Sign in to follow this  
BornToBattle

Dogfights Series

Wow. Just watched an episode of Dogfights on the Quest network and it was about Operation Bodenplatte and the Y-29 area. Really something to see the computer models fighting it out as the actual pilots who flew there then tell their individual stories! P-47’s and ‘51’s in the mix with ‘109’s and ‘190’s. I think they said they lost 1 P-47 and no Mustang loses but the axis lost something like 24 aircraft during their attempted raid with 4 German POW’s only taken.

I love that series. Now there’re doing an episode on Vietnam air combat but I gotta go get the leaves outta the yard. I’m recording the series so no worries. Whew.

Oh wait...F-4’s and four MiG-17’s! Oh to hell with the leaves...they can wait til spring...

The Fighter Pilot Podcast is excellent - I'm almost caught up with their older episodes, and every one of them has been a great listen.

• Thanks 1

Dogfights also did good episodes on the Bismarck and Yamato

Not sure how battleships duking it out with other warships while getting attacked by dive and torpedo bombers qualifies as a “dogfight”, but they’re still worth watching.

13 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The Fighter Pilot Podcast is excellent - I'm almost caught up with their older episodes, and every one of them has been a great listen.

Thanks for the reminder on this.

8 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I think this thread has gone on long enough.

It's time for a commercial.

Well, since you asked for it: (Ahem) 

Now introducing Mobile_BBQ and Plumbing Service!  Eat Mobile_BBQ and get your pipes cleaned in one quick easy transaction!  Affordable rates!  Call today!

*Not intended to diagnose or treat any illness.  Side effects may include compulsive facepalming and general derpiness.  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, Gambit21 said:

Thanks for the reminder on this.

NP! Just listened to the episode featuring Brian Shul today. 👍🏼

On 11/7/2019 at 4:38 AM, LukeFF said:

NP! Just listened to the episode featuring Brian Shul today. 👍🏼

Is this available in all countries ? I feel I miss out of pretty much all good stuff

On 11/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, Rolling_Thunder said:

I'm sure the "OMG, history channel propaganda", russian troll factory puppets, crowd will be along shortly to poo poo your enjoyment.

Sadly. I thought it was a good series. Well worth owning on DVD.

I've got season 1 and season 2 on dvd... I enjoyed watching the whole lot!

I don't care if they were 100% accurate or not... they were great to watch.

I can´t believe that now with the new sims and the archive real videos and pilots interviews, they are not making new seasons .... 😪

It is interesting that pilots in the target aircraft could feel the concussion through their rudder pedals of the 37mm cannon in the MiG-15 being fired.

10 hours ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

Is this available in all countries ? I feel I miss out of pretty much all good stuff

It should be. 

S! 

Another good series is The Vietnam War. Covers it from the befinning to bitter end. Every episode quite a long one. Goes to politics, homeland and of course the front. Both sides have been interviewed. 

7 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Another good series is The Vietnam War. Covers it from the befinning to bitter end. Every episode quite a long one. Goes to politics, homeland and of course the front. Both sides have been interviewed. 

There have been several series about the Vietnam War. The best told I thought was the resent Ken Burns series. As are most of his documentaries.