong in any of BOS, BOM, BOK, BOBP.

• Confused 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

i no comprende?

yes been hearing a lot about Im right next to you then fire guns and wallah he's there next to me.

Combat box server seems to have somehow fixed this on their server. Now I can enjoy the game and actually see other aircraft on their wonderful server. 

Just now, Sneaksie said:

Small update 4.001c is live:

- Heinkel forward gunner returned to the cockpit;

- Artillery should appear normally in multiplayer;

- Ten Days of Autumn campaign: aircraft appear and disappear according to the new visibility distance;
- Ten Days of Autumn campaign: the movement of all transport and armored columns has been corrected, there are more of them and they are larger;
- Ten Days of Autumn campaign: the mission logic has been corrected in missions 8 and 15;
- Ten Days of Autumn campaign: other minor improvements.

Any Flying Circus bug fixes?  This game does NOT seem ready for release.  Definitely still appears to be in beta.

• Upvote 3

Patience, Devs work hard to solve bugs and improve already released products

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Download speeds have improved significantly for me of late.

For me as well, up to 3.5 mbps whereas previously I was getting 500 kbps or so.

• Upvote 1

Had my first run with the tank scripted campaigns... and I gotta say, this game has a completely different feel from the ground...

its really awesome watching the aerial battles from below, and seeing bombers hitting their targets in the distance...

and stressful when you have an IL-2 lined up on you with rockets...

my my only frustrations have to do with the camera head movement and commanding.  And in fact these go both with each other...

moving the curser to point to a target or movement order... eeeeehhhhh....  it could be much more fluid... 

I’m not sure but can/does the commander have binoculars. And if not, can we get them? I think it would be a better way to point to objectives and give orders, instead of a ring on the screen..

aside from that... holy anxiety when you see those incoming rounds!!??  

There are some texturing issues on the Flying Circus Caquot balloon I noticed last night. Now its driving me mad. 😖😄

2019_11_13__6_9_50.thumb.jpg.4530939f20d5e8e03b6f2e8a57884884.jpg

• Haha 1

Comrade Virtual aviators,

The venerable Mig 3: In Soviet Russia, 20mm SHVAK cannons make big bang-bang, Yes?

Has anybody else noticed this: 20mm SHVAK cannons. No cannon sound?

Admittedly I only flew a quick mission in Moscow battles, not career mode before coming out to work, but definitely not sounding like the devastating SHVAK aka Stalin's Hammer. Still did it's job pulverizing a pair of fascist Me110s bombing my airfield, but very quietly.

SHVAKs seem okay on other aircraft so far, like the I16

Devs: Very Well Done. Everything is a little smoother so far, clouds look great and my trackhat works better too. Damage model seems better, with more debris flying off enemies. Collect keys from Comrade Stalin's secretary for the Black Sea Dacha and ZIL motor car as reward from a grateful virtual motherland.

Edited by Reggie_Mental
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 6:06 PM, YuriAzrel said:

Hey guys, i kind of encountered a big bug in the bodenplatte career. I'm flying for the No.127 RAF squadron, and apparently in the RAF, you get dragged out of the sick bay and strapped into a spitfire for an afternoon bombing mission, along with your dead flight lead remains and whatever's left no.3. My career is stuck here since if i click start mission, IL-2 crashes from this massive violation of basic human rights, like the right to stay dead XD.

2019_11_11__16_41_10.png

2019_11_11__16_42_36.png

sketch-1573800838891.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

sketch-1573800838891.png

Who knew the famous stiff upper lip of the British was actually just rigor mortis?

• Haha 1

Not sure devs saw my post on ru-forum. I'll post it here.

Dear devs, do you have any plans to plant spruces and pines in Ardennes like on Moscow map?

Please note, that for spruces and pines you don't need remove leaves in winter.

Pls. see below how looked Ardennes in winter 1944/45 г - spruces and pines are everythere

Ardennen1.thumb.jpg.9df7e443f52fa0a55c4c1f426bb025be.jpg  1242488392_woodsofWallerodeBelgium..thumb.jpg.622575bff5b8dac71286752f4b182918.jpg  3.thumb.jpg.6e403480be9e23ad816b668fb29e342c.jpg4.jpeg.1ba26db80143a093e4ece8fdfcf1a436.jpeg

5.thumb.jpeg.f9c56889741789b010ed98799444ea9e.jpeg  6.jpg.283fcf847c9daf4261159ade134c8b73.jpg  7.thumb.jpeg.29b2f7de04a6e4666ceb3e19d16cecd6.jpeg  8.jpg.2b3523b68c213eb591e88830424ae7ea.jpg

And here what we've got. Leaves on threes in winter. No spruces, no pines..:

9.thumb.jpg.11c27bccc23925931539761705e9a248.jpg  10.thumb.jpg.f076e9fb14ea57b1b82ae7b7e5ef2da1.jpg

Moscow map looks much better...:

11.thumb.jpg.f41c72bffa9bf07a29ada5d33e2e4fb8.jpg

Edited by Lofte
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Does anybody else think 4.001 is not ready and should have "stayed in the oven" longer ?

I played Rheinland Careerand on Hard/Medium Density and my main problem is stuttering which is significantly worse than Battle of Kuban.

Also parked aircraft can no longer be destroyed, which is a major disappointment to me, because that's how I was raking in most of my kills.

I had some good moments in the Rheinland career too, but overall I will wait until it receives much needed polish, and play Stalingrad/Kuban in the meantime.

2 hours ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Does anybody else think 4.001 is not ready and should have "stayed in the oven" longer ?

I played Rheinland Careerand on Hard/Medium Density and my main problem is stuttering which is significantly worse than Battle of Kuban.

Also parked aircraft can no longer be destroyed, which is a major disappointment to me, because that's how I was raking in most of my kills.

I had some good moments in the Rheinland career too, but overall I will wait until it receives much needed polish, and play Stalingrad/Kuban in the meantime.

As we have said the Career is not completely finished and will be improved over time. 

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Hi, i play right now career of 487th FS. Now i am on 11 January 1945. First, bad is that other planes arent on bluenosed skin :( I think it declares the mission, only me. And next, how real is 1 January 1945? Not to much axis planes. And nothing attacked Y-29. Ist Any mission from real? Thanks for your work guys, 

On 11/18/2019 at 11:22 PM, Jason_Williams said:

As we have said the Career is not completely finished and will be improved over time. 

Jason

Does this mean Campaign missions will be improved? As of right now 98% of the US missions seem to be either bomb airfield, truck column or artiliery position with a free hunt thrown in once in a blue moon. As well as overwhelming amount of axis fighters. I just did a P-38 mission with easy and scrathered air and no lie something like 12 BF-109's jumped my 4 ship formation. Those 2 issues really have killed my interest in the battle of the rhineland campaign. I'm an SP only player so its quite disappointing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, OREL_Shifty said:

Hi, i play right now career of 487th FS. Now i am on 11 January 1945. First, bad is that other planes arent on bluenosed skin :( I think it declares the mission, only me. And next, how real is 1 January 1945? Not to much axis planes. And nothing attacked Y-29. Ist Any mission from real? Thanks for your work guys, 

I agree with you, when you pick a skin the whole formation should have those squad colors

I dont post here very much and i dont play the game constantly although i have been a IL2 faithful customer since the day it came out many years ago,purchased Boden last night, man i loove it,thank you so much for a beautiful game,love that glistening aluminum on the P47 and the 51, although i have always favored German planes the most, i can tell ill be spending a lot of time with the Mustang,man that plane handles like its on rails and love how the machine guns sound like a industrial shredder.

love the 262 also,that plane sure can pull and i can see why Galland made that quote and the 47 T has also been one of my most favorite planes ever and getting the chance to fly it today was ecstasy, thanks again,also very happy with the flaps and landing gear noises,Ive never been a big fan before of those sounds in the game overall but with Bodenplatte everything sounds great, i just felt like in previous versions they were too quiet (jmho), again very happy and thank you much!!  (Meant to say the new planes sound great and not Bodenplatte )

Edited by Praetorious
Add to content
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, onlyforbrian said:

I agree with you, when you pick a skin the whole formation should have those squad colors

Delete everyone from the flight save yourself, customize your loadout including the skin, then re-add the squad. 

Only works if your the lead though. 

I usually start careers as lead and only assign myself as wingman if I want to be a wingman. Gives a lot of flexibility in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Walking Dead Turret Gunners

20191121171016_1.thumb.jpg.689fb7a860a86bf888384cc647ad189e.jpg20191121171032_1.thumb.jpg.ed08da3836c363af20ba161341b02f0f.jpg

The head and feet thing

20191122171317_1.thumb.jpg.035a4679929e53df07eda0fceab6b78c.jpg20191119212404_1.thumb.jpg.96d726696708e1d4de92c97149476df3.jpg

Dead Ai Pilots disappear from their planes after their death

20191121211329_1.thumb.jpg.30c54107936c7c305e22e5d4bd03d1b7.jpg

Not sure how long it need to fix bugs properly? The point ->  I have enough to read always " We improved it over time "

For example, these Ai Turret Gunners shoot back accurate even when their plane spin down with only one wing or burn like fire. How to kill "Walking Dead Turret Gunners" - see above even his head comes out the plane to track you better.......................

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I must admit many missing static planes have been added to the ME with this update, but after having triple checked I cannot find the La5 as a  static version.

If it is indeed missing then please in the next update could you add it? Many thanks.

7 hours ago, Livai said:

Walking Dead Turret Gunners

20191121171016_1.thumb.jpg.689fb7a860a86bf888384cc647ad189e.jpg20191121171032_1.thumb.jpg.ed08da3836c363af20ba161341b02f0f.jpg

The head and feet thing

20191122171317_1.thumb.jpg.035a4679929e53df07eda0fceab6b78c.jpg20191119212404_1.thumb.jpg.96d726696708e1d4de92c97149476df3.jpg

Dead Ai Pilots disappear from their planes after their death

20191121211329_1.thumb.jpg.30c54107936c7c305e22e5d4bd03d1b7.jpg

Not sure how long it need to fix bugs properly? The point ->  I have enough to read always " We improved it over time "

For example, these Ai Turret Gunners shoot back accurate even when their plane spin down with only one wing or burn like fire. How to kill "Walking Dead Turret Gunners" - see above even his head comes out the plane to track you better.......................

Be patient, like a good wine you need time in the cellar to improve and become exquisite. From time to time you try one bottle to see what is its maturity stage. We are just at 6 year, which is still young for a good Bordeaux. Give it another six years and it will start to become just ready to taste.  🙂 

Edited by IckyATLAS

55 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

Be patient, like a good wine you need time in the cellar to improve and become exquisite. From time to time you try one bottle to see what is its maturity stage. We are just at 6 year, which is still young for a good Bordeaux. Give it another six years and it will start to become just ready to taste.  🙂 

So you say we should quit playing IL-2 for the next six years and then try again?:o:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

So you say we should quit playing IL-2 for the next six years and then try again?:o:

No, you are thinking of DCS.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Ha...if only they were that quick about things. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

If you check with attention what I said you will see that I mentioned about tasting a bottle from time to time. Those bottles are guess what the various BOX releases and major updates.

So do not quit playing, but taste the various releases from time to time so as to keep a regular and steady stamina level in your blood. Flying and shooting skills will become excellent. 😉

19 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

If you check with attention what I said you will see that I mentioned about tasting a bottle from time to time. Those bottles are guess what the various BOX releases and major updates.

So do not quit playing, but taste the various releases from time to time so as to keep a regular and steady stamina level in your blood. Flying and shooting skills will become excellent. 😉

Don't worry mate, I just held it with Emil: Jetzt machen wir auch einmal einen Gag (unfortunately I don't know how to show the schwyzer dütsch in writing):biggrin:

10 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I woke up one morning with a great idea.. I deleted DCS...what a piece of cr*p unless you're willing to spend several hundred dollars... IL2 will do just fine

• Haha 1