Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

5 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

LOL Easy my man - let's not get carried away with the glue/gasoline or whatever you are sniffing. You cannot possible think X-plane and IL-2 GB are on the same stratosphere. Don't get me wrong, IL-2 GB is money well spent. However, for what you get in X-plane/P3D/FSX you have to admit, that's blowing a tad too much smoke up their woohaas :wacko:

Or, let him have his own experience, opinion on the matter without feeling like you have to refute it for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, BlackSix said:

No, they didn't take part in the current battles on the Eastern front (BoS, BoK). They were used in the Kursk battle but we've no any plans to do the career for the Belgorod map.

I always thought B-25s saw some limited action in the Kuban area, because there are B-25 claims by III./JG 52 during late April and June 1943. Maybe a misidentification by Luftwaffe pilots?

Since you mentioned you're reading these posts to get members ideas,  I hope your next project will be in the Pacific theater, with carrier operations,  and great planes, 4f4s, 6f6s, Dauntlass, Avenger, 4fu, flyable B25, zekes, Bettys, etc etc. you already have a great base to work off with the original IL2 Pacific Fighters. I can't wait to fly these planes in VR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Not really a bug or a problem.

The real soldiers crossed front lines too.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Well... yes... and also flak, train, artilery and balloon 😄

S!

Just in order to have quick look at the career mode I am setting up a career (and going to use that career later). I've not used the Great Battles version before. Just the Rise of Flight version. And I've a quick question that I could not find an answer for when using the forum search. Seems a waste to create a thread just for this so asking here;

When choosing my starting unit for the career some squadrons have a green cross next to thier emblem. What does this mean?

You can choose to play units with green cross, units without green cross are AI squadrons.

• Upvote 1

Ah thanks, I indeed see that now, when clicking through them and reading what squadron histories existed I missed the fact that some of them did not have the "join this unit" button. Assumed all those visible were joinable and that the non-joinable ones were hidden but would be shown on the map once the career was created.

Edited by Oliver88

Now that we have Flying Circus and BOBp that are both on the western front it is time to talk again about barrage balloons.

On the eastern front barrage balloons were not much used and I understand that the ones available in the editor were mainly for Moscow but anyway they are fixed and could not be shot down. There were made to be seen from afar and as Moscow could not be overflown fine.

On the western front there were used much more mainly during WWI, but also somewhat less in WWII.

Could we have them in german and allied versions but in an active and  shootable form. By active I mean that the steel cable be a physical cable that would cut through a biplane, and shootable so that when shot down it would go down in flames. That would add an interesting target.

Instead of a new collector plane why not add a set of balloons as a collector item. It would have perfectly its place in a simulator like this and surely all the players of Flying Circus would love to have them.

Just make a "caquot"  version without insignia and nacelle and it is fine for WWII BOBp. Easy add-on.

Edited by IckyATLAS

25 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

Now that we have Flying Circus and BOBp that are both on the western front it is time to talk again about barrage balloons.

On the eastern front barrage balloons were not much used and I understand that the ones available in the editor were mainly for Moscow but anyway they are fixed and could not be shot down. There were made to be seen from afar and as Moscow could not be overflown fine.

On the western front there were used much more mainly during WWI, but also somewhat less in WWII.

Could we have them in german and allied versions but in an active and  shootable form. By active I mean that the steel cable be a physical cable that would cut through a biplane, and shootable so that when shot down it would go down in flames. That would add an interesting target.

Instead of a new collector plane why not add a set of balloons as a collector item. It would have perfectly its place in a simulator like this and surely all the players of Flying Circus would love to have them.

Collector items?? , yes ! I want my fur, warm letter boots and alcohol tin. 😄 ,how without those I can stay at 15000ft and manage to hunt the Hun.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

6 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

I always thought B-25s saw some limited action in the Kuban area, because there are B-25 claims by III./JG 52 during late April and June 1943. Maybe a misidentification by Luftwaffe pilots?

Could easily be A-20s. High winged radial engined bombers with chunky flat-sided fuselages and big glass noses. If you've never seen one up close before it's an easy mixup

1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Could easily be A-20s. High winged radial engined bombers with chunky flat-sided fuselages and big glass noses. If you've never seen one up close before it's an easy mixup

Not really. Large single vertical stabilizer of the A 20 versus small double stabilizers of the B 25. It would be much more likely to mix the A 20 with the B 26.

36 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Not really. Large single vertical stabilizer of the A 20 versus small double stabilizers of the B 25. It would be much more likely to mix the A 20 with the B 26.

Doesn't mean it wasn't claimed that way - and Combat pilots in WWII didn't have all the knowledge of enemy air frames that we have and especially obviously no idea which type exactly will be used in what area by the enemy. And you only get a glimpse of the enemy your shooting at while you concentrate on not getting killed...

In 1941 many Jagdflieger claimed I-16 as "Curtis" because it looked similar to P75 Hawks of the French...

Many Hurricanes were clamed as spitfires

Gallands 109 would almost have been claimed as spitfire

La-5s were often simply claimed as LaGGs

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Please look into issue with vertical stabilizer and elevators falling off for no reason. Noted in Bug Reports section.

I've had it happen both online and offline with 109K4 and 190A-8. Others report it on Spitfire and Me262.

Thank you.

I have this too.. Thought I was going mad ! At first thought I must have been overstressing the plane but then after the 5th or so times realise must be bug when flying straight and level also. Happens on FW190 A3 and 109's. Have found a pattern normally happens after switching off level autopilot after long flight. Most frustrating!! Hope someone looks into this. 

Many thanks for Il2 in general though!! superb sim! 

• Like 1

Here is the link to the bug report for vertical stabilizer loss including tracks, one of which occurred on takeoff:

Link: 

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Great news that the BOBP and FC have been released but I am a bit confused (doesn't take much). I can start a BOBP career but not an FC career although I have bought both well in advance. Am I missing something here?

There is no FC career... FC is multiplayer only.

The only single player content is messing around in the QMB.

There is Syn Vanders mission builder which you can use for FC however, plus Pat Wilson's PWCG which will give you a campaign environment... but these are third party applications that have to be downloaded.

To be clear, FC was never going to have a SP career, it 'may' receive one if it sells enough to warrant the dev's making FC2.

Ah right. I didn't realise. As the announcement said BOBP and FC released I thought that would mean career modes for both. Thanks for the info Trooper

• Upvote 1

4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit

Why? I was so happy that we cant hear those sounds finally and now we have it back🙄  I dont get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Doesn't mean it wasn't claimed that way - and Combat pilots in WWII didn't have all the knowledge of enemy air frames that we have and especially obviously no idea which type exactly will be used in what area by the enemy. And you only get a glimpse of the enemy your shooting at while you concentrate on not getting killed...

In 1941 many Jagdflieger claimed I-16 as "Curtis" because it looked similar to P75 Hawks of the French...

Many Hurricanes were clamed as spitfires

Gallands 109 would almost have been claimed as spitfire

La-5s were often simply claimed as LaGGs

When the Fw-190 first entered service the British assumed that French Hawks had been pressed into service

I’ve a question.  With all the new skins being developed for various squadrons of the combatants is there any way to provide these skins in Career mode?  I can do this in single player and campaign modes, but I’m at a loss for career mode.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

the punishment for bad luffewaffe bomber nose gunners is

bfogt-8jci8.jpg

I did think this one was funny😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

bfogt-8jci8.jpg

This is the wonder woman view, that some players want to have implemented.:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

bfogt-8jci8.jpg

Did anyone had a chance to check if this occurs for Ju-88 as well? I have a Ju-88 career in progress. Dieter, my navigator/bomber guy/nose gunner is a really good fella, a real pro. I made a lot of successful bombing runs thanks to him. If Ju-88 has this issue, I'll have to keep  it grounded. He didn't deserve to be treated like this.

Edited by Arthur-A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

hi guys, does anybody know if it is possible to continue German SP career from Kuban to Bodenpatte?

1 hour ago, Columbar said:

hi guys, does anybody know if it is possible to continue German SP career from Kuban to Bodenpatte?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Is anyone having this problem with the He-11H16?

He-111 gunner.jpg

It's been posted about all over the forums, including this very page. 🙂

12 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit

Why? I was so happy that we cant hear those sounds finally and now we have it back🙄  I dont get it.

+1

3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Yes

It's been posted about all over the forums, including this very page. 🙂

You're right.  Next time I will read through the entire forum before asking a question to see if it's been addressed before.  How lazy of me.

• Haha 3

Anyone else had issues with overwhelming amount of axis fighters? I've been playing the P-38/51 campaign(s) and I'll fly to the AO only to find upwards of 10+ 109/190's . No real way to escape either. For instance I was the only allied fighters in the air assigned to attack an column of vehicles, (again I'm only 1 of 4 P-38's) I drop my bombs and jumped right away as I pull up by no less than 10 bf-109's. Then if you're able to get away they'll literally follow and shoot you down as you land. They followed me for no less than 25 mins on my return home flight. I didn't realize they were still back there and shot me down as I landed.

I am very disappointed that nothing has been done to restore the visibility that we had before.

• Upvote 1

I LOVE this game. Thank you to the team who put this together. From a modest player in Winterpeg - this is my go to game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrazyJow said:

Anyone else had issues with overwhelming amount of axis fighters? I've been playing the P-38/51 campaign(s) and I'll fly to the AO only to find upwards of 10+ 109/190's . No real way to escape either. For instance I was the only allied fighters in the air assigned to attack an column of vehicles, (again I'm only 1 of 4 P-38's) I drop my bombs and jumped right away as I pull up by no less than 10 bf-109's. Then if you're able to get away they'll literally follow and shoot you down as you land. They followed me for no less than 25 mins on my return home flight. I didn't realize they were still back there and shot me down as I landed.

I have noticed this often in the career mode on the Russian maps when I flew my trusty IL-2, obviously it happens on all and is not selective.

I concluded the sim had decided it was time for me to die and it would do that any way it could by diverting every available Luftwaffe aircraft to my position to ensure even if I survived over the mission area I would not get home.:lol:

This is why I prefer to play scripted campaigns.;)

It must have been programed into the mission logic but why?  Early on in the Axis attack into Russia they did have overwhelming air superiority, maybe the development team thought then that they would would never make a module for anywhere else so it was appropriate there and would be okay.:o:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

19 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Yes, would be nice to have this optionally, so the player can select how he/she wants to have it. Realistic, so he/she can't hear sounds the pilots IRL didn't hear over the roaring 1500+ to engine(s), or Hollywood arcade style, with hearing everything around, like when I fly 110 missions in PWCG from parking position, and can hear the brakes of next 110 over my running engines, when it turns away from the parking position.:dash:

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:37 AM, Han said:

4.001b

Dear customers,

As always, we pay much attention to improve the quality of your game. Therefore, as soon as possible we have prepared a small hot fix update to fix problems that were quickly identified after the release of version 4.001b. In particular:

1. In the Pilot's Career: fixed removal of awards when receiving the award of the next level;
2. In the Pilot's Career: fixed the lack of texts of titles and descriptions of awards when using languages other than English and Russian;
3. In the Tank Crew: fixed invisible Soviet tanks crewmans;
4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit;
5. In the Flying Circus: Fokker Dr.I and SPAD 13.C1 aircraft pitch control is returned to its previous state;
6. In the Flying Circus: in the quick mission, the time from approaching to the balloon to the start of its emergency descent is increased;
7. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using machine guns and autocannons;
8. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using rockets.

I guess I'm a noob but bought an entry level gaming computer some time ago after watching Sherrif's vids on YT. Immediately got on BOS and loved it and now we have BOBP. You guys rock. 

Dear Team, 

Everything is okay, and nice, and thank you and whatever. I don't wanna kill myself here, with a little criticism, but let me highlight a couple of thing which hasn't change for ages. 

- NO change in the AI at all (in Bodenplatte for eg.). (See ground attack, when your squadron mates don't attack, they are heading home with full ammo. Se the way of fight in WWII. And many more example.)

- NO change in the radio communication/squadron control/leading/cooperation at all. (My team members shit on my orders. This is still the old and obsolete Rise of Flight stile stuff, but using gestures at he end of WWII?? Come on!)

- NO change in the individual squadron related numbers and skins. (No numbers, individual markings on the planes etc.) 

I am sorry to point out these things, but these were working in the old Il-2 and I miss the better playability, closer to the real ambience of WWII air combat.

Thanks for "hearing" me. Best regards.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Styx13 said:

Dear Team, 

Everything is okay, and nice, and thank you and whatever. I don't wanna kill myself here, with a little criticism, but let me highlight a couple of thing which hasn't change for ages. 

- NO change in the AI at all (in Bodenplatte for eg.). (See ground attack, when your squadron mates don't attack, they are heading home with full ammo. Se the way of fight in WWII. And many more example.)

- NO change in the radio communication/squadron control/leading/cooperation at all. (My team members shit on my orders. This is still the old and obsolete Rise of Flight stile stuff, but using gestures at he end of WWII?? Come on!)

- NO change in the individual squadron related numbers and skins. (No numbers, individual markings on the planes etc.) 

I am sorry to point out these things, but these were working in the old Il-2 and I miss the better playability, closer to the real ambience of WWII air combat.

Yes I had the same in a p-47 campaign, I gave order to attack ground objects,

the mission was airfield attack,I dropped my bombs got two parked ju-52,

my squad mates flew over airfield did not drop their bombs,anyway we flew back and got bounced by some fw190,they dropped their bombs into woodland.

this is an old problem many people talk about, yes the AI are heaps better now,but fighter bombers returning back to base with there bombs ( really !! )

anyone know the command to get your wing mates to attack, ( would the command do as I do work )

is there a certain procedure we have to follow, anybody know?

is there a certain formation we have to use to issue to are flight?

i know the AI logic is very complicated, is it just hit or miss if they attack or not.

3 hours ago, Styx13 said:

Dear Team, 

x2.

These are things why i dont play as often anymore, i am always dissapointed after couple missions. Kind of kills The vibe when you Escort stukas, they dont drop bombs and just cirle like idiots and then half of our team circles to The ground. And AI is very passive, their attacking is so lame and i dont feel like im at dancer at all. 

Radio comms are just rubbish, no matter what i say i dont feel like it chances nothing, ai just noobs around. They dont attack when i say, i cant control my wingman separately and on middle of dogfight i hear "mission accomplished we are heading home on The radio". AI doesnt even answer to my comms.

These kill the immersion and i dont feel like im in battle, i feel like im in bug ridden video game and im trying all to get my team to do something. I allways have to kill everything, my whole team gets maybe one kill If they are lucky. 

For those reasons im not buying anything until we have even nearly as good ai and radio comms as in 1946. There i always got respond, My team really punched hard and whole radio system was just thousand times better.

• Upvote 6

Dear Members, Dear Developers, 

I absolutely agree with you (henri290). It is high time to decide what the game wanna be? What is the purpose of the developers?

Now it is almost an arcade style "Word of IL-2" not a professional (historically driven) combat sim, like its predecessor, Il-2: 1946 was.

It seems to me that the sources were fragmented into three direction (Flying Circus, Prohorovka, Bodenplatte) without finishing any of the topics. For what? I am ready pay twice as much for one software if there is a chance of creating an accurate WWII combat sim. 

I am quite disappointed, and I afraid we have to wait for ages till those deficiencies will be solved. I'm sure there are plans for new topics (for eg. Afrika) instead of optimizing the existing ones.   

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Agree really hope the sim factor some how comes back, feels more E sport multiplayer than old school Ww2 sim currently.  Please spend time on the major core issues.  Give the shiny objects a rest.

• Upvote 4