Sign in to follow this  
SAS_Bombsaway

How to uninstall and re install the game?

I have purchased from both here and Steam. My install is giving me some issues and would like to re install but not sure how to do that since i have bought items from both sites.

I would be grateful for any advise.

13 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

I have purchased from both here and Steam. My install is giving me some issues and would like to re install but not sure how to do that since i have bought items from both sites.

I would be grateful for any advise.

I believe if you have the game through Steam, and you have linked the accounts, you need to launch the game through Steam to get all your content.

So I guess you would re-download from Steam and install from there. Caveat: I do not use Steam for the game so this is just a guess.

I don't understand. 

Do you whant to re install, or to merge the content from steam and il2sturmovik.com? 

For uninstal steam just go to  your game tab  and Select uninstal. For the other version look for an uninstal.exe, or delete the whole sturmovik folder. You wont loose any content, as long as you use the same user/password.

But you can't use steam content on the not-steam game and vice versa unless you link both. For wich the best option is to browse this forum looking for a thread done by the Developers.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Does anyone who has bought from Steam and here know how to re install?

The same way you would do with any Steam content. Do the install and download from the Steam Store app installed on your system.

Once installed you should be able to then login to your IL-2 account (that's the thing that tracks all of your purchases on both platforms) and away you go.

Bear in mind that both methods will download all of the content the only difference is how each system (steam or site and whether they are linked) is how you access the content you have purchased

Cheers, Dakpilot 

On 11/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Does anyone who has bought from Steam and here know how to re install?

Right Click on game name in the games library and INSTALL is at the top

To uninstall right click game name then manage and uninstall is in there

Thank you to everyone here who posted and Mike, "SAS~Storebror" , for advise on this subject. I found that when you click uninstall on the Steam, it doesn't really uninstall. I had to remove the folder from Steamapps,common and place it somewhere else. Then download and reinstall. Of course I backed up everything before uninstalling. 

Now so far everything is working correctly that I can tell. The CTD with ships in no longer happening and things seem to be ok.

Thanks again for the help. :salute:

• Like 1