361st_Bugsy

How do you make a mission flying against another squadron

The topic says it all I want to create a mission flying against another squadron but when I make that mission I don’t see the choices for the other squadron it’s going to be a dog fight mission! I thought we were able to create one in the PWCG but when making it there’s no selection for the other side just the side your flying on, 

Any help please

From watching the videos I think you have to create opposition pilots and then add them to the LW side just like you do to the Allied side.  Then you will have the choice of having breathers instead of AI on the opposite side. 

Hoss

What @361st_Hoss said.  And I like "Breathers" :) .

Single player: it's only you.  You cannot control who you fly against. 

Cooperative Coop is everybody in one squadron.  You cannot assign human pilots to the other side or even other squadrons.  You cannot control who you fly against. 

Competitive Coop: Players in any squadron on any side.  When the campaign host creates a mission he will decide which personas (and therefore which human players) to include in the mission.  PWCG then looks at the included humans, figures out who they fly for, and ensures that a mission flight is created and included for every human participant.  If multiple human players are part of the same squadron they will be incorporated into a single flight.

Joe: 362nd

Harry: 362nd

John: I KG 51

Jane: I JG27

Tom: I JG27

In this scenario three human flights will be created and guaranteed to be included in the mission.  One flight will have Joe and Harry flying for the 362nd, one will have John flying for KG51, and one will have Jane and Tom flying for JG27.  Based on settings the rest of the flights in the mission will be AI flights.

In all of these scenarios you do not get to choose.  It is always one flight per human squadron with AI filling in the rest.

I know I saw a video for that Patrick but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, you have a link?

Hoss

1 hour ago, 361st_Hoss said:

I know I saw a video for that Patrick but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, you have a link?

Hoss

Not sure,  I have not made coop videos yet (on the to do list)

I saw one of where you put add pilots, and one of the names added takes you to the LW side of the coop so you can assign them to the flight to take the AI's place like you do for the friendly side. 

I'm getting too old Patrick, I can't remember squat anymore.........  I know I saw it, just can't remember on what video.

Mike/Hoss

20 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

I saw one of where you put add pilots, and one of the names added takes you to the LW side of the coop so you can assign them to the flight to take the AI's place like you do for the friendly side. 

I'm getting too old Patrick, I can't remember squat anymore.........  I know I saw it, just can't remember on what video.

Mike/Hoss

OK, that one was not intended to be coop related.  That was single player.  It is an option to continue with a new pilot if your existing pilot is dead.

The same screen is used to add pilots to coop, so I guess it is sort of related.

So basically when I create a player I need to add a different squadron and then that will give me different sides correct?

I think there's something wrong with the PWCG. I cant get the German side to show up for the mission only my guys side

When I'm at the pilot selection screen where it lists all the pilots names it wont let me add more then two players to host

Edited by 361st_Bugsy

Please do a video on how to get 2 sides in one mission please. i cant get this to work Pat.

53 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Pat, could you make a video on how to setup a coop competitive campaign?

It is on the to do list.  I want to look into the work flows as well.  I think there is some improvement to be had there.

• Thanks 1

How many players can the generator cope with? we could have 12-15 turn up. Is this do able?

18 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

How many players can the generator cope with? we could have 12-15 turn up. Is this do able?

There is no hard limit.

That many players would stretch "Cooperative" mode (all players same side, same squadron).  However, there are 14 slots per squadron so as long as you do not exceed that Cooperative should work.  The biggest challenge might be fitting everybody on the runway with enough room to get airborne.

No problem in Competitive mode where players fly for multiple squadrons..  Competitive mode does not really require the players to be competitive. If everybody wants to be on the same side you can do that, just distribute the players among different squadrons.

LMAO, that's the video I saw, getting old when I can't remember Patrick from Requiem after five minutes. 

Thanks Pingu