Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

So there I was see …. in my club enjoying a G&T (plural) and some banter with the chaps when this telegram arrives …. from my batman! "Sir, FC has been updated."  Gosh! Down the cakehole went the drink, grabbed my swagger stick and off I bolted. Well, more like a stagger really. Must get to my quarters! Hailed a motorised taxicab and informed the driver to "move it chum!" So there we were barrelling down the high street at 12mph making good time. After a few more nips and half an hour I alighted outside my quarters and shouted to my batman "boot the bally pc up Jenkins!"  I then proceeded swiftly up the stairs.

1501722547_walkingstairs.gif.e445a82a92fbafd1eb5c2ecf9939d628.gif

Well done IL2 chaps! You'll not let us down. FC onward and upward hoorah!

• Like 3
  • Haha 16
  • Upvote 1

Currently away from home for another 5 days and have already got a headache trying to decide what order to try all the new goodies in. Bloody devs,I think it is about time they slowed down with their releases or just release ONE item every 6 months. All those in favour say aye. 

A Nonny Mouse

5 hours ago, =GW=a7610783 said:

When Pimax of FFR function will be fixed? My 2080ti like a decoration

Also patiently awaiting FFR issues to be resolved for my RTX2080.

There though is the probability that FFR issues relate to SteamVR itself rather than Il2.  I know SteamVR Home is FUBAR with FFR enabled - I will test DCS which I just recently pulled down to have a look at and see how FFR goes in that.

As for the release - It is a great step up from the Devs - still a few issues to be tweaked but this is a great release.  Took a 109 G14  4 ship flight to intercept ground attackers on the Front and came up against a 4ship flight of P47's which were dealt with but they were covered by 12 or more Spit IXe's which was quite a daunting sight.  My flight shot down, P47's dealt with but one of my flight members put holes in me and I was the  only one to get back to base.

Mission brief though had me shown as shot down near the front by friendly fire even though it shows my return to base flight path.

VR is great but spotting at some settings is hard.

Anyway keep posting things that need refinement and to the Dev's a great big Thank You!

:yahoo:

Cheers to the devs.

Like some others here I am pleased to hear the words regarding Flying Circus. Flying Circus plus Bodenplatte were the turning point for me moving to Great Battles.

And I'm no longer working night shifts after this weekend so should have more time to sample these delights.

Starting to want to bang my head after every question about where the career for Flying Circus is though. I thought was rather clear that there was not going to be one, but seems not. And perhaps the descriptions for future modules now need to state what they do not have.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Oliver88
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

:yahoo:

Cheers to the devs.

Like some others here I am pleased to hear the words regarding Flying Circus. Flying Circus plus Bodenplatte were the turning point for me moving to Great Battles.

And I'm no longer working night shifts after this weekend so should have more time to sample these delights.

Time is definitely a key factor in enjoyment here :) I know I haven't had nearly enough time to really dig into each of the aircraft.

29 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Starting to want to bang my head after every question about where the career for Flying Circus is though. I thought was rather clear that there was not going to be one, but seems not. And perhaps the descriptions for future modules now need to state what they do not have.  :rolleyes:

No campaign or career mode was planned - that was right from the very first announcement. That prompted me to ask during one of my Q&A's with Jason what the team's plans were for single player. Right away, not too much, but I think they will build that side of things up as time goes on. See the full interview here: https://stormbirds.blog/2019/03/21/part-3-an-interview-with-jason-williams-on-tank-crew-and-flying-circus/

Thank you very much for your amazing work team. 
a few points for consideration 

still very difficult to see contacts. 

contacts and objects still disappear from sight when zooming at different ranges 

Western Europe snow coverings rarely are completely white. Most of the time one can see some green patches within the snow covered fields. 

MP still stuttering 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

No campaign or career mode was planned - that was right from the very first announcement. That prompted me to ask during one of my Q&A's with Jason what the team's plans were for single player. Right away, not too much, but I think they will build that side of things up as time goes on. See the full interview here: https://stormbirds.blog/2019/03/21/part-3-an-interview-with-jason-williams-on-tank-crew-and-flying-circus/

Indeed and thats the reason I am wanting to bang head on desk when it gets asked. And my comment on "descriptions needing to state what is not included" was a slight piss take at that, not a serious suggestion. The first announcement about the module, the store page not mentioning campaigns/careers (when the others do) plus your interviews, not to mention the numerous times the question has been asked before. :rolleyes:

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 1

The Clouds!  Not even any noticeable performance hit!  Awesome!  

Great job on the additional skins too!

Volume control on the radio! Sweet!   

Looks like I'll have to see about falling in with the FC heads and getting the most out of that too!  

Great job Devs!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Love love love! 

This whole paragraph especially: 

"Flying Circus - Volume 1 is now available in its fully planned state and all the remaining ground-based equipment of the First World War have been added in our new standard of visual quality. Observation balloons with observers who may leap from their post when under attack are also included now. A number of improvements were also made on the map, primarily to the front line. We hope that users who purchase this project will like the step forward in comparison with our previous title Rise of Flight, especially in the visual quality of aircraft and the environment that we, together with our partner Yugra Media, have created for you. Although the flight models generally correspond to the ones from Rise of Flight, many of the improvements that have been made over the past 7 years for Il-2 Sturmovik play a role in Flying Circus as well. Such improvements automatically benefit all projects within the framework of our one common game world and give a new, previously unavailable experience of virtual flight and combat in the First World War. All these new opportunities unfold in their fullest when playing with the use of virtual reality devices. FC includes so many new things - new landscape technology, new lighting and clouds, better sound, new AI and improved ballistics, new graphic effects and new materials for aircraft surfaces, new detailing of textures and models - all this and much more gives the virtual pilots of the First World War something that is not available anywhere else. We hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future and we thank those who have jumped into this new product so far!"

Be still my heart... 😍😁 Thank you so much to the whole Sturmovik team! Flying Circus was what got me to finally join the "Sturmovik universe" after being part of Rise of Flight for 7 years. I am so jazzed and excited to be a part of a new-generation WW1 flight sim that has the potential for continual development/improvement in the years to come as the Digital Warfare engine evolves. And thank you for mentioning that you guys hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future! 😃 From now on, I will shamelessly be talking you guys up and promoting Flying Circus to anyone who might want to buy it. And if there are any further volumes or collector aircraft, I'll be at the front of the line to buy in. 

Thanks a million guys! I'm more excited for the future in flight sims than I've been for years. 🤙

Anyone who owns an IL-2 module can hop in the Gunner seat during flying circus multiplayer. We have convinced three friends to buy the game from ten minutes as a Gunner alone lol. You should try it and give them a taste of the madness.

13 hours ago, Godspeed said:

Great downloading it now!

When does it come to Steam so i can ask my Bodenplatte Steam keys from Sturmovik Support?

Edit:

Tested Career Briefly and i like that Ju87 & FW 190 has night missions now.

I hope Kuban Bf 110G2 career got them too.

But most importantly i will start P-38 Career what i have long waited for 😍

Tomorrow i install my CH Flight Sim Yoke 🤗

Not bad for first flight got distinguished flying cross as well

20191107221033_1.thumb.jpg.36caf6d31a014a11d7c905247c23bfa6.jpg

Installing the same yoke for the same purpose ;)

Anybody else find the "buy" button on the B25??

IMG_20191108_002624.jpg

• Like 4

I have played almost every flight sim available. FS9, FSX, P3D, Falcon 4.0 AF, XPlane, DCS, you name it. BOX is by far the best sim I've seen. Congratulations devs. You have done exellent job! 

Edited by vino
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just had a quick sortie on WoL - was super smooth for me. Clouds are looking great! And thanks for improving prop spinning in VR. I didn't focus on it much, but I can definitely see the improvement.

Edited by Arthur-A

Great job devs.

Outstanding work. Love all your products!

• Like 1

:good:

Big congrats 1CGS on this official release!!
All sounding wonderful!

• Like 1

There're still some bugs there, but I'm glad to heard that they will focus on bobp&FC improvement until the end of 2019.

6 часов назад, Hopper64 сказал:

Yes, still there, but you guys have done a wonderful job. Thanks. I am sure this will be fixed soon. I noticed that the bug was not present in the record of the flight I made. The pilot was completely in the cockpit in the record itself.

1.jpg

Did you see any chat boxmessage when this happened?

New clouds are awesome!

I can finally destroy small ships with canon fire!

FPS is BACK!! no more 50 FPS, the game now runs smoothly again between 80 and 100 FPS again - AMEN!

Flight model of Tempest is even sweeter handling ?!

Small bug with ships wake being 'overrun' by wave simulations making for strange blue effects - ships wakes disappear and reappear at distance.

Terrain x,y,z bug remains - with terrain tiles and ground objects misaligned in game until restart and duplicate terrains. Pic shows terrain drawn at 1200ft above 'ground' !

Overcast clouds show distinct mini layers - kinda like DCS overcast clouds, maybe some fine tuning to happen?

Game crashes randomly to desktop...

Pilots in P-51 often pull a Kate Winslet in Titanic and stand up in seat with arms stretched out to sides holding a flare pistol?!

Otherwise, simply beautiful - I spend as much time flying to look as to fight!

Untitled.png

Edited by ImaginativeTruth
Pic attached
  • Like 1

64. When player exit a gunner seat the gun or MG is left in the last aiming position

LOL, yes, now the gun turns back to 12 o'clock position, when the player changes back position from commander to gunner. So we did not win anything. Are you guys kiddin' us.

Additionally the commanding menu only makes sense, when you play mainly or completely in commanders position, which does not make too much sense without binoculars.

Plus the erratic movement of the tank turrets make playing Tank Crew absolutely uninteresting. I am absolutely sad for BlackSix' scripted campaigns, but in the current state of the game, they will have to wait until,..who knows.

• Thanks 1

Great, thanks for your work! 
Be the first to test the new Tank Crew Commandant commands! 
Unfortunately, I have not read anything about a new pair of binoculars for the commander in Tank Crew 
but I hope it's in progress. 

Thanks Nelly2408
PS. My recommendation to all tankers the movie
(T-34 The Duel)

here the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xha1eUzVl8M

Great to have the final release, slow download but all seems to have installed okay for me, thank you very much to all involved, really appreciated.:drinks:

I fly very little these days but just had to try the various seasonal maps for Rhineland, awesome work guys.:cool:

My biggest gripe has been clouds, for this update they look superb although I will have to play about with my settings as the FPS still looked problematic for me during the very short time I spent with the update late last night, it moved up and down from 60 to 48 using the settings before the update, however, I will now test the new settings and see what happens.;)

Now looking forward to the new theater announcement and the Hurricane.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Congrats Dev team. Fantastic effort.

The jobs never 'done' of course, but this is an amazing base to work from.

Hope you're able to take some time, have a few beers and reflect on the achievement.  :drinks:

19 hours ago, Han said:

57. Me 262 A elevator is less affected by ram air according to newly found data;

Does this also affect the problem with the vertical stab breaking off?

8 hours ago, JimTM said:

In the quick mission setup screen, are you able to choose the Arras map in the drop-down list on the top right? That's one indication that you have purchased and activated Flying Circus.

Hi, yes I have got this product. Flown in a quick mission, just wondering if career mode is available as i can't find it if it is. I see it says it's available to integrate with career mode with all the other campaigns.

FC, Arras map, QMB:

Enemy ground targets inside friendly area..

.2019_11_8__12_17_10.thumb.png.f5d4f01c239189b7e8cc7fce38d6e477.png

The guy sticking out of the plane is simply a true American Hero !

Rambo should be jealous of that guy, even better than that crossbow-trick  🙂

Thank you to all the team for this superb release. It's a pity Clod and it's team be as reliable as you guys. Thanks again😂

Edited by No.85_Camm
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, aaranp88aaronp said:

Hi, yes I have got this product. Flown in a quick mission, just wondering if career mode is available as i can't find it if it is. I see it says it's available to integrate with career mode with all the other campaigns.

There is no career mode for FC at present. Clearly stated for this product in its initial iteration. I think you must be reading descriptions for BoX and TC and assuming it also counts for FCircus

47 minutes ago, aaranp88aaronp said:

I see it says it's available to integrate with career mode with all the other campaigns.

I'm wondering where you saw that? There is no career for FC1 planned, maybe for FC2 if we're lucky.

There is PWCG for FC and it is very good but needs an update to take advantage of the new ground objects released yesterday, for now it has been utilizing the existing in game WWII objects.  

8 hours ago, blitze said:

Also patiently awaiting FFR issues to be resolved for my RTX2080.

There though is the probability that FFR issues relate to SteamVR itself rather than Il2.  I know SteamVR Home is FUBAR with FFR enabled - I will test DCS which I just recently pulled down to have a look at and see how FFR goes in that.

VR is great but spotting at some settings is hard.

Anyway keep posting things that need refinement and to the Dev's a great big Thank You!

It's a while since I used the Pimax FFR (Fixed Foveated Rendering), but it definitely used to work and gave a very sharp image, although it was not to my liking as it seemed to defeat the point of the wide field of view and the distortion outside of the foveated render area was somewhat immersion sapping. Maybe the Steam VR update has something to do with it no longer working.

Since the Steam update, I get a hideous psychedelic flickering and a blue IL2 name-box on the mission loading screen, though everything else seems ok.

I would be interested to hear what kind of performance other Pimax users are getting.

With the Pimax 5K-Plus, using an RTX 2080Ti and Core i7-6700K, I personally cannot get beyond about 38 to 48 fps (very rarely 50fps),

Significant settings are;

Smart-Smoothing = On (on or off - doesn't make much difference?) 

Field of View  = "Normal" 

Render Quality = 2 (very little improvement in fps at 1.5)

Gameplay at these settings is quite smooth, though spotting aircraft at more than a couple of kilometres is very difficult unless labels are used.

Even with the current shortcomings of VR, it is hard to go back to using a monitor for gameplay.

With Pimax and some other contempory headsets now being considered as 2nd generation, it makes me look forward in slight amazement to what the next generation of VR headsets will be like.

Edited by SquashmanMikeEH
spelling

3 hours ago, airahusky said:

Did you see any chat boxmessage when this happened?

No. This was a quick mission and I didn’t see it in the record that was made either.

• Thanks 1

how long does it take usually from when you  purchased  till you see the game in your file ?  

Does this mean that the officially released modules are now eligible to be included in subsequent sales, or will there be a period of 'newness' in which they're excluded? (Yes this has happened previously with some content)

4.001b

Dear customers,

As always, we pay much attention to improve the quality of your game. Therefore, as soon as possible we have prepared a small hot fix update to fix problems that were quickly identified after the release of version 4.001b. In particular:

1. In the Pilot's Career: fixed removal of awards when receiving the award of the next level;
2. In the Pilot's Career: fixed the lack of texts of titles and descriptions of awards when using languages other than English and Russian;
3. In the Tank Crew: fixed invisible Soviet tanks crewmans;
4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit;
5. In the Flying Circus: Fokker Dr.I and SPAD 13.C1 aircraft pitch control is returned to its previous state;
6. In the Flying Circus: in the quick mission, the time from approaching to the balloon to the start of its emergency descent is increased;
7. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using machine guns and autocannons;
8. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using rockets.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 21
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Han said:

4.001b

Dear customers,

As always, we pay much attention to improve the quality of your game. Therefore, as soon as possible we have prepared a small hot fix update to fix problems that were quickly identified after the release of version 4.001b. In particular:

1. In the Pilot's Career: fixed removal of awards when receiving the award of the next level;
2. In the Pilot's Career: fixed the lack of texts of titles and descriptions of awards when using languages other than English and Russian;
3. In the Tank Crew: fixed invisible Soviet tanks crewmans;
4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit;
5. In the Flying Circus: Fokker Dr.I and SPAD 13.C1 aircraft pitch control is returned to its previous state;
6. In the Flying Circus: in the quick mission, the time from approaching to the balloon to the start of its emergency descent is increased;
7. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using machine guns and autocannons;
8. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using rockets.

You guys rock! Do you ever sleep?

6 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Does this mean that the officially released modules are now eligible to be included in subsequent sales, or will there be a period of 'newness' in which they're excluded? (Yes this has happened previously with some content)

Usually a year after release you might see the first sale of them.

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

FC, Arras map, QMB:

Enemy ground targets inside friendly area..

.2019_11_8__12_17_10.thumb.png.f5d4f01c239189b7e8cc7fce38d6e477.png

still persists after hotfix...

I love it - thank you guys!

I want to start a campaign for every plane available - I wish I had the time!

I am surprised by the decision to polish this module instead of moving on immediately - I love that as well!

Just great!

• Like 1

Runs perfect after patch, no stutters or nothing, More fps than ever with my low end gtx1050ti slowing things up. Map is awesome too.

Been waiting for The career, because i dont often fly online. Had to say i was little dissapointed (again) by The Ai. Been waiting for 2 years for Ai that doesnt do stupid things and just fly circles around when i fight.

Started tempest campaign, at first mission fw190s were attacking near airfield. Half of em got bombs and just circled 20 laps around airfield doing nothing. Half of them slowly descended to ground and belly landed with propeller still spinning fine. My team just circled and kind of tried to fight, but it looked so passive and dull. Shot all nine down by myself without any effort (expert AI My ass).

Next mission was destroying transport column. 

I tried 10 minutes to get my teammates to do something, but they just circled around when i did all The work. Didn't play third mission, this it it for me with AI like that, feels like i am only one with working guns and others are just targets. Otherwise The game is perfect, but i dont know what to do with combat sim without The combat aspect. Im glad that they did The hotfix for ground attack with guns, but there is still way more to get even remotely good AI. 

Ite is strange that in qmb The ai is much more aggressive than on career mode, qmb ai really gives some hard time sometimes.

IMG_20191108_155626.jpg

• Sad 1

At work but looks amazing. When I get home will kiss my wife, pat the dog and disappear for a few hours! 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1